The Pan Pacific Resort Pangkor

Teluk Belanga (Golden Sands)

Satisfaction Poor

Good For No Data
  • robertgaz's Profile Photo

Secluded and special

The Pan Pacific Resort is set on a spacious secluded stretch of beautiful beach surrounded by lush tropical jungle on the northern end of Pulau Pangkor.

The resort has a large swimming pool close to the beach and its own golf course. Things to do include snorkelling, boating, skiing and parasailing as well as organised activities such as beach volleyball.

The resort accommodation is no higher than any of the many palm trees found there and the rooms are spacious yet they retain some privacy as well.

Unique Quality: The island is a very laid back affair with an almost "lost kampung" feel about it. It's not yet overdeveloped so you won't find it overun with hordes of tourists.

• It was not that pleasant after all...

My family travelled very frequently to Malaysia at least once a year. It is really inexpensive for sea sport activities comparing to many other countires. We reside in California. My trip to Pangkor Island Resort (used to be Pan Pacific) was not a pleasant one - August 2007. In the ferry, only for Pangkor Island Resort Guest, to the island were "greet" by lots of flies. Children were running around the ferry with no control. Upon arrival, my family was really excited, the resort nestled in really an unique location. Very beautiful! The check-in staff was very polite and warm. We have two rooms that were adjoining. The room was very spacious and the wooden flooring really made the entire enviornment was cozy and comfortable. We really like the room .... but when I turned around to look at the bed... I immediately felt disgusted. Bloodstain spots were on the duvets ion the bed in my room. I immediately notified housekeeping. To my amazement, the man that told me it is on the duvets only. I reqeusted for a change. In my opinion, the entire bedsets need to be thrown away. Pillows looks old. The white colors bedsets do not look clean. Look soiled... and "rundown". This is not over! At bedtime, I heard the scream from my sons' room. This time there were more bloodstains and they were on the blanket covers. Unlike my room, the blood looked "new". and worst of all, there were more. I immediately called for the duty manager to come in. Even though he apologied and changed a "supposed clean set"... my mind started to wonder on the hygiene of this resort. I will not return o this resort. When I think about it... I feel uncomfortable ....

• alicekenny's Profile Photo

Honeymoon on Pangkor

This was the hotel we booked for honeymoon. It was a package for a 4 days 3 nites stay with return flights from Subang Airport KL. Mainland people travel to this hotel by ferry. There are limited vehicles around this scenic natural island. We rented a motor-bike for 2 days which cost RM 30 per day. The package which we booked online also provided a complimentary air-port transfer to the hotel.

Unique Quality: The name of this resort previously was known as Pan Pacific Pangkor Island Resort. Know it is known as Pangkor Island Beach Resort. Affectionately known to the locals on the island as "Pan Pac". Well-kept resort, with white sandy beaches. Activities such as kayaking, bicycle renting, surfing and others are easily available from this resort. Resort staff are ever ready to assists us with a generous smile. Had breakfast at their cafe which has a view of the sea and beach. Dinner was served at the poolside-BBQ buffet with a BIG selection of fresh seafood to choose from.

Directions: Near the Island's mini airport . Teluk Belanga.

• gnh's Profile Photo

You Prefer Exclusivitiy ?

That was ages ago when this hotel was called the Golden Sands Hotel ..... in the eighties .....
    Then it became Pan Pacific Pangkor .......

Now it has a new name, Pangkor Island Beach Resort

Probably trying to match the Pangkor Laut Resosrt

Unique Quality: Strictly for guests only. No loafers allowed ! The guard at the entrance would shoo you away ... unless you're the guest, of course !

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Room with a view

This hotel is now no longer managed by the Pan Pacific Group. It has changed its name.

The rooms have been refurbished, and are spacious and comfortable. The wooden flooring is cool, while the chocolate and cream decor and furnishings creates a warm, cosy feeling. When the fans turn, you could imagine that you're staying with a friend in his Kampung house!

There is the Pacific Wing, and the Ocean Wing which is slightly more luxurious.

Unique Quality: Team building facilities and facilitators may be arranged through the hotel.

Comments