The Emperor Hotel Malacca

Emperor Hotel Malacca
Agoda.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• cafank's Profile Photo

Great pool, great views....great place to stay

This hotel will not suit everyone but I really liked it. It is about a kilometre into town/China Town but I walked everywhere with no hassles. It was quiet and I loved the views of Melaka city and harbour out to the Straights. There are plenty of shops and eateries nearby.

It is a large hotel and for me the best thing was the LARGE pool where I would go every afternoon - and I was always by myself. The pool itself would be enough to keep the kids entertained.

There is a great bar, breakfast room and a lovely restaurant. I had quite a few meals here - mostly breakfast from the smorgasbord.

Safe deposit boxes are also available.

Unique Quality: The pool is great. Restaurant is also good.

The fact that the hotel is right opposite a food court is even better - lots of local food very cheap.

• faridah's Profile Photo

Not so Fit For the Emperor

I decide to go for this hotel because of the price. I usually choose to stay at a place longer and choose a 3 star hotel so I can cut cost on the hotel.

I would say the room is quite old. It is comfortably clean, not that spacious. We got to stay on 13th floor so we have a good view of Melaka as there are no tall buildings nearby. It is quite a distance from the town but therea re lots of shophouses nearby. There are lots of chinese food around.
    Pizza Hut nearby and an Indian restaurant Red Hot Curry.

Swimming pool is on an open 7th floor so the water is quite cold, need sometime getting use to it.

The staffs are friendly enough.

• mansionion's Profile Photo

No emperor ever stay here

Excerpt from VTer Faridah's email to me on her stay in The Emperor Hotel:

"The Emperor Hotel.. hmm.. its a bit old... the room a bit run down..the swimming pool a bit too cold.. its on the 7th floor.. But its clean.. Service good.. staffs are polite very helpful when we asked for directions.. The location .. I think its good.. its near to Pizza Hut and a car rental service but we have to walk some distance for muslim food, we are surrounded with chinese food. There is one indian restaurant.. bit on the fancy and expensive side.. but ok..not bad.."

Unique Quality: It's one of the tallest building in Melaka so you'll get a panoramic view of the historical city if you stay on the upper floors.

Directions: Close to the junction of Jalan Munshi Abdullah and Jalan Bendahara, within walking distance to Bukit Cina.

More about The Emperor Hotel Malacca

Grand Continental Vs The Emperor Hotel, Melaka

by Melanie_Putra

Hi All,
Between the Grand Continental Hotel (Jalan Tun Sri Lanang)and the Emperor Hotel (Jalan Munshi Abdullah).. Which would you recommend? The pricing are compatible. I will be driving but I still prefer to stay close to the old section of Melaka town since I always find the one way road system of Melaka pretty confusing. Also we are there for only one night so prefer to be close to 'happenings' sites. Which hotel has better location, better view, better looking room and facilities, better breakfast? Thanks!

Re: Grand Continental Vs The Emperor Hotel, Melaka

by nanibrosi

Both hotels are the same and they are pretty close to each other.Its just 20mins walking distance to most historical places.Regarding view and food,I think its nothing to talk about.You can try other option like Seri Costa which is of the same standard but very centralised

Re: Grand Continental Vs The Emperor Hotel, Melaka

by Piecesmalaysia

Yes, Seri Costa is more preferable or else Mahkota Parade or City Bayview will be very nice..it's at the central of all activities.

Breakfast at City Bayview itself is good.

Comments