Kuala Selangor Hotels

• boocik04 profile photo boocik04
  • Reviews: 105

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

De Palma Inn: Peaceful & Beautiful Chalets

I stayed here not to go to the Fireflies Sanctuary but I was on a course/workshop.

I enjoyed the peaceful environment within the resort grounds. In the mornings, there were some monkeys on top of the chalet's roof but I guess, this is the advantage of living around nature...

The resort consists of 48 units of chalets. The room facilities include air-conditioning, mini fridge, colour TV and coffee/tea-making facility. The room & toilet is a bit too small for my liking, but it is clean & functional. Also, the towels need to be replaced with new ones as they are a bit old and ratty but they are clean.

For recreation, De Palma Inn has 2 swimming pools (one for adults & one or the children) & a tennis court. This is the only 3-star resort available in Kuala Selangor.

The chalet's traditional architecture design is a very unique quality I find very charming at this resort.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Birdwatching
  • Written March 2, 2007

The chalet's walkaway

• boocik04 profile photo boocik04
  • Reviews: 105

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Firefly Park Resort: A Comfortable Accomodation Within Nature

I was pleasantly surprised when I reach the resort. I was expecting an old, rundown resort but fortunately it is a very unique and comfortable accomodation. Most importantly, it was clean. Although the second bedroom was a little bit small with only 2 single beds in the room - with nothing else, it was not entirely a disappointment.

The resort's 12-unit chalets are built on stilts above the riverine water. Each chalet consists of two rooms (one with a queen-sized bed and the other with 2 single beds) with air-conditioning for both bedrooms.

The bathroom has a water heater (for the cold rainy nights) and the common area has two chairs to sit, a colour TV, kettle and glasses.

The balcony area has a long bench for you to lay down napping or sit and feed the fish. However, only 2 towels and only 2 small bottles of shower gel are given.

This private resort was built in the middle of a small village of Kampung Bukit Belimbing. Whilst the resort was being built, painstaking care and effort were taken to protect the nearby environment of the Fireflies Sanctuary from being destroyed.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Adventure Travel, Eco-Tourism
  • Written January 14, 2007
Tip Photo

The common area of the chalet unit

• kyoub profile photo kyoub
  • Reviews: 2221

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

De Palma Inn: Chalets

We drove from Shah Alam to Kuala Selangor.
On the outskirts of town we found where we were staying for a few nights.
De Palma Inn had a very nice reception area.
We followed the sidewalks around through the calets until we found ours.
They were very nothing fancy but comfortable and everything we needed because we planned to be in the park most of our time in the area.
Little did we know that we would get very little sleep because of the nightly fireworks in celebration of Chinese New Year.

At the time we were there the food was not that good. They were more geared for large groups we thought.
I think large birding tours stop here and they are served a buffet meal.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Eco-Tourism
  • Written July 21, 2004

Chalet

• kyoub profile photo kyoub
  • Reviews: 2221

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Concorde Hotel: Central location

The Concorde Hotel was new when we stayed there. We arrived very weary from our 22 hr flight .
Located in the midst of Shah Alam's business and financial area, Concorde Hotel Shah Alam is the town's largest international business class hotel. Concorde Hotel Shah Alam is near to tourist attractions such as the Blue Mosque, Shah Alam Racing Circuit, & Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam Agricultural Park.
The hotel room was very comfortable and I loved the thick cozy robe.
We could see the Blue Mosque out our window.

There was a nice pool and two restaurants.
We ate at the Melting Pot. restaurant where they served food from around the world.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip
  • Written July 21, 2004

The view

• YuenK profile photo YuenK
  • Reviews: 16

Nature Park (Taman Alam): Stayin in Kuala Selangor

There are A-frame chalets (2 pax) and kampung style ensuite chalets (3-4pax) costing about RM18p/p. They are in the Nature Park. There is a camping ground as well. This park run by Malaysian Nature Society (www.mns.org.my). In the morning you will hear birds singing etc.

There is De Palma Hotel in Kuala Selangor (3stars) with swimming pool, tennis court, ensuite, air-cond, tv etc for around RM150/n.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 6, 2003

• edachsund profile photo edachsund
  • Reviews: 236

Taman Alam Shah: Camping

You can either make your own camp in the Camp side area or maybe if you unable to camp, perhaps you could just hire a room.
Price : RM 45

Chalet in the middle of the forest. You can always communicating with those creatures especially mosquito.

• Opinion of Price: about average