Bayan Lepas Hotels

• gubbi1 profile photo gubbi1
  • Reviews: 863

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Equatorial Penang: Beautiful Oasis

I came here for a business trip and had the choice for a more centrally located hotel and the Hotel Equatorial. With the knowledge that the EQ has a nice and relaxing atmosphere I requested the company to book this. Now I know that the decision was fully correct. The stuff is very kind and helpful. The hotel itself is large and amazingly calm. There are 4 restaurants and a bar which give you a chance to vary your diet. From the restaurant you can also order a good choice to your room.
For leasure go to the hotel pool which is large or have a look at the small garden which is set up as a rainforest through which a short track can be walked. In the lowest floor a sauna and hot pool can be used aswell as a gym. For those who need a hall for business conferences, the hotel offers a wide range.
In my opinion the hotel is great, only drawback is the extreme costs for internet if you are not there in a corporate rate. 6 Euros for a fix hour is too much, but there should be free internet in the public area, resp. the business center. You can ask at the lobby. Anyway, with no doubt the EQ is my first choice and I look forward to return once coming back to Penang.

The pool is large and stretches from under the building into the open.
During my stay the former king of Malaysia was guest in the hotel. For this high personality the hotel was arranging the security extremely good. We other guests had no restrictions in our stay, which I think shows a good quality.
To relax you can visit the bar where each evening a group is making music. Amazing voices! There you also find a dart board and a pool table.

• Opinion of Price: about average