Pulau Dayang Hotels

Our Members Say

• muratkorman profile photo muratkorman
  • Reviews: 862

Dayang Island Resort: Your one and only option

I had a weekend stay in Dayang Island Resort. It provides basic accomodation so don't come with big expectations. The rooms are clean and staff are very friendly. Moreover, the food is remarkable. All meals have enough variety to match your appetite. The famous BBQ on saturday nights is not to be missed. Since all guests will be diving all day long, the food is more important than where you sleep really :) The weekend diving packages from Singapore cost around 380-400 SGD per person, but I just don't know the cost of stay in the resort.

The food

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 20, 2010
Tip Photo

• yann.ng profile photo yann.ng
  • Reviews: 92

Dayang Island Resort: Only accomodation available on Pulau Dayang

There's 10 person bunk room, quad-share rooms in the resort. We are allocated room 15 (quad share) on the right side of the island.

It's a minimalist resort, with no TV, the bedroom only has 4 single beds. Though the rooms are air-conditioned, only pillow and mattress is provided. Therefore please bring enough warm clothings, blanket or sleeping bag for your trip. On the 2nd night, my friends and i decided not to on the aircon but just the ceiling fan in our room. i found the mattress a little uncomfortable as it sinks in when i live right in the middle.

Uncle Sam, the chef on the island, cooks pretty well. One of the better meals I've had on a diving trip where meal is included in the package. I really like his barbequed lamp chop with mint sauce and satay (dinner), stir fried vegetables (lunch).

The bathrooms are common. However we felt that the water from the tap and shower where our room was located (right side of island) has a rusty smell and taste. The water in the bathrooms in the middle of the island is fresh and good.

I am unaware of the prices of 2 nights accomodation at the resort as it is included in our dive package.

• Related to: Backpacking, Diving and Snorkeling, Water Sports
  • Written June 12, 2008

• bladedragon profile photo bladedragon
  • Reviews: 301

Dayang Island Resort: The only resort in Dayang Island

Pretty much basic, don't expect anything luxurious, if you're going there on a diving trip you wont be using the facilities much anyway.
One room can take as much as 12 person in bunk beds, bring your own blanket, they only provide pillow.
Common showers (like a dozen of them outside), bring your own towels too.
Buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Written May 29, 2006

Dayang Island Resort

• bpacker profile photo bpacker
  • Reviews: 1892

Pulau Dayang Island Resort: The Diver's Hangout

Accomodations at Pulau Dayang are pretty basic or shall I say, rustic . There are dorms that accomodate 12 or else a room for quad -sharing . All rooms have air-conditioning but bathrooms are common. Other than that, there is a common hangout area where divers can share incredible stories with one another.

As luck would have it, I was the only gal in the whole dive gp and I shared a dorm with 7 guys, making sleep a near impossibility. If you really need me to elaborate, think of Snow White and recall the symphony of snores by the seven dwarves. Yes, that was what happened to me...

Despite the rotten luck I had with the sleeping arrangement, the food bit was ok.The coolest thing about staying here was the free-flowing Saturday Evening BBQ. Everything here comes in large quantities as all divers have a ravaneous appetite and are able to devour a horse if it is dipped in satay gravy. Thank God there are other delicious things. I especially loved the pepper lambchop and curry chicken.

Cost
I have no idea how much it cost to stay here as everything was included in my 3d2ndive package at around S$300. It should cost less if you're not a diver. See website for more details.

• Written June 21, 2005
Tip Photo

Hanging out after a dive

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful