4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 85% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• wonderif's Profile Photo

Best hotel i've ever stayed in !

ok i booked the cheapest room here (hillview) and came expecting the worst. but to my delight the room was quite large, contained all amenities and was just beautiful. the best hotel room i've ever stayed in! =)

instead of the hill view, my room had a view of some tree canopies, carpark and street below which wasn't bad actually... but hey, i hardly spent much time there, the hotel had so much happening elsewhere.

you could ly by the pool shaded by the many palm trees or get a tan under the sun.... then jump into the 2 pools to cool off. or.... their water activities such as parasailing and sea-dooing (both RM35). The staff are just wonderful.

Unique Quality: this is such a beautifully landscaped and decorated hotel... i've never been to a 4 or 5 star hotel before so to me, this is my 5 star hotel !

the receptionists, chefs, waiters, lifeguards, watersports staffs...... all of the employees here were extremely friendly. the watersports staffs were particularly talkative and remembers my name !

Directions: Batu Feringghi beach..... after the sun goes down, spend the nights walking along the main road shopping for malaysia souvenires... they are so much cheaper than in KL.

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

First time in Penang

After enjoying our stay at the ParkRoyal KL,we(my family and I ) booked the ParkRoyal Penang.
    The room had a mountain view from one of the windows inside,and the corridor had a beach view.
    The lobby was all decorated with wooden walls and ceilings.

Unique Quality: It`s beach front was breath taking!!!!!!

More about Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia

Parkroyal Hotel Penang or Golden Sands

by Karen-Estelle

Hi,

We are travelling to Penang end August (4 days 3 nights) and I'd love some help with booking a hotel. Previously we stayed at E and O but this time want it near the night market and nightlife. I have read many reviews and can see that everyone thinks that the Rasa Sayang is great and advice seems to be the Rasa wing is the choice, but the cheapest I can book that for is around $A315 a night and I feel that is a little too pricey when we are planning to only be there at night. So I was looking at the Parkroyal or Golden Sands. I'd like a sea facing double room and I was wondering what would be the best choice of these 2. We probably won't get time to use the pool, would like a nice bathroom and comfortable bed, which is not noisy. This an amazing site that has really helped us organize ourselves in our travels in the past and I'd like to thank all in advance for your wonderful knowledge we couldn't get elsewhere.

by Restless-in-kl

Personally I would prefer Golden Sands. Most of their rooms are sea facing but it's best to book ahead as these are obviously very popular! In terms of facilities and service, Golden Sands is better, being a part of the Shangri-La hotel chain and all. Of course, Rasa Sayang is the best especially its spa :)

by markbank

may be u should choose golden sand,,the service good and for me the restaurant also good especially italian restaurant (Peppino). Parkroyal i don't know bcoz never stay there...for sea facing room u must ask bcoz they have deluxe and executive seaview...

by Linda_T

I think either one would be fine. I love the Park Royal, I've stayed there 3 times now and would do so again without hesitation. Perhaps just see what deal you can get from each hotel and make your decision from there.

by japappy

In my opinion both are overpriced for the area. Yes they have nice pool areas etc but if I were staying at batu ferringhi I would opt for the holiday inn (beach wing) as I've stayed there before and could not fault the place. I don't stay a bayu ferringhi anymore because its to expensive and nothing to do through the day anyway so I stay at the Tanjung Bungah Beach Hotel which is about half the price of the others and even though its 3 star its very good (we get the 4th floor sea view queen room for RM128.00 breakfast included. I hire a car so its isolation from batu ferringhi is not a problem as I drive to the night markets if I want to go.

Comments