Paradise Sandy Beach Resort

Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort
Expedia.com Asiatravel.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• PARADISE FOR FANTASTIC SERVICE

My wife and I had a most enjoyable 14 night stay with the team at Paradise.Yes ,the property is starting to show the usual signs of age but this is more than compensated for by the exceptional staff and service provided by the team at Paradise.We stayed in room 2305.Fantastic views and a very large space with sperate sittingarea,seperate bedroom and a large bathroom.Organising a late check out on the day of our return travel was easy.We would consider ourselves to be seasoned travellers and the staff/service levels at Paradise are as good as it gets.Nothing too difficult for this team.I would stay here again and have no problem recommending the property to anybody wanting a relaxed stay in spacious facilities.The odd negative comment you might read about the lack of cooking facilities etc should be taken with a grain of salt.Why would you want to cook,clean up etc when some of the best food you will get to eat is available right on your door step and a bargain prices.Take a couple of days to check out Langkawi.Cheap to get there by boat,fantastic beaches,the eco park something special and the grog etc all duty free.The cable car spectacular as you wonder at something over 550 million years old.We will be going back next year for more.

Unique Quality: Very spacious rooms and all with very good air conditioning.The views are fantastic and the location very central.One of the best curry houses you will ever find is right opposite the property ( we ate there twice a day for 10 days and I wish it could have lasted longer) and there are other good eating and drinking options within easy walking distance.
    Those travelling with families are well catered for with a good pool facility and plenty of beach activities to participate in.In house tours are good value but above all else the staff are fantastic.Thanks to everybody at Paradise for making our stay so memorable.

Directions: Top Indian cuisine right across the road and easy access to Georgetown and other places of interest.Take the walking tour with Maria.You will meet here while you are having breakfast for certain.

• f1katt's Profile Photo

Excellent Four Star Hotel

The customer service was always outstanding no matter who I came in to contact with. I was made to feel very welcome every where I went in this hotel. All the staff were extremely pleasant, polite, helpful and smiling. Breakfast was good, room was lovely as was the view. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Location is great - not in city centre but short taxi or us ride to it - U101 bus runs along road right outside hotel to either city centre as well as the other way through tourist town Batu Ferringhi.

Photos are from room 2012 - on 20th floor. Cost $170.00RM per night.

Unique Quality: I cant remember the last time I visited anywhere where the staff were this nice.
    Also my room had a small breakfast bench and sink - great for serving up/somewhere to put room service.

• BenAustin's Profile Photo

The Friendly hotel!!

The hotel has 25 floors. We stayed on the 25th with seaviews and it was great! The hotel is basic but the staff were so nice they really made us feel at home. They helped us with restaurants and bars in the area.
    The rooms were airconditioned and were huge, with a kitchen, lounge, double bedroom and a huge bathroom. But my balcony was the best part with nothing to see but water in front and lush green mountains to either side, it was my favourite place to have a quite beer and some alone time!!

For all you football fans, the hotel has a sports bar which has all the premiership football matches live, although they are on at 2am!! but ohwell your on holiday!!

When its open the small bar and restaurant on the first level has a great indian chef! He m,akes an amzing butter chicken and naan breads cooked in front of you! once again it was so cheap!!

Unique Quality: Not too many unique qualities bacause the hotel was very old but as i mentioned above the views from the rooms were fantasic and the staff were so helpful.
    The hotel was so cheap that we didnt care what it was like and used it as base for our travels around the island and Langkawi

Directions: Along main street in Tanjung Bungah

• °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º`Beautiful Hotel!°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º`

This is a Beautiful 4* Hotel, with 5* service!
    We stayed here for 9 days in September 2005.
    The staff were extremely friendly & welcoming and were always helpful!
    Our room was clean and spacious with a lovely view over the pool and beach.
    It is ideally situated.
    The food in the hotel was second to none and very good value for money!
    Wouldn't hesitate to return and would definately recommend!

• jetwind's Profile Photo

Ideal Location

This hotel is situated on Tan Jung Bungah Beach, which is ideal for getting too George Town and Batu Ferringhi beach.
    The hotel sits directly on the beach and has commanding views of the bay in which it lies.
    Go for a one-bed suite with sea view or if you are travelling with children try for a two-bed suite. All rooms are fully air-conditioned with individual control for living space from bedrooms. My room (2507) was a one-bed suite on the twenty fifth floors and a sea view, which was truly awesome. The hotel offers agreat atmosphere to dine in with its three restaurants and pool side snack bar you'll never go hungry. Take kids they'll love it in the kids club and by the pool.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Family friendly Get-away at Tanjung Bungah

This hotel is quite ideal for a family getaway. It is popular with Arab, Japanese, Singaporean and local tourists.

The room is spacious with a large balcony overlooking the sea front. Apart from the nice seaview, my room was on a high floor and looked down upon the Dalit International School next door (the school has its own swimming pool!)

The furnishing is a bit old, but more than adequate, and the room is a studio styled room, complete with kitchen cabinets, kitchen sink, and a kitchen counter top for meals. The bed was comfortable, but there was no duvet, only a thin blanket. However, since it doesn't get too cold in Malaysia, we were comfortable. The king sized bed was just perfect for me and my two daughters. (My husband and our son wasn't along for this trip)

Unique Quality: Bathroom comes with a full sized bath-tub and the hot & cold showers work just fine.

Pool is a nice size for a lazy swim and there is also a reasonable kids pool. The terrace area facing the beach is pleasant and has deckchairs that are placed on the grassy area at the border of the hotel's grounds and the beach. The sea water is not that great, but a swim in the sea is possible and I did enjoy my swim there. The beachfront is nice for morning walks or a jog.

The hotel offers banana boat rides, paragliding, and have jet skis and catamarans for hire. Horse rides are also available in the mornings (click on pics 3).

I found the hotel buffet breakfast a dissapointment, except for the egg station, cereals, yoghurt and fresh fruit. Fortunately, there are other eating shops all within a 5-10 minute walking distance or you can take a bus or taxi to Gurney Drive, Batu Ferringhi or to Georgetown for more choices.

Getting around
    The taxi to Batu Ferringhi was RM15 one way and to Gurney Drive between RM12-15 one way. For the time being, most taxis in Penang do not use the metered system and you would need to agree a fare beforehand. Taxi from the airport to this hotel is RM47.

• chrisoc's Profile Photo

Penang's finest hotel

From the moment we entered the hotel lobby the service was excellent, fast and efficient check-in, help with luggage and all the staff had a great attitude. Fun, relaxed whist maintaining great standards.

Unique Quality: The pool at the hotel is really nice, near perfect temperature in that climate. The hotel also has access to the beach, which is an amazing beach, with many sports available.
    The views from the hotel room were breath-taking, you could see into the islands rainforest from one side and from the other the islands coastline.

• Carron's Profile Photo

Update on previous comment

We have just arrived home after another two weeks in Paradise. We were a little worried after reading some of the comments, and thought the standards were slipping, but as usual it was brilliant. The hotel staff go out of their way to make your stay wonderful, always very pleasant and helpful. The standard of accommodation is good and well cleaned each day. The restaurant caters for all tastes, eastern and western, with a wide selection to choose from, you can also get snacks during the day from the pool bar at very reasonable prices. There have been some very unfavourable comments made about this hotel, which I feel are nonsense, if you are the sort of person who has to find fault in everything, then stay away, I think I saw a flower blown off the Frangipani tree in the pool !!!!!!! Can't wait to get back again. The VT comments are mine as well, I forgot to sign in !!!!

• Carron's Profile Photo

Paradise in paradise

We have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions, and I am amazed by the comments from "bad experience" and "one time.com" The hotel has always proved to be spotless, inside and out, the staff are always extremely friendly and helpful, we have never had any cause for complaint, except two weeks always seems to go very fast. We will be back again this March, six weeks to paradise!!!!

Unique Quality: We have had various suites and could not find fault with any, my personal preference would be an odd numbered room, as the sight of the sun setting behind the hills on that side of the hotel is spectacular. The pool area is very well laid out, and very pretty with all the shrubs in bloom, plenty of sunbeds as well, and loads of space to put them.

Directions: Mostly residential, with a few shops, and hawker village about 400yds away

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Best suite

This hotel is ideally located between Penang city center and the tourist district.
    It has sea-facing suites that are huge. I have seen houses smaller than our suite.
    We had a huge bedroom with bath, and a very large living/dining/kitchenette combo.
    A balcony across the front of both rooms.
    I would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Unique Quality: Great views out over the beach and sea.
    Service was very good.
    Breakfast buffet was huge with American and Asian food.
    The pool was near the beach.

More about Paradise Sandy Beach Resort

paradise sandy beach resort

by vpbebe

hi has anyone stayed here, thinking of staying up wondering is it in a good area and whats it like?

RE: paradise sandy beach resort

by roostown

This hotel is out of the way and you would need to use taxis to get anywhere.
You will do better and be right in the middle if you look at a hotel on the Batu Ferringhi strip
We also stay at the Casuarina ...which is not as classy as the ParkRoyal .. Holiday Inn .. it only has one swimming pool .. which is okay for the most prat you would have the pool to yourself.
But if it is a touch of luxury you are looking for .. then you will not get this at the Casuarina .. and need to go upmarket
But after all that the Sandy Beach is more business type hotel

RE: paradise sandy beach resort

by 11jetsetter

when are you thinking of going to this hotel? we are from scotland and we are going to this hotel 20may for 8 nights. i have been trying to find out about it myself and have been told the same, that it is a little bit out and that it is a basic hotel. i do not intend being in the hotel much of the time anyway so as long as the bed and room is clean it will do. we cannot grumble as we got this holiday for a great price. if you decide to go and are there before us,let me know how you get on and vice versa with us.

Comments