Baling Hotels

Our Members Say

• lukluk_wal_marjan profile photo lukluk_wal_marjan
  • Reviews: 139

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Riverview Hotel: Stay by the river...

I happened to stay at this hotel when I was waiting for my house renovation to complete prior to my wedding reception.

Its the newest hotel in town so everything is practically new. Room comes with minimal facilities i.e. bathroom - no wet & dry separation - a small TV with local & selected cable channels, complimentary bottled drinks, minimal basic toileteries i.e. soap, toilet papers & towels.

Rooms are equipped with aircond. Water heater is available for your morning bath. Its really cold in the morning!

3 types of room available - room with 1 queen bed + 1 single bed recommended for families with kid, room with 1 queen bed or 2 single beds.

Rate ranges from RM70 - RM110 & surcharge applies during peak season. They accept cash only and there are some deposits required upfront when u check in.

If u r lucky u will get the view of the river - Sungai Ketil - which is actually at the back of the hotel. My mom's house is somewhere in the village across that river.

If u got the room on the top floor, venture out to the balcony and u will be greeted with the mountain itself.

It's within walking distance to groceries & town. Sufficient parking spaces are available at the front of the hotel.

No pools, no spas, no gyms...after all its just a small budget hotel.

Whatever it is, the staff are friendly and will try to accomodate your request wherever possible.

Note: Pics courtesy of our wedding phptographer - Harun Fadzillah

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written April 25, 2007
Tip Photo

Location, view from the bridge

• chiabh profile photo chiabh
  • Reviews: 710

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Riverview Hotel: Riverview Hotel

The Riverview Hotel is the only hotel in Baling... and hence you do not have any choice... The room is just rudimental for a comfortable stay but with no frills...

• Written December 25, 2006
Tip Photo

riverview hotel...

• lukluk_wal_marjan profile photo lukluk_wal_marjan
  • Reviews: 139

Seri Baling Inn & Seri Melati Lounge: On the top of the hill

I have never stayed here since this is my hometown. Anyways, Seri Baling Inn is the only nice 'hotel' available here. Others are mostly bed & breakfast kind of thing. Since is not a tourist area, I believe its not worthwhile for such luxurious hotels.

Nevertheless, if you happened to transit at this area & have a need for a stop, it is recommended that you stay at this Inn.

The common basic facilities are available i.e. airconditioned rooms, hot shower (u need this since its reaaaaaaaaallly cold in the early morning) telephone etc.

I'm not sure about breakfast anyway, but I believe its available upon request. Need to mention it during booking.

Located slightly on top of the hill. You can enjoy the morning breeze & fresh air. Very private & definitely free from pollution.

• Related to: Road Trip
  • Written May 8, 2006

• yuet29 profile photo yuet29
  • Reviews: 617

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Different accomodations..

There are a few kinds of accomodation in Baling Hotspring.. if you are going on weekend, remember to book the room beforehand else will have difficulty to find a pleasant accomodation.

For us because we didnt book in advanced, when we reached there, only this 'underground room' left. What we mean underground room is a room below the restaurant, with weird smell and besides bushes and river.. . no clean water available.. the toilet is long not being used and mossy everywhere..

No choice. One double bed sleep 4 girls with 3 guys on the floor..

Luckily we are not that demanding for sleep.. so even disgusting but still we can stand it! .. hehe

• Opinion of Price: about average