Townview Hotel

60 Jalan Sisi, Muar, Johor, 84000, Malaysia

Satisfaction Poor

More about Muar

FEstivalFEstival

Hari Raya Celebration at Wetex Parade , MuarHari Raya Celebration at Wetex Parade , Muar

Yummy SatayYummy Satay

Bak Kut TehBak Kut Teh

What can I do or see in Muar?

Hi,

I am thinking of going to Muar for a day trip. What can I do there besides trying out the local food? Any suggestions?

by azrinfadzil

Muar is like other small town in Johor territory. i just cant imagine what you can do in Muar.. try this, eat Mee Bandung Muar at the Tanjung Emas Recreational Park while feeding the Monkeys... Okeh?

by mansionion

Hi!

Its all depends on how you appreciate small off the beaten path towns like Muar. My suggestion, apart frm trying the local food (mee bandung, otak2 etc)you should also check out the colonial building in Tanjung Emas area - Masjid Sultan Ibrahim, Sultan Abu Bakar building etc. Try also the river cruise.

-m-

Hi mansionion,

Thanks for the advice.

by noraini

i know its a bit late but i had an experience staying for a weekend in muar.eventho there's nothing great (unlike kl)but i enjoyed my weekend very much.we arrived at about 4pm and had tea near stalls in tanjung bungah.from there we can see the mosque across the river.its more beautiful at night.then dinner we went to eat ikan bakar in serkam and spend window shopping in muar town.we stayed in one of the hotels in the middle of muar town.come morning we had breakfast in one of the shop which was featured in jalan2 cari makan programe.it's famous for mee bandung and satay (sold in the morning)but for me the mee bandung is not that great.!after that we went driving enjoying the kampung scenery (at least its different from what i see everyday at home in jb).we stopped for a while at gunung ledang resort then went back home after filing our car boot with fruits ..it was a cheap,short but enjoyable weekend.

Hi noraini,

Thanks for your info.

by dancanoz

Made my first visit to Muar on my way back from Pulau Sibu (off Tg Leman, Johor) about 2 weeks ago. Stayed a night at the Muar Traders Hotel overlooking the Muar River. Pulled opened the drapes in the morning and the tranquil and serene river view greeted me and it was so relaxin to watch the fishing boats go by. Nice. Tasted the wonderfully incomparable Fried Oyster (Ho Jien), Otak-Otak, Satay and Duck Noodles .... the thing that impressed me most about Muar are the friendly and helpful locals... that's how all of humankind should be! It was about to pour and I ran to get my car and drove it over so my missus and the kids can make a short dash to the car. Suddenly the coffee shop owner came running with a brolly so they don't get wet, and we didn't even patronise her shop! When asking for directions, the locals were so helpful. There isnt a whole lot to see and do, but my trip has been simple, yet so memorable. Kudos to Muar folks, the epitome of the beautiful Malaysian.

Travel Tips for Muar

The Royal and Customs & Exercise Building

by imstress

The Royal and Customs & Exercise Building is situated along Jalan Maharani. It is near the Sultan Ismail Bridge where the other side of Muar is and towards Melaka.

This building is located just opp Sai Kee coffeeshop where we have our coffee break.

This mosque looking building was built in 1909.

Maharani Curry House

by l_joo

Muar is also known as Maharani City, so you can see so many shops using the name of Maharani, such as this one Maharani Curry House. There were many more, Maharani Clinic, Maharani this, Maharani that..., anyway Maharani is ancient Sanskrit of Hindu, it means the queen, the Queen's City is the name in the old days before changed to Muar. Maharani City was a city under Majapahit Kingdom in 14th century much earlier than the Melaka Empire 1402.

Muar River

by l_joo

Parameswara was here, so was Joo. Alexander the Great's descendant, Mr.Parameswara, the founder of Melaka Empire 1402, he was here, but I don't know what exactly he did here, history recorded so, I told you so. Parameswara is a superhuman, his soul still live in Malaysia, the yellow color on the flag of Malaysia was his.

Yong Choon Association

by l_joo

Yong Choon Association is another associations in Muar's main street. ChineseMalaysian Associations is quite similar to Manchester United FC, Chelsea FC, Arsenal FC, Liverpool FC, Everton FC, etc. These associations are not football clubs but ethnic clubs, Yong Choon go to Yong Choon Association, Liverpool fans go to Liverpool FC Clubs, exactly.

Chuan Chuan Association

by imstress

There are many associations setted up by the Chinese. The association is where the clans or members meet together.

Chuan Chuan Association has a very magnificant building. There are red lanterns hanged all over the building. It is located near the food street where we parked our car there before we had our lunch.

Comments