Malaysia Hotels

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 4069

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MAHKOTA HOTEL - MELAKA: THE HARDEST BEDS IN THE WORLD

I selected this hotel because the prices looked good, the hotel looked good the location looked good and the reviews looked good. When I arrived I was warmly greeted and told which tower my room was in. This place is huge. Although they comprise towers, the complex is very pretty, has lots of running water and beautiful plants. My room was on a high floor and looked out over the water. Inside I had an apartment actually. A full kitchen – larger than the one in my house – opened into a long living room with a TV and nice furniture. The bedroom was good sized and nice. The bathroom was efficient. Everything was fine until it was bedtime. The beds were as hard as a brick. I have never known a mattress to be this solid anywhere in the world. I ended up taking the cushions of the living room furniture and sleeping on the floor! The beds were absolutely diabolical. The only other issue I had was that the room next door had scheduled a big party with about 30 people. I explained what would happen if I heard them and 29 of them left within minutes. I spoke to reception in the morning and they verified they will throw anyone making noise out of the hotel.

So as long as you are not trying to sleep – this is a great hotel.

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
• 419 Rooms and apartments with the hardest beds on planet Earth

ROOMS:
All rooms have at least:
Air-conditioning, shower, toiletries, Dressing Table, hair dryer, TV, safe, Coffee & Tea making facilities, Mini Bar, Fridge, Wi-Fi (FREE for one user only)
• Room Types: Deluxe Room, Premier Room, Junior Suites, Family Suite, Apartment Rooms
• NO cooking allowed in apartments kitchenette except for long term stays

FOOD & DRINK
• Café Mahkota – Buffets and ala carte Oriental and European cuisines
• Pizza Terrace - home-made Italian pizzas and pastas
• Bay Lounge and Terrace -full bar with in-house live band

FACILITIES
• 2 Outdoor swimming pools
• Laundry & Valet service, Ironing Centers, Coin-operated Self Service Launderette
• Mini Mart (also known as ‘Souvenir Shop’)
• Multi-Storey Car park (2 Levels)
• Separate male and female sauna facilities, indoor squash courts and outdoor tennis courts
• Oasis Karaoke - all-night entertainment with the private singing rooms

• Related to: Singles, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written August 16, 2014

MAHKOTA HOTEL - MELAKA

• jorgejuansanchez profile photo jorgejuansanchez
  • Reviews: 2360

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Green Leaf: Good hotel in Kuantan

I arrived to the bus station and at a walking distance I found this hotel, which looked nice, modern and comfortable. I asked for the price and booked a room.

Centrically located, good, clean and cheap.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written June 18, 2014

Good and comfortable hotel

• azmilsyahmi profile photo azmilsyahmi
  • Reviews: 11

Romantic Hotels that I have stayed: Romantic Hotels in Malaysia

I am married to the most beautiful (in my eyes that is) and wonderful lady, therefore when we go for our holidays I sometimes look for Romantic hotels to pamper her. I normally look out for their honeymoon packages cause there's a lot of romantic things that go with the rooms. Below are my review of some of the hotels that we have stayed.

AVILLION PORT DICKSON
At Avillion Port Dickson we took their honeymoon package. It was my wife's birthday and I wanted something unique for her. Avillion didn't let us down. The room we had was a water chalet on the ocean that had an open air shower area as well as bath tub. The package comes with a bouquet of roses, candlelight dinner for two at the Crow’s Nest, a neck as well as face therapeutic massage also for two along with two nights stay with breakfast. This resort is actually surrounded with lots of greeneries so much so that my spouse commented she feels like we were in another country not close by to Kuala Lumpur. The meals were normal. We had our candle light on the outdoor patio which was pretty romantic cause| you are able to view the ocean. Services were good. Since there were very few people dining we had the terrace to ourselves. Breakfast was average however it’s alright as we are not big eaters.

BALA’S CHALET CAMERON HIGHLANDS
Cameron Highlands is famous for their cool weather, roses and strawberries. With these settings it’s a really romantic place to be with. For a truly romantic feel with an English Charm, try out this hotel called the Bala Chalet. The hotel is converted from an old English Boarding School. The hotel is very charming, the rooms also gives you the feel of an English Inn. The hotel is also not too expensive as the Ye Olde Smokehouse. But the only setback with this place is its food outlet. It’s rather small and there’s not much variety. Other than that you just need enjoy the place and gardens. That's what I did; just sit by the garden with my wife and just chit chat. The hotel is located on a hill with lush greenery around. So it’s really beautiful when the weather is colder and there’s a mist around. As it’s away from the main road it’s rather peaceful. For tea and scones go to this little quaint café above Marrybrown Fast Food in Tanah Rata.

IMPIANA CHERATING
Impiana Resort Cherating is definitely an ideal destination for a romantic escape by the beach. Impiana Resort is located among what I feel is the best spot of Cherating Beach. The resort is about 4 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur which is accessible by means of East Coast Expressway (Route E8), the rooms are designed with a traditional Malaysian, with a four poster beds. Almost all rooms have a view of the sea and the sound from the waves crashing on the seashore can be heard from your room. The Impiana is situated in East Coast's finest sandy shorelines therefore the beach there is clean and captivating especially on full moon nights. As there are not many resorts around so the area is rather quite. What we did here was have a night picnic where we got a small electric lamp and some finger food. Layout a mat and sit and enjoy the cool breeze and the heavenly sound of the waves. We also enjoyed the long walks on the beach, it was really romantic. Actually it was where we both fell in love as we were working there. Occasionally we go back there to recreate those romantic moments.

GRAND LEXIS PORT DICKSON
Grand Lexis is a one of a kind resort n Malaysia. This unique resort offers 3 room types. There's the Water Villas which is on stilts on the sea, Sky Pool Villas which is located in the hotel block as well as Garden Villas which is designed like residential houses. My spouse favors the Villas; she claims that it has that homely feeling. The unique aspect of this particular resort apart from its huge suites is that each every room features its very own swimming pool. It’s not a very large pool but big enough for a small family to have fun with. Whenever you feel like swimming, simply open the door and dive in your very own private pool. You can also watch your kids swimming from the comfort of your bedroom which overlooks the pool. Just a note the private swimming pool is actually 4ft deep, thus you need to pay careful attention to your kids. So imagine this resort has over 300 swimming pool, I’ve read its listed in the Malaysian Book of Records as the resort with the most swimming pool. Well if you would like a beach getaway then don’t choose this place cause there is absolutely no beach. The closest beach is actually next door at Glory Beach Resort however since the waterways are used by barges as well as ships, the beach can be dirty most of the time. It’s my suggested location that you can stay with your family likewise for newly married couples to have their honeymoon here...

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Beaches, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 14, 2013

Avillion Water Chalet

• Rupanworld profile photo Rupanworld
  • Reviews: 1029

China town

The best place to stay in Malaysia is the China town or Jalan Petalling area. There are accommodations of all budgets in this area and great places to eat out

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 10, 2013

• Rosiani profile photo Rosiani
  • Reviews: 1

Waterfall: Homestay

Now a days there are a lot of homestay can be found in Kelantan. That's an alternative place to stay besides Hotel and resort . Thsi type of accomadation is cheaper if you are staying with a large number of people .

This kind of accomadation give a chance to expericen the culture of the place

• Related to: Family Travel, Work Abroad
  • Written June 18, 2013

• Thesoultraveler_cler profile photo Thesoultraveler_cler
  • Reviews: 1

Chinatown Boutique Hotel: Malaysia's Sweet Place

It has a comfortable space just right for a peaceful place to stay. The room was clean and the bed was laid with soft and skin friendly sheets. There was a pot for heating water for coffee. I suggest that you bring along with you instant coffee. The room had good cold air from the aircon vent. It has cable TV and most channels were in English. Unfortunately, there was no ref, no installed hair blower and no bath tub. There was cold and hot shower though. Staying in this Inn is really incredible. I love to return for another great stay.

• Written November 24, 2012

Side shot of the The ChinaTown Boutique Hotel

• vathees profile photo vathees
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Budget Classic Inn Hotel: Cheapest Hotel Ever!

I Visit to Malaysia with my 4 other friends in 2009 December. And We have Search many Budget hotel to Stay finally we found the Hotel which is a Great and Cheap hotel in KL Sentral. Luxury Room with Attached Bathroom with Hot Water just for 88 ringgit around 30$. We have stay there around 10 days. It's a Nice Hotel.

Luxury Rooms with 1st class attached bathroom with Heater. there are no lift but 3 or 4 floor.
I think it's a best and cheapest hotle in KL Sentrl, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written February 29, 2012

• schurman23 profile photo schurman23
  • Reviews: 89

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Chinatown Inn: Best bed in the heart of Chinatown.

This place truly served its purpose. A place where you can retire and rest for the night and take comfort in leaving your things during the day. Its cheap, clean, accessible to lots of places, staff are courteous, and the room is a comfortable place to sleep.

If you're only looking a place to stay for the night this place is the best choice. Its near to practically everything from food, souvenir, market, and most importantly transportation.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written July 30, 2011
Tip Photo

• uching profile photo uching
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cititel in Kota Kinabalu and Radius International: Downtown hotel-close to everything

KOTA KINABALU- Cititel Express: very affordable and centrally located in Kota Kinabalu. 5 minutes walk to the seafood market, 10 to 15 minutes walk to Centerpoint shopping center and baywalk

Centrally located. Very safe and transpo is very easy

• Written October 7, 2010

• sybille profile photo sybille
  • Reviews: 16

Jalan Jalan Guesthouse, Malacca: The Best little hostel in Malacca

I have stayed at Jalan Jalan a couple of times, and am planning to go back in a month or so. I was really impressed with Sam, the partner/manager, who welcomed me when I arrived the first time, way after midnight. Next day I met a great mix of Australian and Swedish guests, plus a few locals who dropped in to have a chat. Although there are only one toilet and one shower, these were kept very clean, and the hot water in the shower worked just fine! This is one of the friendliest hostels I have stayed at.

The thing which makes Jalan Jalan Guesthouse stand out, is the friendly atmosphere.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 23, 2010

Jalan Jalan court yard

Bushman: Staying close to Paradise

We spent seven nights in a very clean chalet in front of the see, very close to Paradise. No air-con but a fan and it was not too hot for us if at night you keep windows open (there aren't mosquitos).

A family is running the restaurant and the three chalet, two for 2/3 persons and one for 4/6 persons. Chalets are new and very clean. Bushman is the last resort you find at South end of Juara beach.

Peaceful, clean, good restaurant, cheap...

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Jungle and Rain Forest

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aldy Hotel: Staying in the centre of Melaka

The building is beautiful and rooms are big. The staff is not very professional. We booked this hotel because they have a jacuzzi on the roof and we have a child, so we taught it would have been a good idea to stay there, just in the centre of Melaka and few steps from Chinatown and museums area. I insisted on the phone about the jacuzzi and they told me that they have a jacuzzi, but when we arrived the pool was empty. So we asked why and they told us they have to clean it and it will be ready for the next day in the afternoon. My friend argued a little with the lady at the reception and at the end they gave us a 10% discount. Not very nice at all.

At the ground floor there is a quite good Italian restaurant, Bamboo Hut Bistro, but a bit overpriced. Very friendly and professional staff.

Poor breakfast with fixed menu.

Good position, nice view of the town from the rooftop.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average

Aldy Hotel Malacca

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maytower Hotel: Staying in a skyscraper

We spent in total 5 days here. Good place to stay in Kuala Lumpur. Nice swimming pool. Small rooms and noisy air-con. Friendly staff. The hotel is close to Little India, nice Indian restaurants around and Central Market is not too far.
Book on line because is cheaper!

Swimming pool is quite big and not crowded.
Very good breakfast.

• Related to: Family Travel
Tip Photo

• lynnehamman profile photo lynnehamman
  • Reviews: 412

Crowne Plaza Hotel: Perfect Choice of Hotel in KL

We had an excellent stay at the Crown Plaza in KL. It is centrally situated, with a perfect view of Petronas Towers and skyline. Just a five minute walk to shopping malls, restuarants and transport. There is a Monorail station almost at the door.
The hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens, has an inviting (in the Malaysian heat) pool, and the service is excellent. The check in process was faultless.
The restaurants, of which there are a few, serve a la carte, and Buffet (which we enjoyed, the choice is wide and varied)- food very well prepared and tasty. There is also an outdoor dining area, where superb breakfasts are served. (included in cost) . 24 hr room service.

Our room has a king-size bed, plus a smaller bed, and was a very good size. Very comfortable mattresses.
The ambiance is good, and cleanliness gets a 10/10. There are the usual necessary in room facilites- Mini-bar, wide-screen TV, wi-fi, and the marble tiled bathroom was EXCELLENT- with good lighting, reliable shower and plenty of mirrors.
We really liked the fact that this hotel is close to MRT and within walking distance of good shops etc. Taxis are on call and available any time of day or night.
The pool area is lovely- surrounded by tropical plants & trees, and we enjoyed using it after a hectic day out. Fresh towels are provided at pool kiosk, and sunbeds surround the pool area.
My husband was attending a conference in KL, so I was left to fend for myself during the days.... however, the staff were so helpful and provided any help & information that I needed.
There are Conference facilities at the hotel.
I would absolutely recommend a stay here.

The pool area and the beautiful tropical gardens, the views from our room, and the dining experience. There is a very relaxed atmosphere at Crowne Plaza- the staff obviously enjoy working there, and it shows on the friendly faces and welcoming smiles. Proximity to shopping malls & restuarants,

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel
  • Written May 26, 2010

Entrance to Crown Plaza

• K2NG profile photo K2NG
  • Reviews: 45

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel London: Just a abit more Gracious

I was in Kuala Lipis, Malaysia ,after finishing my Jungle Train ride from Kota Bahru. The time was 1335hrs. As my connecting train would leave at around 2325hrs for KL, I needed some place to rest. I tried London Hotel which was just a short distance away from the train station. I requested for a non-airconditioned room . They charge 23Rm for one night. I asked for a discount telling them I was only hanging around until 11 pm that night. After much persuasion, the reception finally agreed to let me have the room on half-day rental and I had to pay 20RM. Well, I was not in the mood to fight for more discounts and I just could not care much. I paid up and went up to rest. In the evening the reception asked if I was ready to check out. That time then was around 8.20pm. I told him I would check out around 11pm. Well, he said I would have to pay up another 3RM if I want to hang around for another 3 and a half hours. I could have easily paid him the 3RM but I just packed and left. But what I did not like was the stingy attitude over a mere 3RM. Furthermore, they would have already gotten the advantage by charging me near full night rate when I was only hanging around for 9 hours. I will never recommend anyone to take that horrible place.

Cleanliness: 6/10
Toilet facilities: 3/10
Friendliness: 5/10
Service: -10/10 (Just too much!!!!)

• Written April 14, 2010