Pulau Tioman Hotels

Our Members Say

• Icycanuck profile photo Icycanuck

Barbura resort: Tiomans Best kept secret

Me and my wife stayed here for 4 nights 5 days! This is a great place for tourists to stay at this resort they go the extra mile to make your stay a memorable one! If there is anything you want to do while in tioman they will accommodate you as much as possible and find the best deal they can for you! The resort was very clean every morning they would rake the beach in front of resort they show that even the smallest details are taken care of! They have a dive center right beside the resort as well for dive enthusiasts! You can also put on snorkel stuff and see many fish and some corals right out your door without having to book a boat it may not be as great as other spots on island but a great place for someone to learn to snorkel! all in all a great place!

The thing that jumps out for me while on our stay here was thy went above and beyond to make it a great stay! I am an avid fisherman and love going fishing most places were around 400 ringitt so we decided to ask at our resort! She was able to find us a person to take us for only half that price! The guide she found was very nice and had much knowledge to share about the island! And if that was not enough once back from fishing the restraint at the resort cooked up the fish for us in a few diff ways! They will accommodate you with anything you want and if for some reason they can not will point you in the right place!

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Jungle and Rain Forest, Family Travel
  • Written August 29, 2011

• wongwt profile photo wongwt

Happy Inn Resort: Genting Happy Inn - Exceeding expectations

If you are looking for a place to stay in Tioman, and do not know which to choose from the various resorts available on the island, try staying at Genting Happy Inn Resort.

The hosts are extremely polite and hospitable, and are willing to share a few tips on what to do on the island. Mingle around with them to learn more about the island, the locals and to soak in their carefree lifestyle!

Truly lovers of the sea and island, they are definitely not interested in cheating tourists of their money, thus their packages are definitely value for money!

At S$179 per pax, the package includes a SG-Mersing-Genting round trip, an all-day island tour with 2 snorkelling locations, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and 1 BBQ dinner! Enjoy the freshest seafood that were caught on the day itself!

The Happy Inn Resort has its own restaurant named Happy Inn Restaurant, which is the dining area for guests and offers a fabulous seaview. Sitting by the wooden balcony, enjoying the light seabreeze and eating your meals while the sun sets is definitely a memorable experience.

Needless to say, the food served were also very delicious and often more than what you can finish! Though there are less facilities such as pool and spa facilities, Happy Inn Resort has exceeded my expectations in terms of service and hospitality and is definitely a place to go for total rest and relaxation.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written August 5, 2010

View from Happy Inn Restaurant

• divecat1978 profile photo divecat1978
  • Reviews: 82

Persona Island Resort: Simple and nice

This place offers basic facilites in the room. Bed and washroom attached. Sleep well with air-condition.
Room rate is reasonable. Access to Ray's Dive Centre is in walking distance.
There are restaurant, convenient stores, duty free shops around it's neighbourhood.

Cleaniness - good. They did housekeeping every 2 days.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 12, 2009
Tip Photo

• muratkorman profile photo muratkorman
  • Reviews: 876

Sun Beach Resort: Budget option in Tioman

Sun Beach Resort is mainly for budget travellers coming to Tioman for scuba diving. Compared to other options in the island, you can definitely find better places than here. However, if you will spend most of your day out in the sea and just come back to sleep, this place provides a good choice. There are budget, standard and deluxe chalets to choose from. The food served is not satisfactory except the BBQ night.

Close to jetty, reasonable price

• Written June 29, 2009

• tigerjapan profile photo tigerjapan
  • Reviews: 538

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Salang Beach Resort: Basic Accommodation at Salang Beach

Cheap and very, very basic. We stayed for 2 nights in a double and were charged RM110 per night.

It's very basic. I suggest arriving at Salang and checking out all the other places on offer. You can often get a better deal. We made a booking here via the net, but we could have turned it down after arriving. It's at the far end of Salang beach and the main bars, restaurants and swimming area is at the opposite end of Salang beach.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written December 3, 2008

• tigerjapan profile photo tigerjapan
  • Reviews: 538

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Berjaya Tioman Beach, Golf & Spa Resort: Fancy a Spot of Golf?

It's not the best place on the island, but the service is good and the restaurants were quite good too.
The rooms are by no means luxurious, so take the cheapest one and ask to be near the beach. We stayed in a "deluxe chalet", but there was nothing deluxe about it. the standard chalets near the lobby would have been fine.

Snorkelling around Renggis Island was great!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Gay and Lesbian, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 3, 2008

• lalok profile photo lalok

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

nipah beach resort: paradise nipah beach resort

Nipah beach resort is the place of paradise very peacefull
in front of u is the sea sight and at the back is lake view which it made
from the waterfall. i already been many pulau in malaysia but nipah is the best, every year i took my leave and vacation over there anythings email me, i can give u suggestion what spouse u do ..aleng_dj@yahoo.com

front of u is the sea sight and at the back is lake view which it made
from the waterfall

• Written November 21, 2008

• hanavlogan profile photo hanavlogan
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Manana Chalets: the real travellers hang out!!

Manana Chalets that used to be in Juara,Tioman has open its new isolated private beach in Borneo,Sabah....finally after a year of absence the 'infamous' boys of Manana is back and kicking it in Sabah!!
I was there for their soft launch and only one word would describe its new venue and vibes...WOW!!!At the time of the launch only 12 units of various bungalows are ready and a funky restaurant and a bar run by a cute Greek guy too!!
Rooms from RM60 to RM180 and also the owner is building a private villa concept units that sleeps 4-5 with a private Balinese garden for RM320!!
Surf ,snorkel and traditional wooden kayak also available for rent.Diving center is in the process of setting up...
At night its a lively with chilled out music (Manana is famous for that) and cool Fire Twirling on the beach...
This place Manana has always created the 'never want to leave' feeling you get being on a beach espacially this one in Borneo....
Check out their web-site.....www.manana-borneo.com for further details...
......secret is out again....
welldone boys!!!

• Related to: Surfing, Backpacking, Beaches
  • Written October 14, 2008

• bnanno profile photo bnanno
  • Reviews: 27

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Melina Beach Resort: Really bad value for money

This Resort looks good on paper, but disappoints consistently; especially as prices are very high given Malaysian and Tioman standards.

Accomodation: room and sheets uncleanliness, terrible bathroom standard and hygiene, shabby room cleaning, stained and dirty mugs and spoons and glasses in the tea-coffee facility in the room which, by the way, were never replenished, broken stuff stored all about the resort, virtually no house-keeping, old, noisy and ineffective Air conditioning, no staff-on-hand many many times, awful general maintainance, etc.etc

Food: Very expensive, over-priced given the quality of cooking, repetitive, local food westernized, dinner has to be ordered by lunch time, or at breakfast if you are going away for the day. Breakfast(included) is OK, tea and coffee poor.
They say it is because of Tioman, but you to Paya or ABC and everything is only a couple of Ringgits more expensive than the mainland, so that is bad excuse for shoddy hotel? keeping

Penthouse (750 RM), TreeHouse (350-450 RM), extremely bad value for money. pay for a night for the novelty but you if you have 750, Japamala down the road (coast) is a true high-end resort.

It resembles more a poor quality boarding house than anything else.

Note: You might be woken up in the night by the owner(s) noisy partying and shouting...

Has a turtle hatchery which kids might like.

There is a good house reef (but lots of places in Tioman have that).

You can get away for lunch by following the jungle track to Genting (easy but hot), Paya (more sternous but good tasty food at 1/4th or 5th the price awaits you at the end.
You can also walk to Genting along the beach at low tide. This is an especially pleasant walk.

Otherwise, stay away, unless you want to feel European by paying European prices for 1* B& B in Malaysia.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Eco-Tourism, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written August 31, 2008

• artery profile photo artery
  • Reviews: 3

Nazri's Place I: Nazri's Place I

Pro:

- clean and tidy rooms
- relatively cheap for the standards (RM 160 per night for Deluxe room)
- pretty good food but not at budget price
- snorkelling trip organised by them was fun
- helpful staff

Cons:

- beach too short especially at high tide
- blackout happened a bit too frequent

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, School Holidays, Beaches
  • Written July 21, 2008

where we stayed

• nigel316 profile photo nigel316

Berjaya Beach, Golf & Spa Resort: Berjaya Beach, Golf & Spa Resort

Firstly, I’m not a promoter from Berjaya Tioman, but I would like to share my experiences in Tioman over 3 days. You can go to Tioman from Mersing and Tanjung Gemok. I went from TG and I have to say that there’s nothing at all to shop for, except for a mini store selling some souvenirs and snacks. Please get whatever you need or missed from this jetty because the things in Tioman are not cheap. I bought a waterproofed disposable camera for my snorkeling trip here at 45 RM but they are selling between 55 to 65 RM in Tioman. The boat from fast ferry was good, about 1hr 30 mins to 2 hrs and the ferry will stop over at a few jetty, so please check which jetty the boat is at. Bring along a jacket because the air-con on the ferry is incredibly strong which was freezing cold.
When you are at Tekkek Jetty, there will be someone from Berjaya Tioman calling for guests. Board their buses/trams which are cool in out-looks (reminds me of the early days but some guests may think it’s lousy). It will take about 5-10 mins to reach the resort from the jetty/airport. Check- in was fast and the receptionist was quite professional and friendly (I do not understand why others are complaining about their service in forums but I think it’s fairly good). Of course the fittings and furniture are quite rundown (superior room) and if you are with children or elderly, try to request for rooms at the ground level.
The room we had was w/o towels, so we called the reception and requested for some. Believe it or not, within a minute, the house keeping came with some towels. On the second day when the lights in the toilet went off, the technician came within a few minutes and the receptionist even called our room to check if he’s here (excellent service!). Overall the staffs there are friendly and helpful. If you are walking out of the resort area to the town or within the resort, when you see any buses/tram (from the resort) coming, flag them down to hitch a ride and they are willing to give you a lift if it’s on the way. Sometimes they will just stop and ask where you are going (hence there’s no need to hire a taxi to get to Tekkek town. It’s 20 mins walk from the resort and may even get a free ride from the resort).
The pool is good and the spa was great. You should really try it and feel relaxed for the day. Snorkeling was great experience for me. The package I had was only for 30 mins to renggis island but staff from the marine centre allowed us to stay for as long as we want. When we are ready to get back, we can catch the next boat that is coming to the platform, sending more people over. Remember to bring some fish food (you can get them at 2RM from the resort’s shop and it’s really a lot) for the snorkeling trip so that you can attract the fishes over. Throw the bread at your friend who’s snorkeling in the water and all the fishes will go to him (my friend did that to me and it freaked me out seeing so many fish coming towards me!)
I would say that there’s nothing much to eat on Tioman if you compare to other places in Malaysia. I did not go to any of the resort’s restaurant (quite costly), thus there’s no comments. Most of my meals were at the 2 local restaurant located outside the gate of the resort. One is Chinese and the other is Malay operated. The Chinese restaurant’s price is quite steep for what they offer and the Malay stall’s price was reasonable. The Malay restaurant operates to 2am in the morning (which means you can walk out anytime to get your supper) and it serves al la carte menu only after 3 pm. Don’t go before that as the lunch is no good.
On the last day, I took the wrong shuttle bus which went to Tioman suite and back to the lobby again. I wasted 20 mins on that route and by the time I return to the lobby, I had 5 mins left to catch my ferry at the jetty. I asked the bell service for help and immediately he drove us to the jetty and even helped us to call the ferry service to stall for time (excellent serice). Remember, ask where the shuttle bus is going before boarding.
It would be better if you plan yr travel on weekdays which would be less crowded. I saw many Singaporeans around and as usual, group of Singaporean boys making a fool of themselves and giving Singaporeans a bad reputation. These boys try to be cool by speaking loudly and rudely in the public (really hate to see these happening abroad, especially when I’m also a Singaporean). Overall I would rate the service for Berjaya Tioman 8/10. The 2 demerit points are for the run down fittings and furniture of the room. I could really see that the resort is giving effort to put up good services for their guest. And I guess the 4 star rating is more of the facilities that Berjaya is offering rather than what they have in the rooms. Enjoy yourself if you are planning to visit Tioman.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written June 10, 2008

• yann.ng profile photo yann.ng
  • Reviews: 92

Babura Sea View Resort: Better dive accomodation at a cheaper rate

I stayed in the seaview with air-con room. The room is more well-lit and better furnished than the previous dive resort I stayed in when I was in Tioman for my Open Waters in 2000. However, the bed is pretty old and you can feel the spring jutting into your skin.

As I got a package for the dives and accomodation inclusive of daily breakfast, I am unsure of the price for the room rates alone.

There's a open air balcony for each of the room.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written March 11, 2008
Tip Photo

Balcony attached to our room

• Saagar profile photo Saagar
  • Reviews: 2176

Melina Beach Resort: Superb holiday accommodation

Spent a wonderful week at Melina in September 2007. I thought initially it would be good to be closer to more offerings in terms of activities and eateries. However, it did no take many hours to decide Melina had most of what i craved for a holiday.
More later, this is only the initial description.

Very small
right on the beach
swimming distance to good coral reef
sunset position

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written September 27, 2007

• Khamal profile photo Khamal
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nazri place: Camping near real pizza hut

I've been there with my wife on 28th May 2007. Stay for 3D 2N. We decided to camp cause it is last minutes tought. :). I guess it will be very hard to get hotel or challet during that time cause it is on school holiday. For preparation, I just buy 4 man tent and some camping equipment. I'm always like that, if we plan it is very hard to happen. :)

Our camp site at Air Batang area is very near to the beach, about 5 meters. our left is pizza hut, the real one. The pizza taste was very great. It is in Nazri place. Look for Karen (if I can recall her name). She is a chinese girl. For camping, Nazri charge us MYR 3 per head per day. We had wonderfull night with full moon and if we look up. sometime the moon can be seen through coconut leaf, very beutifull.

At day time, the beach is very interesting. I rent a kayak for 2 hours. Very interesting moment. I believe I can do kayaing for the whole Island. May be it will take me about 5-10 hours, depend on the stop. :)

Snookeling, is a must. I see stingray!!! other tourist that i meet from Australia. They said they saw turtles, 2 of it. wonderfull! very amazing world down there with so colorfull coral and fish. seeing is believing.

great beach!

• Related to: Camping, Diving and Snorkeling, Kayaking
  • Written September 21, 2007
Tip Photo

Our camp site from infront

• Kriesta profile photo Kriesta
  • Reviews: 42

Salang Beach Resort: Just a basic Chalet

It is just a rustic kampung house. Where we stayed was a non-aircon room...consisting of 2 beds, a bathroom and a fan. No water-heater either (a disappointment as we are so used to having hot water )...but its alrite as the day was hot. So coming back and having a cold shower was good enough. So long as there is water, its all good. Accomodation was very cheap at RM55 per night. With the last minute arrangement that we had, this is a fine place to stay. A bed and clean sheets. What else can you ask for.

• Written June 11, 2007