Tanjung Sanctuary Hotel

Jalan Pantai Kok, P.O. Box 199, Pulau Langkawi, Kedah, 07000, Malaysia

More about Tanjung Sanctuary Hotel

Pantai Cenang main streetPantai Cenang main street

a rice farm in laman padia rice farm in laman padi

Langkawi coral in Palau PayarLangkawi coral in Palau Payar

another view of the walking platform...another view of the walking platform...

Tanjung Sanctuary

by aisadaft

Has anyone stayed at the Tanjung Sanctuary,if so is it of a good standard and is there much around.Just planning a three day stay in january then moving down to the holiday villa for six nights

how safe it is to stay in Tanjung Sanctuary in Langkawi

by soniamig

i am going for my honeymoon to langakwi on 20th jan
in Tanjung Sanctuary , please can any one help me in
telling how safe it is to stay there and wether any more effects wil be there at that time?
also what kind of weather will be there in mid of january?
thanks
s

by baldryk

I guess from others that it's all safe in Langkawi.

But good choice with Tanjung Sanctuary. We were there in September and had an excellent time. If you want bars, people, shops or ISDL, then wrong choice. It's quiet and you feel completely surrounded by either jungle or sea. Giant lizards, monkeys, and toucans all around. The rooms are enormous. We had two adjoining (one chalet) with the kids and it was about as big as our house back home. Pool is a bit small if crowded, but we had it to ourself for most of the week.

by DAVEWILKINSON

Very safe and completely unaffected. I returned from the island yesterday where the weather is perfect and the all is back to normal.

My wife and I honeymooned inLangkawi 2 years ago and returned this Christmas.

If you want a romantic dinner try the Sun Village restaurant in Pantai Tengga and definately a boat trip on a boat called Stardust. We charted the boat on our original trip and joined one of the join in trips this christmas. Both times it was fantastic.

by SoupTwin

My wife and I arrived on the evening of Dec 26th and stayed until 31 Dec. I can assure you there was no damage that we saw from the tsunami, and if there was it was completely cleaned up by the morning of the 27th. We felt completely safe during our stay, so please don't worry and enjoy the solitude and relaxation of the resort.

Recommendation For A Beachfront Resort?

by lkonorhc

Hey!
I'm from Singapore and in the midst of planning for a class trip to Langkawi with approximately 15-20 others (We're college students). Would definitely appreciate it if anyone could help us in our planning with the following information:

1) Any recommendations for resorts/hotels situated on or near a beach? Yup, I've heard about jellyfish/stingray warnings, so I guess we'd like a _gorgeous_ beach where the sea's alright to wade/swim in (without the aforementioned 'dangers' ), and suitably large for beach sports (such as beach volleyball etc.)

2) Not sure if the following resorts fit the bill for 1), but it'd be smashing if anyone could provide a brief lowdown on these hotels' suitability as in 1).

a) Mutiara Burau Bay Resort
b) Tanjung Sanctuary Langkawi
c) Berjaya Langkawi Beach and Spa Resort
d) Langkawi Village Resort

Other recommendations would be welcome, with price range not more than USD 80 per night. Also, the beach would optimally be the most important factor.

Awaiting your replies.

Thanks a lot in advance!

by travelji

Hi,

Mutiara Burau Bay's smashing. Not much of a swimmer though, so can't tell ya much on the jellyfish warning. It's quite secluded and I gues it won't cost ya more than USD80.

The beach is gorgeous and it is apparently a favourite amongst longstaying foreigners, so I reckon it may be quite safe from the warning's that you heard.

May be a good idea to contact them, pretty decent people. Suggest you visit their website, www.mutiarahotels.com

Hope the above helps

by kimij

hi
Mutiara and berjaya are in the same bay,and its a pretty decent beach in August there were no stingers there,but I believe it is the case at some time of the year.The Mutiara is nice but pretty small and a very small pool. The Berjaya is a huge property set in the rainforest and hill,it has good watersports and a large pool but your chalets may be quite remote!! don't know about the other hotels though the beach at Tanjung Rhu (manmade) is spectacular!! I think the main problem is what you want in terms of nightlife because those hotels I know are pretty remote and little nightlife other than within the hotel will you find ...still enjoy Langkawi

by alwonder

Hi,
Need help while travel to langkawi?
Any confident to try our services for travel arrangement to make your holiday worthwhile and cost effective?
Me and my girlfriend(singaporean) will like to help..
email : alwonder@yahoo.com

Travel Tips for Pulau Langkawi

Kuah Night Market

by batgirl1001

Kuah has night markets twice a week on Wednesday and Saturday nights. The market is not big but it has a lot of atmosphere. On sale are everyday household items and food, food, food. It seems that people can't seem to get enough of the food and by all account it is cheap, hot and delicious. The Malaysian satay can be found here at 30 cents a stick and it is a steal.

Kuah is about 40kms from Pantain Cenang and you can either choose to drive there or get hired transport like a taxi. There are plenty of waiting taxis near the night market in Kuah so there are no worries about getting a ride back home.

The market is situated across from the river which is accessible from a bridge. It starts as early as 6pm into the late night and it is well-worth a visit to catch a traditional slice of the Malaysian life and sample the food.

Mosquito Repellent + anti-itchiness cream/gel +...

by backpackerbaby

a backpack will be fine - swim suits + sandals for beaches
- shorts + T-shirts + hiking shoes/sandals for hiking - mosquito repellent + anti-itchiness gel/cream
- anti-allegy pills (to stop itchiness after bites)
- sunscreen + tanning oil + after sun cream/gel - lots of memory cards (can't find here) for dig. cam.
- films can be bought here, prices = acceptable. - a big towel for drying
- a small wet towel for covering the face when sun-bathing - protection against mosquitoes is a must!!! I was bit terribly.. so itchy all the time!
- bring a big bottle of water with you all the time, the heat is too powerful!

Hiding place

by Flipboy

Walking through the woods for a while, we can upon a small clearing where it seems some person was living. The structure on the right, we weren't able to figure out, looks like it might be for shelter when it rains?

Malaysia Book Village

by kyoub

The one place that we went and didn't get a picture of was the Kampung Buku Malaysia. It is the first and only book village in South East Asia. It sits in among a lush green forest of trees at the foot of Gunung Raya, the highest peak on the island.
The various houses in the village are stocked with a great variety of new books on numerous topics and languages as well as second-handbooks. Most are written in the Malaysian language but we did find a few in English.

World of Perfumes

by Arfah about RFA Centre

It's a perfumes shop. You can find almost all brands of perfumes here. I wouldn't really say they're so cheap...but I noticed most of the perfumes are sold at RM30 less than the usual price...so I guess it's quite worth it to buy perfumes here. For example 50 ml J'dore eu d parfum is sold at RM210...other places... it's like RM240...so there's some discount there...though not much...still worth it.

Comments