Teluk Nipah, Perak, Malaysia

Agoda.com Booking.com eDreams

Satisfaction Terrible

• mizzzthanggg's Profile Photo

Of Horns & Bills

We stayed here overnight. Not a bad, basic guesthouse. Location was great, on the main road right opposite Nipah Bay, but then again, proved to be very noisy when the local lads vroomed LOUDLY on their little mopeds in the middle of the night. Tsk.

Unique Quality: Clean sheets, aircon, hot & cold water showers, little tv. Soap and towels were supplied.

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo

Place to get Good Sunsets !

I got a clean room with an attached bathroom. Its on a Kampung-house, complete with stairs and all. My room overlooked the beach in Pantai Nipah. The people who run this place were nice and friendly.

Unique Quality: A great view of the sunset - unfortunately I did not take any picture from the hotel as I was at the beach then :-p

More about Hornbill Resort

Jen in Pangkor

by jenniferchin

FOODFEST
April 2006

Thank goodness for escaping a potentially quiet & boring weekend in the city !
A quick phonecall to equally bored Winnie who suggested a lets-get-away-from-the-city, focusing on good seafood. Yum !
Lets go to Pangkor !!

Twas a relaxing long drive with yarns and photographic acitivities.

Reached the island in the late evenin, with the weather not being so good.
Got a nice room over at Hornbill resort at Pantai Nipah.
Straight headed out for food :-)

Next day after breakfast, it was a walk to see the green and where the hell the road leads to !
Met up with the Hornbill Man, who has all these hornbills flocking to his guesthouse. Stayed on and chatted with him.
Lunch time - more seafood near the jetty. Good stuff !!

So it was a nice run off .... wouldn't mind doing it again :-)

ROADTRIPPIN WITH THE GIRLS
May 2005

Back again, but this time with good friends.
An impromptu trip across from Lumut.

Mixed feelings when I was going around the island.
I remember why I was here before...

************************************************************************************************************

A quick check with the people at the jetty – they said that we can still catch the ferry across and back within the same day :O Sharon quickly went over to buy tickets. OK. Last ferry from the island is at 8pm.

Boarded Ferry. Freaking cold.
Went to the back to catch views and escape the cold air.
Ride was good. We stopped at the Fisherman’s jetty first, then to the Main Jetty over on the island.

Out of the jetty and we were swamped with men in white shirts and pink minivans – a sight to behold, really. Wary of being preyed upon … we took out time, trying to “re-group” and “discuss” among ourselves on the best route to take. In a while, this nice Pakcik approached us and Kay secured a deal for the 3 of us – a ride in his minivan for RM40, and he will take us to catch cool sunsets.

So off we went. The roads there are incredibly windy and steep in some places. So it can get woozy for those who suffer from seasickness. But it was fun as we managed to see the locals, the kampung areas, the vegetation and breathe in the cool crisp fresh air.

First stop was the Dutch Fort located at Teluk Gedung. For some pictures and the story behind it, have a look at my t-log below.
After that, we continued our journey to the west side of the island – stopping by at the beach near Pantai Nipah. We spent a good 15 minutes or so there, taking pictures of the sun set.

Hop into van and this time he took us to a vantage point of the island. Yes, incredible views but I guess we were a little late and did not catch the entire montage of the sunset. Oh well. It was still great there.

Satisfied that we took some cool pics, it was back to the jetty for us. We were on time but this time, did not hang out at the back (away from the cold) as it was dark already. So we suffered in the cold throughout the journey, watching Britney Spears and Westlife videos – sigh.

We reached the jetty on the mainland in a bit and then it was off looking for dinner … we were famished … :-)

TIME TO THINK
August 2003

I had to get away from the city.
I thought of Pulau Pangkor as it was not too far away from KL, plus I have never been there.

Nothing to lose, right ? :-)

Looking for 5 star resort in Malaysia

by suzisparkes

Hi all, My Husband and I are in search of a 5 star resort somewhere in Malaysia for a 1 week stay in October. We would like to be by the beach and live in the lap of luxury for the entire time.....does anyone have any recommendations?? We have stayed at the Tanjung Rhu Resort in Langkawi several times and loved it, we would like to find somewhere equivalent to this if possible...any ideas??
Cheers from Adelaide, South Australia!

by ftym

Hi

Perhaps you could try Pulau Pangkor, Pangkor Laut Resort is nice for couples.

Regards

Fern

by bckl2255

There are a few. Not in any particular order:-
~ Pangkor Laut Resort, Pulau Pangkor
~ Four Seasons - Langkawi
~ The Datai - Langkawi
~ Tanjung Jara - Terengganu

by SLLiew

Rasa Sayang Resort, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island :)

by schweethoney

Berjaya Redang Resort in Redang Island. It's a private beach 5 star resort.

by nadeemkhan

Hi ! I would strongly recommend you to go to Berjaya Beach Resort in Langkawi. I have been there and cant forget the tranquality, the overall ambience and the the luxury. What I like most about the place is that they have developed luxuriuos hotel without disturbing the echo system.So after checking in at front office a shuttle will carry you to ur room in a jungle and you may find trees and wild greenery everywhere around your room not to miss the monkeys right hanging outside your room door. The other big attraction is the Beach attached to it. So lot to have there.

by XenosUK

How about one of the two Shangri-Las near Kota Kinabalu? Choose the Rasa Ria if you want a fabulous beach and beautiful natural surroundings, or the Tanjung Aru if you want to be closer to town and island-hopping trips to the nearby marine park.

by suzisparkes

Thanks for your suggestion, my sister stayed at the Berjaya, I think if we go back to Langkawi we would stay at the Tanjung Rhu, we love this place. We are trying to find something different to try, I am thinking now about Kota Kinabalu so many choices........anyway thanks again.

by suzisparkes

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks fantastic, however I have read a few conflicting reviews and have been told that meals and drinks are really expensive. I'll keep it in mind though - Cheers

by suzisparkes

Thanks for that, they both look great but we are looking for something a little less "commercial" I think. Cheers

Comments