Total Packing Tips
As Langkawi is a duty free island, you may want to bring extra bags with you because by bringing just a bag, you may ended to bring home another 1 or 2 bags. If you do not want to carry extra bag during your arrival, you may buy bags in Langkawi as bag is also a cheap item in Langkawi.
For a backpacker, bring a big backpack to accomodates souvenirs or duty free items to bring home. 1) Shorts
2) Sandal or Slippers
3) Bikini or swimming trunk for swimming or sunbathing
5) Adventured Boots or Hiking Shoes
6) Goggles for swimming
8) Jeans or Khakis
9) Hat / Cap to protect from rain or sunlight
10) A lightweight waterproof windbreaker 1) Mosquito Repellent (in case there are mosquitos)
2) Paracetamol / Aspirin (heat can cause headache or to reduce pain)
3) Sunblock or tanning cream Bring your most biggest memory card for your digital camera as Langkawi do offers lots of beautiful scenery and view to be recorded.
Pantai Tengkorak is the only beach worth such name in Langkawi - waterwise. The water is actually clear and with a blue-turquoise colour. The beach itself is small but lovely. What sets this place apart, water quality aside, is that it is largely tourist-free. The beach is visited almost only by local families - and it is a very friendly place.
There's nothing there, except the beach: no bar, no restaurat... just a toilet. On Christmas Day there was a woman selling some water and some fruits, but I don't believe she goes there very day, when everyone is at work. A swimsuit. Because local people bathe fully dressed, maybe it's not such a bad idea to swim in a t-shirt.
The cats of Langkawi are small -sized (comparable to Singapore's drain cat ) and extremely sociable. Most so, if you have a tasty morsel for them! This cute kitty was found at the Beach Garden Resort where I was staying.
Bpacker's Langkawi Page
Cost of Perfume
High end fragrances such as Dior and Chanel are the best buy on Langkawi.Not the greatest variety ever but staples such as above are always available. If you are after an obscure fragrance,try buying in KL before you reach Langkawi 100ml Eau de Toilette of either Allure,Coco or Number 5 = $100 AUD which is about 80 dollars less than back home