My Hotel

The Datai Bay, LangkawiThe Datai Bay, Langkawi

Laksa PowerLaksa Power

Visiting Langkawi In first week of july

by icecity

we are going to spend our honey in malaysia we have a direct flight from our country to kulalumpur by malaysian airlines then after two hours to stay at airport we have flight to langkawi so we need help about how to rent a car from airport and what the rates can we drive in our country`s driving license or we need international drivers license and for the hotel we have book
Hotel Seaview Langkawi is this a good hotel is any body stay at this hotel how about its location n all & i like to know some good Sea food restaurants in langkawi and what other things and attractions to do in langkawi as we have 3 nights and 4days time
thanks

by Stepwalk

It is quite easy to rent a car in Langkawi and the rates vary from US$20 per day upwards. Sometimes you will be asked for an international licence and other times you can show your country's licence only. The Hotel Seaview is not generally held in high regard and in my view the location in Kuah Town is not as good as at Pantai Cenang or Pantai Tengah unless you wnated to do a lot of shopping. You should do the Island Hopping fast boat trip which includes the Island of the Pregnant Maiden, eagle feeding, snorkelling, etc: its great value for 4 hours. A trip up the cable car is also good. Certainly try the local cafes and restaurants at Pantai Cenang which start just on the street outside the Casa Del Mar hotel. There are many hotels of various standards at Pantai Cenang which are directly on the beach and are better value in my opinion than Hotel Seaview.

by Stepwalk

I forgot to mention that Orchid Ria is a great seafood restaurant in Pantai Cenang but a touch more expensive than the other local restaurants there. Take a look at http://bit.ly/bWHbcS.

by hcosgrave

Be very carefull of the many car hire places in all of the resorts on Langkawi. I hired a car in Pantai Chenang last November. Most places assured me that they included full insurance cover in the price. However, when questioned closely they admitted that only damage to the hire car was covered. In other words if you make a mistake and cause damage or injury to any person or thing you will be personally liable for damages to them. In the case of personal injury this could be ruinous.
I insisted on full insurance cover and paid the extra premium (as I recall about RM7- per day) which gave me third party cover. Even then the car hire company "forgot" to include the additional insurance receipt when giving me the car hire papers and I had to go back next day to insist on getting it. Curiously when I walked in to the shop next day the lady immediately said she had forgotten it and meant to send it to my hotel "later"!
We found driving on Lankowi a delight with no traffic to speak of and everywhere within easy reach.

Hope this helps,
Hugh

Travel Tips for Pulau Langkawi

WILDLIFE ON LANGKAWI

by balhannah

A good way to see the wildlife we found, was to do a boat trip on on the river. Here we saw the wild Eagles, [heaps of them],Bats, Lace Moniters in the water and on river side branches, and plenty of Monkeys.

Hot Weather

by fengshui

Remember to bring hats! The sun is very hot! I find that the medicated talcum that i brought along very useful for my kids.
1) I think it help a little, sort of like a insect repellant
2) It will ease any irritation from heat or sweat
And moisturiser and body lotion. Batteries are quite expensive.
The prices diffierent in different location. Do compare at least 2 shops b4 u buy.
We found out the batteries cost more from the shop beside the cable car, while in a different shop further away they were cheaper! Both shops are located in the same area - Oriental Village.

Tanjung Rhu Beach

by yipsufen

One of Langkawi's best beaches is Tanjung Rhu which is located 22km from Kuah town. A scenic area with limestone outcrops.

On the way to the beach, you can see a stretch of road with monkeys roaming freely and some tourist or photography enthusiasts even stopped by to snapped some photos of the monkeys.

I like the serenity & cleanliness of this beach. Wave is gentle for swimming. A good spot to view sunset too with limestone outcrops as backdrop.

Mangrove Swamp Canoe Adventure 2

by moomoos

We're all ready to go! Hats - checked! Sunblock - checked! Sunnies - checked! Water bottle - checked! Oars - checked! Hehe This is it! This is the mangrove swamp in the northern side of Langkawi. It was tiring but definitely worth all the exertion. You think I will develope fantastic biceps after 5 hours of oaring on this canoe? Hmmm... On the way we managed to see the feeding of the eagles. Wicked!

Duty Free Alcohol

by CaiBingyu about Langkawi Fair Shopping Mall

OK on the first level of this shopping mall, head to the back across the atrium and you will find a shop selling purely alcohol and cigerettes. It is i believe the cheapest alcohol you can purchase anywhere on earth. The collection is so huge. Anyway there are other shops throughout langkawi that sells alcohol as well but non beats the variety and price of this store. Do check it out but drink with care please. If you drink dont drive. I bought these miniture bottles of Absolut Volka. They dont have the complete set of all the favours though, but it's RM8 per bottle so why not? RM8 for a small miniture bottle of Absolut Volka, RM10 for Jack Daniel's.

Comments