Hotel Segamat

14-18 Jalan Salim, Johor, 85000, Malaysia

More about Segamat

a road scene in central segamat...a road scene in central segamat...

kedai kopi nan yang...kedai kopi nan yang...

Nan Kwang restaurantNan Kwang restaurant

Big bread in the glassBig bread in the glass

How to get back from Segamat to JB or Singapore

by ACSH

Hi!

4 of us are going to Gunung Ledang on 23 - 25 June, returning to Singapore on Sun 25 June. We've got our train tix from Singapore to Segamat.

We are worried that we'll miss the 5pm train back to Singapore. Is there another way to return to Singapore? What time is the last express bus from Segamat to Larkin? Is it too late for us to buy it on Sun 25 June?

Thanks!

RE: How to get back from Segamat to JB or Singapore

by ngcsc

Hi,

I am not sure if you know that Gunung Ledang is not at Segamat... It is at Tangkak (not to far though). If you taking about taking bus back to Larkin or Singapore, you should take buses in Segamat as it is more frequent. I think you can get a bus before 8pm. Anyway, if you buying ticket in Segamat, you should take into consideration of the travel time from Tangkak to Segamat.

Cheers,

Siong Chuan

RE: How to get back from Segamat to JB or Singapore

by spencey

From Sagil resort walk out to the main road and take a bus to Tangkak. If you can't get a ticket back to Johor, go on to Muar. Lot of coach from Muar back to JB/Singapore. Since you have 2 night, you should be fine and out of Sagil by lunch time or early afternoon.

If you come down really late, approach the ranger for help to arrange a car to sent you out. So make sure you have enough fund to pay for inpromptu transportation or changes of bus.

Cheers

Travel Tips for Segamat

Segamat Church

by l_joo

I came by the PLUS highway with exit at T223 of Pedas. From Rembau to Tampin, Gemencheh, Gemas, bypassed Batu Anam, stopped by Buloh Kasap and last arrived at Segamat. After a coffee, I drove again to Tenang, Labis, Chaah, Yong Peng, Batu Pahat, Semarah, Parit Jawa and back to Kuala Lumpur. I did not take much photos due to bad weather, rainy all the way but luckily not in Segamat. Roads are quite easy and smooth to drive, not much of chaos traffics, beautiful sceneries especially some wooden architectures in Negri Sembilan state. Gemas is a nice little town, Buloh Kasap has got some old traditional houses for photos and if you want to eat some frogs, turtles, snakes, bats, etc, you can stop at Labis or Chaah. For Chinese temples, try Parit Jawa. Picture is a church in Segamat.

The famous Nanyang Coffee shop

by l_joo

Segamat is a mid-size town in the middle north of Johor state, expect to see many old architectures, heavy traffics too. I did not ask anybody about the directions but still managed to find it. The famous Nanyang Coffee shop, located opposite the big blue police head quarter next to this small police house, Jalan Awang is the road name, about 150 meters only, easy for first time visitor. Next to Nanyang Coffee is the street market, very lively on Saturday evening, I saw many peoples on street, cars parked at anywhere, as usual, and especially more peoples inside the coffee shop, you will understand why if you ever visited here, the restaurant sell halal foods, no pork, I saw many Malay Muslims drinking coffee and eating the 'roti bakar' toast. The business is too good, expect to stand and wait.

Segamat

by l_joo

A colleague of my friend said he drove all over the peninsular Malaysia as a salesperson in search of delicious foods, found this kopitiam (coffee shop) among the top of his personal best 3. Surprisingly he placed Hai Peng of Cukai in second while the third went to one in Melaka, can you believe this, coffee addicts? Curiousity arose, I drove here to make sure what he said was not exaggerated. I drove here in July 2005 and tasted the coffee of Nanyang restaurant of Segamat, but I won't tell you how the taste like, you have to come to taste for yourself. The town has a website, try http://www.segamat.com/

Brief History
Amat segar meaning very refreshing in local Malay language, join the two words together becomes Segamat, probably the environment inspired the name. In the old days, 16th century when first Sultan of Johor arrived here, he was so thirsty, after drinking the water from the clear river, feeling refreshed and healthy, Sultan happy and says “Segar amat”, thus gets the name Segamat. In 1901, Segamat became a district under Johor state where before belonged to Negeri Sembilan under the British Residence.

A Small Town - SEGAMAT

by gracekkh2004

Segamat is a small town situated 186 km away from Johor Bahru. It is most renowned for its durians as there are many fruit orchards in the district of Segamat.

The town has remained relatively unchanged over the years but this adds to the overall charm of Segamat. The local fare is excellent and visitors must visit the fruits orchards for a complete tour of Segamat.

If you want to know the history of this small town, you can log on to : http://johordt.gov.my/mds/english/gettoknowbaru.html

Segamat.....

by linnzz

I was born here.....

Segamat, a charming small town which is well known for its durians and probably the best Malaysian durians are found here.

My family move to Singapore when i was very young. I used to spend at least 2 weeks a year to stay wtih my grandmother who was then staying in this small town during school holiday....this was a yearly affair for my family till my grandmother passed away. Nowsday, I'll still go but only stay for a night.

Not much changes in this small town...or at least I can recognize most places....

Little history about Segamat, visit www.johordt.gov.my/mds/english/gettoknowbaru.html

Comments