Pulau Besar Hotels

Our Members Say

• micropiglet profile photo micropiglet
  • Reviews: 12

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Putera Island Resort: One to avoid!

We recently had a few spare days on a trip to Singapore and decided to try out this resort and island, because of convienience and the fact we could easily get there from Malacca.
It was a big mistake! The hotel, at first sight was quite luxourious (and wasn't cheap!)However, after 15 minutes, we realised that it was not much more than an out of date building site. The rooms were musty and straight out of the 1960's. They were big, but smelt like they hadn't been slept in for many years.
When it came to food, we made our way to the resturant area, to be informed by staff that we should walk into the village for food supplies!! They were unwilling to make food, preferring to play around on the Karaoke machine. There were a total of 6 guests whilst we were there, and I did not see one member of staff lift a finger to make anybody's stay in any way special. We dined on potato chips that night, and went to bed really early, only to be kept awake until 4am by the staff singing Karaoke so loud that it shook the windows.
The resort is huge, and falling apart. The pool had rusting furniture in it, including an old basketball hoop and stand, and everywhere things were falling into disrepair. The beach was very dirty, and filled with rubbish, glass and broken furniture.
I am quite tolerant normally, so please don't think I am a moaner! But this place is one of the worst I have stayed, in over 20 years of travelling around the world!!!!
Please avoid!!