Rebak Marina Resort

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Rebak Marina Resort

Heaven on Earth

by shradhs about Rebak Island Resort, Langkawi

Hi, i am just back from my holiday in Malaysia and i spent some unforgettable days in Rebak Island Resort, Langkawi .This recently revamped resort which is now managed and operated by,as i was told, The Taj Group is undoubtedly Heaven on Earth.I would recommend all those who are planning to spend some quiet moments with their loved ones,away from the bustle of city life to head there,and if you are planning to go to this resort i would advice you'll to go there by September,so that you'll can avail of their special introductory price,just like i did.Believe me, it makes a lot of difference.
I have come back with memories that i will cherish for a lifetime.The hospitality and the service of the staff there is unbilevable.They have this warmth in them, that makes you feel at home.For Foodies this is the place to be.You can enjoy cuisines of all types under one roof at the Rebak Island Resort's restaurants :Senari and Boardwalk. Their SY69 lounge provides a breathtaking view of the Marina and the yachts and here you will find a wide range of beverages including special and international cocktails.
Rebak Island Resort offers an exotic balance between diversity, activity, and exclusivity. Glorious sunshine, deep azure water, romantic caves, tucked away corners along the beach and breathtaking flora weave enchanting memories.Only when you go to this beautiful resort, will you agree to what i am saying. The Rebak Island Resort is indeed unique and this makes you feel "special".
Recreation options at the hotel range from exhilarating to exciting. You can choose to lie lazy in the swimming pool, play golf on the 9 hole mini golf course, go kayaking or mountain biking, be part of a nature trail, play beach volleyball or tennis or just take a shot at the pool table. Also on offer for the culinary buffs are Malaysian cuisine demonstrations that can be arranged on special requests. Water sport activities such as parasailing, jet skiing and banana boat rides could also be arranged at the main island on request. What’s more, their Resident Naturalist also take guests on Mangrove discover tours! If you are a nature lover and adventorous at heart, you can opt for the sunset cruises, deep sea fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving, or better still in private boat trips, caves explorations, Langkawi Island tours or even Island hopping

Heaven on Earth

by shradha about Rebak Island Resort, Langkawi

Hi, I am just back from my holiday in Malaysia and I spent some unforgettable days in Rebak Island Resort, Langkawi .This recently revamped resort which is now managed and operated by, as I was told, The Taj Group is undoubtedly Heaven on Earth. I would recommend all those who are planning to spend some quiet moments with their loved ones, away from the bustle of city life to head there, and if you are planning to go to this resort I would advice you'll to go there by September, so that you'll can avail of their special introductory price, just like I did. Believe me; it makes a lot of difference.
I have come back with memories that I will cherish for a lifetime. The hospitality and the service of the staff there is unbilevable.They have this warmth in them, which makes you feel at home. For Foodies this is the place to be. You can enjoy cuisines of all types under one roof at the Rebak Island Resort's restaurants: Senari and Boardwalk. Their SY69 lounge provides a breathtaking view of the Marina and the yachts and here you will find a wide range of beverages including special and international cocktails.
Rebak Island Resort offers an exotic balance between diversity, activity, and exclusivity. Only when you go to this beautiful resort, will you agree to what I am saying. The Rebak Island Resort is indeed unique and this makes you feel "special".
Recreation options at the hotel range from exhilarating to exciting. You can choose to lie lazy in the swimming pool, play golf on the 9 hole mini golf course, go kayaking or mountain biking, be part of a nature trail, play beach volleyball or tennis or just take a shot at the pool table. Also on offer for the culinary buffs are Malaysian cuisine demonstrations that can be arranged on special requests. Water sport activities such as parasailing, jet skiing and banana boat rides could also be arranged at the main island on request. What’s more, their Resident Naturalist also take guests on Mangrove discover tours! If you are a nature lover and adventurous at heart, you can opt for the sunset cruises, deep sea fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving, or better still in private boat trips, caves explorations, Langkawi Island tours or even Island hopping.

Far away @ Rebak Marina Resort

by TripAdvisor Member C_Dutch

During our trip in Malaysia we needed a last resort at Langkawi from 26th to 29th of December 2008. We searched for a place to stay during our stay at Renaissance in Kuala Lumpur. The Rebak hotel was still available for our time period and we decided to book it.

If you're looking for a quiet getaway this is a good place to unwind, relax, swim and read. We had a room with sea view which was really nice. Comfortable bed, huge bath room and nice cosy balcony. The turn down service at night was so sweet and made your room (and even clothes and slippers) ready for the night.

There's not much choice for diner though, and the ferry to the main island of Langkawi stops with service a 7 at night so your 'stuck' on the island. I had the plan to spend the day there, and go out to grab something to eat on the main island. But that wasn't possible. The pool isn't big but is still ok for a quick dip to cool down. The beach wasn't the best I've ever been (waste coming in with the tide).

Our first diner was at Boardwalk, near the marina. A good place if you want a simple but tasteful meal and blend in with the yachtsmen. Don't expect anything luxurious!

Memorable Family Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Prashant50480

We were at langkawi 2 weeks ago (7-10th January2009) and must say what a right decision we made to stay at Taj Rebak Island Resort !!

Initially we were also sceptical about this Hotel on reading reviews / comments posted by some travellers on this website.

We would say, if you are looking for a quality time to spend with family & friends, then there is no better place than TAJ REBAK ISLAND RESORT at Langkawi.

With whole island of its own , private beach / marina ... the place is just 10-12 mins boat ride away from main land. You can do many activities starting early morning with jogging/walking followed by swimming. playing tennis , beach volley ball or cycling, table tennis etc with in between dose of food and drinks. ( Being indian, we thoroughly enjoyed the DESI KHANA).

We were at Langkawi for total 4 days and when we started for our vacation, we were planning to go out everyday to see various attractions on main land. However it turned out so that we spent most time on this island relaxing and finishing off visit to main attractions in a day !

You are bound to fall in love with the place on reaching there. Staff is very courteous and make every effort to satisfy the needs expressed.

We would certainly love to visit this place once again ...may be with family & friends.

Regards

Prashant & Seema

Just try to book a stay - don't bother

by TripAdvisor Member purgatorypugh

So I looked at the website and the entrance to the yacht basin and hotel looked more like the entrance to "Devil Island Penal Colony" I checked out Tripadvisor, sewage on the beach, poor food, ill trained staff, ineffective management etc etc etc.
But then I thought, but this is a Taj Hotel and they are the best or
at least I thought so. I went back to the Rebak Island Resort site
and they were doing some really good 3 night deals with very good rates and incentives and decided to book a Delux Room
for March 2009.
NOW THINGS GO WRONG AND NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
AT LEAST SOME OF THE COMMENTS MADE ON TRIPADVISOR
ARE JUSTIFIED, POOR MANAGEMENT AND THE KNOCK ON RESULTS STEM FROM THE TOP.
I tried to book using the Central Booking system I was directed to,
sorry system down, will respond within 24 hours, nothing else was heard.
I e-mailed the Hotel directly, no reply.
I faxed the CEO and C/Ex, no reply
I sent a reminder fax to the CEO and C/EX, no reply
I e-mailed the Taj Group PR representaive in the UK, no reply
Clearly customers are of little priority or consequence to the Taj
management, even in these trying financial times.
SO IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT TRYING TO BOOK A STAY IN
A TAJ GROUP HOTEL, THEN DO NOT BOTHER, THERE ARE OTHER FISH IN THE POND THAT ARE JUST AS GOOD AND
WHO VALUE YOUR BUSINESS.

If only

by TripAdvisor Member Inscribe

If you want somewhere quiet to chill out, Rebak Island Resort, Langkawi, Malaysia is probably one of the best places. The resort specialises in privacy for its guests and the location is superb. The Resort can arrange for you to be picked up at Langkawi International Airport on arrival and taken to the island by the resort's private boat.

Reception is personalised and you are made to feel welcome by Ridzuan the Duty Manager who is exceptionally good at guest PR and who welcomes each guest individually by name.

Reception informed us that they also book trips to the island of Langkawi for the resort's guests. Our experience of this was not good as they failed to link with the transport on Langkawi and we lost almost an hour as the duty manager sorted the matter out.

Rebak has a safe sandy beach a mere few footsteps from your room and two swimming pools located close to the bar and restaurant.

The rooms are spacious and immacul;ately maintained by a dedicated staff. However the pillows are a challenge and seem stuffed with the ducks instead of the feathers. The towels were abraisive and apparently laundered without fabric softener. Room service is exceptionally slow even in off-peak times.

The food in the restaurant was bland and over-priced for the type and standard produced. For example a veggie burger consisted of a slab of mashed fried potato between two baps without anything else included.

We asked reception for a one hour extension on our check-out time but the person on duty was unable to make a decision and told us that she told us that she would have to consult with the General Manager. In other words "no".

By and large the staff were friendly and the resort lived up to it's desire to afford privacy to guests.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member skytrack

We stayed at the Taj Rebak Island Resort for 03 nights from 17 to 20 Nov. We had taken their island holiday package.
Now I had been to his place earlier last year for 1 night on a recce visit ( m from the travel trade) and had found it to be good dring the time. However, after goin through the various reviews posted before we left I was a wee bit worried.
But as it turns out, all our worries were unfounded.

We had someone from the hotel waiting for us at the airport. This resort is located on a private Rebak Island, about 10 minutes speed boat ride from the langkawi jetty.
This jetty is 5 mins drive from the airport. We were given the customary welcome drinks and hot towels upon arrival.The checkin procedure took less than 5 minutes, and we were whisked off by golf cart to our room.

We had booked a delux sea view room. Overlooking the sea with direct access to the beach from our room.
It was serviced twice daily without fail.
The hotel sent us a complimentary honeymoon cake and provided for flower arrangements in the bedroom and bathroom. It was superb.

We had most of the meals in the resort itself, and could not fault the service, amenities, or anything else.
They have very limited options when it comes to dining, but it was fine for us. The bar minum minum was well stocked.

They have a small reading room which is virtually sound proof and is well stocked with books and magazines.
Our room had a huge LCD tv with dvd player and the resort had a decent collection of dvds we could borrow, no charge.

There are boats that leave hourly to and from the resort to the main island, and if you want to do some sightseein the resort books you a cab , at reasonable rates.
They have kayaks they let you use, and have the usual indoor games like table tennis, darts, pool etc.

The beach is not too big, but it was clean and the water was allright. The pool was pretty decent too, with plenty of loungers to use. The resort has a spa with decent services.

If you are looking for a quiet getaway, and want a relaxing holiday away from the hustle and bustle, yet not too far away from the main island, this resort is for you.

This place is a discrace!

by TripAdvisor Member Adski989

We arrived at Rebak on Chinese new year, it was the only place that had a room, it is on its own island with quite nice views, and the staff are friendly but totally useless! The restaurant is so disorganised, rooms tired and all this for over 200 GBP a night. The worst thing was we decided to return for two days due to being stuck for a place to stay again, on our arrival the place was like a building site, the pool was closed dust everywhere, jack hammers drilling, and i managed to find out all this work was for a wedding that some millionaire was having at the resort, not for pool maintenance as the manager LIED about, we checked out immediately and managed to go to the Westin ( fantastic place! ). I would avoid this place like the plague, it is really that terrible!

Un-TAJ

by TripAdvisor Member LadyL09

I thought this property will have the 'WOW' factor when its taken over by the TAJ Group. Probably TAJ have to invest more for uplifting and refurbishments of this resort so that is has consistency with its other properties. It lacks life & vibrant!

The swimming pool is small and boring. Room is generously spacious but not well-maintained. The timber flooring is dull not polished and the window panel is dusty. Houskeeping needs to do more works.

The beach looks uninviting probably bcoz of its shallow water and dull sands but plenty of shade for picnics. The resort should think of complimentary land & water sports activities for their in-house guests.

PLUS POINTS! Great Location- The only resort in a private island secluded with rainforests bringing you closer to nature. Convenient- Jetty is only 5mins from airport & 15mins boat ride to island. Cuisine- Such a good chefs they have for wide array of cuisines. Staff- Friendly but need more trained.

Anyone need a room Dec 28?

by TripAdvisor Member bluerose_10

I booked a room online for 3 nights coming up in Dec. I realized an hour later I needed the hotel for only 2 nights and promptly contacted the property. They never responded so I called again and they said because of the cancellation policy, I could not change my reservation to a 2 night stay instead of 3. What a load of bull. A hotel that has no understanding is not high on my list of recommendations to others, or for future stays. They've upset my holiday before I've even left.

Langkawi trip at lowest budget

by Png

Hi all! I wish to travel to Langkawi in the month of Jan and I wonder what will be the weather like. Anyone kind to tell me?
I am planning to stay in Rebak Marina Resort. Does anyone has any comments on the resort?
Btw, any idea on how to plan a lowest rate trip to langkawi?
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions....

Re: Langkawi trip at lowest budget

by bkoon

For a real budget trip to Langkawi, you can go their overland instead of flying there. I remembered I took a passenger ferry from Penang island to Langkawi. I travelled by coach from Singapore to Penang (of course stopping by Penang for a few days before moving on). I booked my accommodation only when I reached as there were a lot of counters selling accommodation and I shopped for the cheapest and most-value-for-money. Don't be afarid to bargain. Food wise, eat normally instead of having nice seafood.

Re: Re: Langkawi trip at lowest budget

by Png

Thank you so much for your suggestions bkoon...But coincidentally my trip to langkawi is organised on a public holiday and I wonder would it be in time for me to book a hotel only when I reach there.
Anyhow, thanks so much :)

Re: Langkawi trip at lowest budget

by bpacker

About the weather, it should be fine. Jan is the dry season. Planning a lowest rate trip there? Hmm, avoid some touristy museums and see what nature has to offer there -> Beautiful beaches, sunsets and waterfalls. No admission fees for those things.

Have gd trip there,