Pulau Tinggi Hotels

Our Members Say

• datukmajid profile photo datukmajid
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dreamz Tinggi Island: Dream on

There are 2 resort at Pulau Tinggi originally. Nadia's Inn and Tinggi Island Resort.
Due to some problem Nadia's Inn closed down which left only one resort there.
The new management rename it virtually Dreamz Tinggi Island Resort.
I said virtually cause when I went there(16th aug 08), the entrance signage still have not been changed.
Well, you can name it Fantasy Island resort for all I care but the truth is Dreamz Tinggi Island
is a 1 star rated chalet.
The rebranding just give the opportunity to the owner, to increase the price when in fact
there is nothing much to be proud of.
There is no tv in the room and the bedcover remind me of my school days in boarding school,
white and thin sheet of cotton.
The air cond is small compare to the room, which results to no cooling effect, they just
as might put bag of ice cubes in there instead.

Uniquely, all the outstanding characteristics of a chalet do not exist here BUT
you will be amaze that there is a dog that would keep on a watch. This dog,
we call him Johnny, neaver leave the compound of the chalet. It was there in front
of our room, at the beach and the dining area looking as sad as a dog could be.
So depending on your feeling towards dog, you either feel rellay safe or really
frigthen

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written August 21, 2008

• M.E.R.V profile photo M.E.R.V
  • Reviews: 363

Tinggi Island Resort: A resort or not?

I overheard the owner sayin' this was the first island resort to open in malaysia by her dad...??? Dont exactly know if thats true but it came out of her mouth. The resort has been in existence for over 10 years and to be honest, it looks more like a bunk house than what you would expect. I stayed on the top level on the hillside, gosh it was just a tiring climb up and down as though I was doing some military training. But I got the bestest view of everyone! The room I stayed in wasn't exactly in its best state, I wondered when was the last time someone actually stayed in there. There were wasp's nest!!! Arghhh!!! Other than that, I really did enjoy my stay here, especially the nights singing as loud as a mad dog on the verandah facing the ocean!

The hotel is the first of two resorts in this island. There is no hot water, so girls...only cold shower. The water channels directly from a waterfall somewhere on the slopes of the mountain jungle, at least something interesting to note about.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average