Kuala Kangsar Hotels

Our Members Say

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Double Lion Hotel.: Fine little budget hotel.

I stayed one night at the double lion hotel during a bicycle trip through Malaysia and the place suited my needs very well.
It's a smallish hotel situated behind a bakery that is run by the same people who run the hotel.
The friendly and talkative receptionist gave me a good deal on a room out the back where i had space to park my bicycle inside the room and did not have to carry it up any staircases.
My room was simple, but the price was cheap (60 Ringgitt).
I had air con in the room, but it was a little too cold for me so i turned it off before i went to sleep and that worked fine.
All in all this palce served my needs for a price i could afford without being anything that special, but i would happily return.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Cycling, Budget Travel
  • Written July 5, 2012
Tip Photo

Double Lion Hotel in Kuala Kangsar.

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Hotel Seri Kangsar: Well located in town centre

This was my first choice when I first arrived in town and, even though it's a little on the expensive side for what I got, I only stayed here for one night. It's well located in the town centre, a short walk from the bus station and the shops and restaurants. I had a windowless single room which had a double bed, small narrow wardrobe, a/c, desk, TV (where HBO was really the only thing worth watching), and a clean bathroom with a good hot water shower. There's a small restaurant but it closes at the silly time of 7pm and doesn't open earlier enough for breakfast in the mornings (10am). My room cost RM59.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 19, 2010
Tip Photo

• rh_beads profile photo rh_beads
  • Reviews: 2

Rest House Kuala Kangsar: Places to stay in KK

Kuala Kangsar or KK does offer decent accomodation, one of it is the KK Rest House. This Rest House has gone through a thorough renovation so it is unlike the ala-colonial rest house you may be accustomed to. If you are lucky you could get the rooms facing the Sungei Perak which is really beautiful to see in the morning. But be forewarned, being the only modern accomodation in KK it is almost always full esp on weekends. The rates are RM80 Superior to RM170 for the Suite. Just recently, June 2006 The Emperor of Japan made it to this quaint yet historic town. The traditional kuih apam is something you should not miss for breakfast, usually sold by the Makcik Kueh stalls by the riverside. There's also a small food centre, also by the riverside, offering Laksa Kuala and Cendul. After that you can walk to the nearby stalls selling Labu Sayong, only RM12 I am told. Rest House phone: 05-7764262.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Arts and Culture, Castles and Palaces
  • Written July 3, 2006

• gnh profile photo gnh
  • Reviews: 463

Rest House: Don't See Nice Hotels Here

Most people will go on to Taiping or Penang, or Ipoh rather than staying in Kuala Kangsar which seems too quiet and devoid of entertainment centres.

Probably the town is meant to be royal, so those would be inappropriate.

• Opinion of Price: N/A