Jalan Pantai Cenang, Kedah, 07000, Malaysia
Orbitz.com Booking.com Splendia.com

More about Pulau Langkawi

Nasi PattayaNasi Pattaya

seashells on  pantai cenang beachseashells on pantai cenang beach

Langkawi SkybridgeLangkawi Skybridge

the international fashion zone...the international fashion zone...

Reputable Car Rentals

by ZeroNiner

Will be visiting Langkawi next weekend with wife & daughter. Having read some of the tips, could someone kindly list the car rental companies that are reputable/legit? A link to their website (if any) would also be appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: Reputable Car Rentals

by haley254

hi,
I am new for tour area so can you tell me where are the Langkawi.

Re: Reputable Car Rentals

by hcosgrave

Be very carefull of the many car hire places in all of the resorts on Lankowi. I hired a car in Pantai Chenang last November. Most places assured me that they included full insurance cover in the price. However, when questioned closely they admitted that only damage to the hire car was covered. In other words if you make a mistake and cause damage or injury to any person or thing you will be personally liable for damages to them. In the case of personal injury this could be ruinous.
I insisted on full insurance cover and paid the extra premium (as I recall about RM7- per day) which gave me third party cover. Even then the car hire company "forgot" to include the additional insurance receipt when giving me the car hire papers and I had to go back next day to insist on getting it. Curiously when I walked in to the shop next day the lady immediately said she had forgotten it and meant to send it to my hotel "later"!
We found driving on Lankowi a delight with no traffic to speak of and everywhere within easy reach.

Hope this helps,
Hugh

Travel Tips for Pulau Langkawi

'Pantai Pasir Tengkorak'

by edachsund

The beaches of Langkawi are clearly the favourite attraction of the many visitors to the island. Pantai Cenang (where I was chill out during night time) is a short 2 km stretch of white sandy beaches Other idyllic beaches are found at Pantai Kok, Pantai Tengah, Datai and Burau Bay.

And I was looking for Pantai Pasir Tengkorak? Well, I have been wandering around to look for a interesting place in the Island. I would suggest you to rent a car that would be much esier.

The picture taken in Pantai Pasir Tengkorak itself with my friend Jo.

PUBLIC HOLIDAYS

by Tattugran

It always help to know when you go to a different country when the public holidays are as it can effect your plans .I have listed the ones I knwo of for Langkawi here. Hope it helps
Jan 01 - New Year's Day
Jan 08 & 09 - Hari Raya Puasa
Feb 05 & 06 - Chinese New Year
Feb 01 - Federal Territory Day (Kuala Lumpur and Labuan only)
Mar 16 - Hari Raya Haji
Apr 06 - Awal Muharram
May 01 - Workers' Day
May 18 - Wesak Day
Jun 03 - Birthday of Sri Paduka Baginda Yang di Pertuan Agong
Jul 15 - Birthday of Prophet Muhammad SAW
Aug 31 - National Day
Oct 28 - Deepavali (except in Sarawak and Labuan)
Dec 25 - Christmas
Dec 27 & 28 - Hari Raya Puasa

NB: NOT ALL THESE HOLIDAYS FALL ON THE SAME DATE EVERY YEAR.

pantai kok

by call_me_rhia

Pantai Kok is a long beach about 25 kilometres from Kuah town. Most of it is lined with resorts,
at least until you reach the Telaga Harbour Park... then as you head towards Burau bay it becomes unspoilt and turns into the place where locals go for a dip or a picnic. You may even see some fishermen's boats when the tide is low.

Pantain Kok is made of white sand and swaying palms - in other words beautiful to see BUT... the water quality is quite poor. It's great for walks, not for swimming, especially near Burau Bay, where the beach is nearly deserted. As for snorkeling: forget about it. You just need a swimsuit - nothing else.

Temurun Waterfalls

by Imbi

It is one of the waterfalls which are really famous in Langkawi. It is surrounded by bushes and the surrounding area is very humid. The water from waterfalls gather in a small area but sufficient for a quick dip.

LOTS OF SMELLY DELIGHTS

by Tattugran about AVON SHOP

I could not believe my eyes when we were driving down the main street of Kuah and came across a sign that said "AVON" so I got Verne to park the car and we went and had a look.Would you believe ladies that it was an actualy shop where you can buy avon products....you know .makeup .lovely shower gels ect. I felt liek I was in heaven as I really like there shower gels.... Anything duty free the price varies with each product

Comments