Lot 1698, Pantai Tengah Mukim Kedawang, Pulau Langkawi, Kedah, 07000, Malaysia

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Not recomended

I would not recomend this place to anyone. The room itself was ok, but the bathroom was kinda primitive. - No running hot water, an electric heater thing in the shower that let through only a dribble at a time it took ages to have a shower, I totally ignored trying to shave. There are no Lifts either which can be a bummer when trying to manage luggage. No in room safe (which is included in many online adverts).

However the resort is right next to Holliday Villa and you have the run of the facilities there, (pools, bars etc) The beach however is fantastic.

Unique Quality: Wonderful beach and restaurant across the road (see restaurant tips)

More about Federal Villa Beach Resort

New freinds

by meshi

New freinds in the strangest of places turn up.
I don't think I will be in contact with these two guys again but in there way they helped me out and where freinds,the first guy (chinese James bond) picked me off the side of the road in the middle of the day in 37 degree heat, he worked at the Boat Resturant in Tengah .I don't remember his name but we both went for local hawker food (malay style) then a drive to check out the Rich people's hotel foyers in Cenang, then I was asked if i would like to go to Marina Island to pick up two tourist on his boat (silly me I went) . But sometimes you know when people just go out of their way for a tourist (gut feeling).
The second guy Aimee is a local on Tengah beach outside The Federal Villa the 1st guy (James Bond), he worked there also as a boat capitan for Aimee. Aimee hassled me everyday to get a tan, to do water sports or island hopping.
He seemed like a good natured guy and on my last day I asked if I could take his photo he agreed.I mention that I was going for dinner across the road, later Aimee popped into the cactus cafe for 10 minutes he gave the waiter 5 rinjit for a Beer (at my comand).
The locals are really giving people and Aimee was my first freind made at Langkawi within the first 2 hours of being there.
If you see Aimee tell him 'The Australian' sent you (white chick who sat on beach under the trees) and the crocodile hunter is still alive...

Comments