Pacific Inn

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Melaka

Big hotel investments going on in Kuala LumpurBig hotel investments going on in Kuala Lumpur

Jonkers Street, MelakaJonkers Street, Melaka

View From Tower - Eye On MalaysiaView From Tower - Eye On Malaysia

Pall bearersPall bearers

Online Hotel Booking

Hi there,

Anyone booked hotel from Holiday City or Asia Web Direct (AWD)? Are they good & reliable?

by mansionion

Hi!

I used AWD before on few occasions. It's quite reliable initially but for my last booking with them, I faced problem when the hotel was fully booked when I was to check in - its during peak season and both hotel & AWD were blaming each other for the mixed up. I was offered an alternative hotel by AWD but it was declined by me since I managed to get an alternative hotel on my own.

-m-

by TLCTLC

Oh dear! I just booked with AWD for Aldy hotel as they are the only website that has instant confirmation. The other websites only have "On Request".

I guess I can only pray hard now.

by nada1712

I find Booking.com excellent. You get instant confirmation and you don't pay ( only give your CC number) until you leave the accomodation. For no show you are charged for one night. They have a wide range of countries and hotels

by mansionion

I hope there will not be any problem with the Aldy hotel booking you made, all the best to you. Keep us posted on the outcome once you back from your holiday.

-m-

by TLCTLC

Sorry for the late review. AWD was good, no mess up of my booking :)

Aldy hotel was okay, service was good and I love the western breakfast too. The noise from the bar downstairs was not loud at all but I was woken by the chirping of the birds at 4/5am in the morning which really drove me crazy!

Travel Tips for Melaka

Porta de Santiago (A'Formosa)

by yatingchen

The gate was at first built by Portuguese in 1511, but then heavily damaged by British invasion in 1641. Since 1808 the gate has kept its original looking.

The material of walls are mainly shells and turtles' eggs.

feeling a little nostalgic about Malaysia

by cochinjew

Eventhough I have been in Asia quite recently (just five weeks ago) and would be back there soon (in about six weeks), this morning I woke up with a sudden nostalgia for Malaysia.
I am sitting in a village in a rather desolate place in the USA, the first snow had fallen, and as is the custom, one says prayers for the first snow. Then I thought of myself walking along the streets of Malaysia, greeting newly made friends and savouring the flavours wafting through.

never mind, will make it a point to be in Malaysia in the latter part of January 2007.. once again for a good nyonya food, some nice conversations and the ambience.

Perhaps the nostalgia was brought on by a sympathetic article on the november 5, 2006 issue of New York Times Travel Section. The enclosed photos are from the article.

Temple

by Willettsworld

I don't know the name of this temple but it's close to the Wah Teck Kiong Temple, just down the little road that ran between where I stayed at called the Tang House and the Old Nanyang bar off Jalan Tokong in Chinatown.

Unique T-shirt

by ngcsc about Orang Utan House

If you would like to buy a souvenir T-shirt, but you never like those written a big big "Melaka" word in front, this is the shop you should visit.

Orang Utan is one of the pioneer art shops in Melaka. For a long time, It has been become a landmark or branded name in Melaka.

There are different great designs for T-shirt, don't miss the humor of Charles Cham (The artist of Orang Utan) T-Shirts, Art works RM30 for one T-shirt
Price Vary for different artpieces

Jonker Walk at Night

by Audrey118

This is along the jonj\ker street which in the night becomes a night market. We especially enjoy this becos it is such a leisurely walk. Soemtimes it gets a bit corwded with Singaporean tourist on the weekends but if you are here the week after the peak period such as the week after shcool starts, or week after a public holidays it is less crowded. You get to buy lots of nick nacks, some home made, some you wonder where they dug out from their old store to sell!!! Some homemade cookies etc are seen available. I saw these clogs for sale - only 10 ringgit - and bought them for my nieces - just for fun!!! casual - even shorts is OK. you can have snacks from the streets.

Comments