Kampung Kuala Besut Hotels

• lilmisswongy81 profile photo lilmisswongy81
  • Reviews: 21

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nan Hotel: Basic Accomm at Kuala Besut Jetty

Nan Hotel is a 100m stroll from the Kuala Besut Jetty. We had to stay over night near the jetty because the last boat to the island of Perhentian Besar was at 4PM or 5PM. Our plane didn't touch down til late in the evening. For one night we paid RM20 (AUD$7) for 3 people. We got a double and single bed with bathroom and TV. Extremely basic and tiny shower/toilet room. Very secure place with a lock up gate to the main building. It had one of those typical Malaysian bathrooms with the shower hose directly over the toilet. We then were able to walk to the jetty for the 8 or 9AM boat the next morning. Plenty of Perhentian tour agencies / internet services across the road or walking distance from hotel. Would recommend Nan Hotel if you require basic accommodation for one night whilst waiting to escape to the idyllic Perhentian Islands. The phone number in the current ed. of Lonely Planet has since changed. I have provided the new mobile number. I booked via sms a couple of days before. Didn't even need to call them.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written May 22, 2007

• yurijade profile photo yurijade
  • Reviews: 41

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Samudera: Simple motel for short rest

As I have 3.5hours to wait before taking the night bus home. I decide to take a short rest in this hotel. They charge me only RM30.00 for 2 air cond rooms from 5.00pm to 8.00pm. Each rooms consist of 2 double bed complete with towels and a bathroom.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written June 21, 2006
Tip Photo

The hotel is behind the gazebo at the extrem right

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful