Casuarina Parkroyal

Satisfaction Poor

Good For No Data
  • Callavetta's Profile Photo

Business Hotel

I stayed at the Casuarina one night in October 2009 and returned for several nights of business in October 2010. The room was fine; large, air conditioned, quiet and clean. I didn't use any of the hotel facilities besides the room although I hear the gym is not for ladies.... if you know what I mean.

On our second visit there were a few snafus. Our travel desk had arranged the presidential suite for my boss, the Company big-wig. Because he was late arriving, they gave the room away! When he arrived, tired and jet lagged from a LONG journey from California, they gave him a regular room with twin beds. Now this is the Global CEO of one of the biggest employers in Ipoh. And he's 6'4".

He also complained that he found cock roaches in his room. Now I'm not freaked out by bugs in rooms in tropical locations, on the equator, but this was pretty shoddy treatment for a VIP.

There was construction going on on the floor above (an apology note was left in the room) and it was VERY loud. My phone didn't work. The iron and ironing board were rickety.

Unique Quality: My other issue with the Casuarina is that I am pretty sure I left a dress and scarf hanging in the closet when I left. Upon calling, and even someone from the company going by to check, we were told there was nothing there. I don't believe that. I think someone must have taken it home.

My colleague also had her cell phone snatched. Again, both of us should have been more careful, but in many instances things like that will be returned.

The hotel does have a good breakfast buffet.

• mlbk888's Profile Photo

Away from the City Centre

First impression - a little chaotic as the reception staff did not appear to be trained to handle large groups in spite of this being rated as a convention hotel. We arrived at 6.30am only to be told that our rooms would be ready only after lunch even though we had confirmation via email that the rooms would be ready for us on arrival.

Room - the room was adequately furnished. Airconditioning worked, bathroom was clean with good water pressure. Lacks ambience.

Breakfast - buffet style but with little imagination.

Location - quite out of the way from the city centre. If not for the fact that I was attending a congress that was being held in the hotel, I would have chosen to stay somewhere else more conveniently situated.

• meiyergani's Profile Photo

A few Ipoh's Good Hotel

The hotel near Ipoh's city Center. Rooms facilities with hot and cold shower, the hospitality of the hotel crew, a good restaurant with Eurpean Cuisine, Malay cuisine, Dining Hall, meeting room

• rejoice's Profile Photo

Service with a Heart

We stayed here in Dec 2004.
    This hotel is not located in the town itself but near town. We don't mind the location because we drove and it is away from the traffic area. Quite convenient in terms of travelling to other area of suburb such Tambun. The rooms are clean and comfortable although the hotel building is quite old. Hotel staffs are friendly too. (While we were there in Dec 2004, the hotel staffs were out on the road in the afternoon for a few hours, to demonstrate 'strike' for several days. According to them, the hotel management did not raise their wages for a long time. I spoke to a well-mannered concierge, who is in his 40s. He told me the management did not review his salary since 8 years ago. Poor man, imagine he is the bread-winner and still survive with less than RM1,000 per month. Ironically, the workers paid for Union services every month (about RM6). Yet, the Union could not help them on this aspect. I truly felt for him and gave him a slightly more tip$ for his service...)

Unique Quality: There is a jaccuzzi pool besides the main pool. Usually you have to pay for jaccuzi but here it is free for hotel stayer. Public are allowed to use the pool with a minimum charge too. Just be prepared to accept the very old and run-down condition of the toilets near the pool.

Directions: Lookout for the round-about after Ipoh town. Turn to Jalan Gopeng when drive around the round-about.

Comments