Ferringhi Beach Hotel

Jalan Low Yat, Batu Ferringhi, Penang, 11100, Malaysia

More about Ferringhi Beach Hotel

We stayed at...

by Mirtsa about Ferringhi Beach Hotel

The beach is across the road (there is a bridge to the beach) bus stop is right in front of the hotel. hotel has big lobby and nice pool in the garden.
That hotel was ok for us. All the rooms have seaview

Beach side body and foot massage

by SLLiew

At the Batu Ferringhi beach near Golden Sands Hotel, you can relax and be pampered with a body and foot massage.

Do inform the masseur if you prefer a hard or soft massage. Massages should be comfortable and so do communicate and feedback to your massuer during the process.

You may feel lighter on your feet after your first foot massage but the effect will eventually wears off after a few times.

Beaches are public - so enjoy

by SLLiew

In Penang, all the beaches are public.

For example at the Batu Ferringhi beach, although there is a continuous row of beach front hotels with their volley ball courts and lounges set out, the beach itself is open to public.

There are public access to the beaches. Since all the hotels are open to the public for their restaurants or seminar activities, most hotels are tolerant of non-guests parking and using the hotel lobbies to get to the beach.

As hotels will maintain the cleanliness of the beaches at their areas, these are also some of the best spots to layout your towel and soak the sun before you take a dip.

Penang,Malaysia

by borneo60

"Penang"

Penang - aka Pearl of the Orient.
Holiday Inn @ Batu Ferringhi beach which was quite nice but a ways from town.
CitiTel or SunWay Hotel is centrally located.

The famous E & O hotel is on the left by the water.

The place where I live

by cristine35

"rainbow"

Penang is the 2nd largest state in Malaysia. It has beautiful beaches, like this BATU FERRINGHI BEACH where you can enjoy jetskiing & other interesting watersports...to keep your adrenaline going!!!!!

The EuropeansThe Europeans

Penang:- Anyone around there !

by The_Heart_Of_Worship

Hi There!

I reached in the morning in Penang and Im staying at Batu Ferringhi Beach,

Im travling myself alone, If anyone there in Penang, Drop a line , we can meet for Dinner or Some hang out,

Penang: beach or city?

by shalin

hi

was wondering how far the city is from the beach scene...almost all the nice hotels by the beach are booked during christmas time, so the agent recommended cititel...any suggestions for 4 star hotels ? and will it be sensible to stay in a city while visitng a beach resort??

thanks!!!appreciate your views:)
p

Penang: beach or city?

by ZENDER

Hi helloo!
So you are wondering should you be staying in the city or the beach...well, you can consider doing what I have had done - you can stay in the city at a hotel that have shuttle service to the beach....I am sure most hotels in Georgetown proper worth its name and reputation should have shuttle services to the beach...the hotel I stayed once - Shangri-la Hotel Georgetown has two sister resorts at Batu Ferringhi Beach - the Shangri-la Golden Sands Resort and the Shangri-la Rasa Sayang Resort. BUT it must be noted that the Rasa Sayang is closed for renovations and only scheduled to reopen only in 2006.
I had also stayed at the beach in Batu Ferringhi once..away from the city...so relaxing and so destressing...so.it all depends on what you want to do.
- shopping or get away from it all.
Best regards and for your information, I am going up to Penang this December as well.. :) Cheers!

Re: Penang: beach or city?

by bazz

Hi Shalin

I will be visiting Penang from London with my girlfriend who is from Kuching in Sarawak from December 30th to January 3rd.We are staying at the Cititel Hotel.

I have stayed there before and it is a good hotel,right in the centre of the city ,near shops,restaurants and nightlife.

I prefer to stay in Georgetown when I am in Penang.I have stayed in Batu Ferringhi and I liked it but it is a bit quiet for me.

It is east to reach by bus from Georgetown-about 40 minutes.

Taxi prices from the airport ?????

by fiona.p

So sameone said we could get a taxi or van at the airport in penang , does anyone know how much it would cost us to get into the main beach area our hotel is the golden sands on batu ferringhi beach the hotels has given as a price of $65 aus to pick us up in a van and I am sure that this is way to much,so even a ruff idea on the pick would be great so at least we know where we stand.... thanks fiona

by Patienceman

You should pay RM60 - RM70 for this journey.

Regards

by donajanv

It should be around RM 20 and you might be able to get a taxi coupon at the airport. It's really cheap. Have fun!

by xuessium

HI! Fiona:

I see to recall that the standard listed rates is about RM50-60 for Batu Ferringhi from Penang Intl Airport and yes, you can book a taxi at a counter just after you exit customs.

by Patienceman

I'm currently living in Bayan Lepas. I'm about 10 minutes from the airport. I get a taxi for friends and family regulary from here to Ferringhi for RM45. A 10 minute taxi drive will cost you approximately RM10 - RM20....so add that onto the RM45 and you get a ruff figure !

by fiona.p

thanks for the info, a taxi from the airport is the way we will be going!!! .... fiona : )

Comments