Laguna Redang Island Resort

Otel.com

More about Laguna Redang Island Resort

Redang Island

by ronnielcm

"Snorkeling, Diving and Relaxing"

1. Big Mount
9. Pulau Ling
10. Tanjung Gua Kawah
11. Marine Park Wreck
12. Pulau Paku Besar
13. Maxi Mount (Mak Cantik)
14. Mini Mount (Cik Isa)
15. Batu Cipor
16. Southern Tip
17. Wendy's Mount
18. Tunnel Point
19. Turtle Bay

Redang Island..the paradise

by Anand1560

Maama mia...its been almost 2 years i last visited this heaven!
Redang Island without any doubt is the one of the must see place in the world when comes to white sandy beach, cristal clear sea, snorckeling, scuba diving, night vishing, some romantic outing and etc etc.
I was ther for my vacation, even my work sound vacation everytime i travel around the world but i have no time some time for site seeing, but this is my true vacation. On the second day i jumped up with Malaysian Karate team, they are preparing for This years south east Asia games and next years Asian Games in Qatar. I know the athletes and coach well. , end up doing some team building program for them...and that was fun!
As usual i was snorckeling ...i dont know exactly how many hours i spend floating on the water, exploring some new places in snorckeling...that was amazing site!!
Nite fishing...i mean its fishing not something else!!!! jungle trecking, swimming along baby sharks....no no im not kidding....its baby sharks alright?
Than my favourite thing....walking along so called virgin beach with your naked foot.....yes naked....no sandle!!! Ha ha ha!!
Conclussion.....Simply great!!!

Redang Island..the paradise

by Anand1560

Maama mia...its been almost 2 years i last visited this heaven!
Conclussion.....Simply great!!!

Redang Island, Malaysia

by LinWencheng

"Recognized as the rainbow-hued jewel in Terengganu's amazing crown of islands, you can't visit Terengganu and not take a trip out to Redang." - quoted from The Lonely Planet.

The largest of Terengganu's archipelagos, Pulau Redang is one of the few marine parks in Malaysia and therefore its underwater inhabitants are protected by the Fisheries Act (1985). No fishing is to be carried out within a 3.2 km radius of the island and this has given Pulau Redang's marine habitats ample space to grow.

I made a trip to Redang Island from 18 Apr to 22 Apr 2002. Our group comprised of 12 enthusiastic persons: San San, Susan, Phay San, Phay Yun, Sherbell, Hsiao Ping, Eleen, Lois, Philip, Kian Kiong, Shu Yah and I, a total of 9 girls and 3 guys.

We departed from Lavender bus station at 2005 on 18 Apr 2002 and we reached Kuala Terengganu at 0600 the next day. As ferry will only operate from 0900, we were transferred to a traveller's café where we had our breakfast and our 3 hours wait. When we reached the jetty, we boarded a speedboat to Pulau Redang. We had the speedboat by ourselves (excluding the captain & his assistant). The sea journey was unbelievable; the speedboat had 2 powerful engines and combining this with the super rough wave, what we ended up was a swift but unbelievably bumpy ride. Me and a few others were thrown up-down-left-right and we had to hold tightly to the side of the boat for an hour! Och … we felt as if our internal organs had shifted their position but still we managed to chat and crack a few jokes along the way.

When we reached the Redang Lagoon resort, oh no … there was no jetty! We had to walk through the swallow water and at the same time balancing and ensuring that our luggage did not get wet, needless to say our pants were all wet. We had our lunch while waiting at the reception area to check-in to our rooms. The area was very warm and the service was terrible and worse of all we had to wait for 4 long hours in the heat. Luckily by now all of us already had our minds tuned to accept this hardship in anticipation of the crystal clear blue sea, brilliant underwater world.....

At 1400 hours we gathered near the beach and were taught how to use life jackets, snorkelling equipments and a short lecture on "dos and don'ts while in the sea".

Our first destination was to a snorkelling site with lots of corals reefs and fishes. The fishes weren't afraid of us, instead they swam towards us in curiosity and the experience was wonderful. We had a more than an hour of snorkelling session and the boats brought us back to the resort. After taking our afternoon tea, we continued our sea experience near the resort.

The beach near our resort is a special one, there are 2 fundamentally-different beaches, to the left was one with strong wave but crystal clear water (no corals or reefs) and to the right with milder wave but full of coral reefs and underwater creatures. All of us played with the strong wave and really enjoyed it. We then took a good relaxed shower and rested.

Before the BBQ dinner is served, we went on a short tour ourselves understanding the surrounding and had taken a few sunset photos. The BBQ dinner experience was also unexpected, everyone rushed to get food and stormed to the BBQ pit, I didn't blame them, all must be hungry at this time. We too had to rush for food, grab anything that is edible and fried it immediately. Well this hardship certainly brought all my tour mates together as we co-operated to find table, grab food, grab drinks and then talked and joked about everything that has happened during the day.

We then walked along the beach and found some jelly fishes glowing in blue, beautiful! The sky was very clear and I managed to sight the Orion-Stars and the North-Stars, this is quite rare as these 2 star formations normally do not appear on the same hemisphere. We then bought some souvenirs and later that night we played cards and othello (reversi), while promising each other that we were to get up at 0630 the next day to witness the sun rise.

20 Apr 2002, all of my tour mates got up and were on the beach at 0630. Unfortunately there were large clouds that blocked the sun. Our operation to witness sun rise failed.

Our life guard Joe brought his monkey to cheer us up, we played with his monkey and took some photos. I, the unlucky guy got bitten and scratched by it, and yes I was injured, and had to wear my watch on my right hand for a few days, that stupid #$!@* monkey..... We then explored the area and took our breakfast (yes, we had to again rush and grab food).

At 0900 we gathered near the beach to proceed to the next snorkelling site. The sea was 10 meters deep and beneath the water were splendid coral gardens filled with corals both hard and soft and foliose in the shallower regions. I had always wanted to dive directly from the boat into the sea and this time I did just that. It was not as difficult as I thought, fun move.

Too bad that area was filled with jelly fish (lightly poisonous) and other sea bugs, me and my friends got bitten all over our bodies. Sherbell even had a bite on her lips (a kiss?), it must be painful. To make matters worse, because of the rough wave about half of the people (20+) were sea sick and many of them vomited. The life guard quickly asked everyone to return to the boat and return to the resort. Luckily none of my tour mates were affected. When we got back I quickly requested Joe (our life guard) to give me some fresh lime so that my tour mates can apply on their "jelly fish" wounds, Sherbell's wound on her lips had also recovered shortly after.

We continued to play with the waves at the beach before preparing ourselves for the next snorkelling experience. At 1400 we proceed to the Marine Park Research Center. In the Research Center there was a skeleton of a huge whale and some nice corals. The turtles hatchery center was also situated here, we initially thought that there were going to be many turtles and we were able to play with them, the reality kicks in and we only saw 2 pathetic little turtle and were told that we cannot even touch them..... :(

In the Marine Park, a giant Garoupa was found here, under one of the big table-like corals, you have to imagine how big it is but I am sure it has no problem swallowing 2 humans. Another good thing about this place was that there was no sand-flies, sea bugs or sea urchins.

When we were back at the resort, we went straight to the sea. Together with Joe the life guard, we went far into the deep sea. This is one of the most exciting time of my trip there, I actually got to see a lot of under-water sea creatures. First of all some squids-like fishes, I'm telling you, they swim in a straight line formation unlike the other fishes, very disciplined, that's the beauty of nature!

There's even a Baby Shark area which I thought was a joke till I saw 2 baby sharks swimming together. I was told that more baby sharks were sighted and I jokingly told Sherbell that the mother sharks will come back to join their babies very soon...... Later, I found out that they were White Tip Reef Sharks. Lois even sighted some sea turtles, too bad the other tour mates and I did not have this luck. Lastly I have seen a huge (huge, 2 meters long) eel 30 feet under the sea, which at first I though it was a huge snake, then it swam slowly around the reefs and looked a little clumsy. Later when I told Joe about this, he said he has seen eels about 2 times bigger.... wow!

With all these swimming wearing my life jacket and snorkelling mask, I got scratches at my shoulders and they slowed down my speed, worse still I couldn't even dive. I promised myself that I will not wear these things on my next dive.

Here's the Highlight of the Sightings

· Turtles: 1 (by Lois only)
· Puffer fish: 2
· Lion fish: 2
· Frog fish: 1 (I was very lucky)
· Giant Garoupa (1.5meters long): 1
· Giant eel (2 meters long): 1
· Baby sharks: 2 (Sherbell has seen 6, and Lois even more)
· Little jelly fish: Lots of them, appears to be the season
· Other unknown fishes: tons of them
After dinner we again went around to explore and found ourselves a children play ground somewhere near Redang Bay Resort. I had not played the swing for about a decade now, but well, I found that I am still okay with the skill. Phay San was quite good in this as she swung high and fast. The see-saw was modern and fun, we had 5 persons on it and it still didn't break.... ha-ha, I'm a 29 year old kid.

We then moved on to an open-air karaoke lounge and listen to music while chatting with each other, with the sky so clear it was really a peaceful and relaxed night. We also had a few rounds of reversi, blackjack, carrom and congkat.

At night the girls saw a big lizard (1 foot long and I am serious) clinging on their room's ceiling, they obviously shouted for help and our hero Kian Kiong was quick to chase it out. He was a guy who doesn't afraid of small creatures, a cheer for him!

21 Apr 2002, 0630. All of us woke up (except Lois) without any agreement to see the sun rise again. We waited and waited but this time round there were lesser clouds and we finally able to see the beautiful sun rise. Take a look at our photos!

It was low tide and while we were walking on the beach (the sand felt like fine flour), we saw some small fishes struggling on the sand. This is when we started the rescue operation. We made two sand ponds and put the struggling fishes into the ponds. We must have rescued about 50 fishes altogether. I’m one of the rescue. We continued this operation until it started to rain. It was also breakfast time. After breakfast, we went straight into the water. This is our last day and is a free and easy one. We played with the strong waves like the day before. It was very fun; jumping into the oncoming waves which can be taller than me (my favourite) and jumping with the back facing the waves feeling the waves rushing onto your body etc … … After a while, we proceed to the other beach to see the baby sharks again. This time round, I went without the life jacket and I dive into the sea. After a while when we were tired of the swimming & snokelling, we went back for the waves.

After lunch, San San, Susan, Shu Yah and me proceed to explore the unknown beach on the right of our resort. We found some shops, a small village and a beautiful wooden bridge and we took some photos there.

At 1400 we returned to Kuala Terengganu by speedboat. We were split into 3 groups and all had different experiences. We were again transferred to the traveller’s café as we would be taking the 2030 coach. We decided to go to “The Store” (supermarket). We bought some drinks and food there and proceed for dinner at Pizza Hut.

21 Apr 2002, 0930. We reached Lavender bus station (Singapore) and had dim sum breakfast together before we bid goodbyes.

Overall it was a very interesting trip and the place was beautiful. If you don't believe me, go take a look at our photos!

I look forward for another trip to Terengganu but it will be to Pulau Perhentian which I was told is even more beautiful.

Pulau Redang Island & Merang

by victorwkf

More information and photographs on Pulau Redang island and Merang are at my VT Pulau Redang and Kampung Merang pages respectively.

Pulau Redang island, MalaysiaPulau Redang island, Malaysia

Palau Redang island, MalaysiaPalau Redang island, Malaysia

Pasir Panjang beach, Redang Island, Malaysia.Pasir Panjang beach, Redang Island, Malaysia.

redand and gemia island

by superplunky

my husband and i are going to the laguna redang for 7 nights in july and would like to go to gem island resort for 5 nights please can anyone give me tips and advice on both resorts and also about doing the padi when in redang?

Redang Island

by matthewmerrington

I was wondering what Jetty or mainland town serves Redang Island? Is it also KTG?

RE: Redang Island

by Amis_Amis

you might wanna check out the following website which provides pretty good detail. Kuala Trengganu is the main town serving most trip to the outlying island off the Trengganu coast.

RE: Redang Island

by bckl2255

MERANG Jetty serves as the departure point to Redang & Lang Tengah islands
Nearest town/airport would be Kuala Terengganu. Town to Merang takes about 1 hour by taxi. Airport to Merang is about 30 min by taxi.

Redang resorts

by faridah

Hi All...
I am planning to go redang in june. I have been told that pasir panjang is the best beach in redang in terms of things to see when snorkelling. I am now looking for a nice place to stay(not the expensive ones). So, I am looking at Redang Reef And Redang Bay?
Anyone been there?
How are the rooms and toilets?Are they clean?
I am very worried about the cleanliness.
I appreciate any other tips and advice on the resorts in redang or anything else about the island.

Thanks a million.
Faridah : )

Re: Redang resorts

by vigi

Redang is very clean, don't worry, usually mulims are very clean. The wash the hands often, and keep the house clean, normally shoes not al the bunglows.

The best snorkelling place is Mrine Park. Entrance fee RM10 (or RM5? I forgot), worth it!

Re: Re: Redang resorts

by wufei

RM 5

Re: Redang resorts

by jennyen

Dear Faridah,

For your info, both resort is not bad.. if you really concern about cleaniness.. maybe you can try the new resort - Laguna redang, coz is new that's why is clean :) But anyway, you will only need the toilet at the nite time.. coz most of your time is in the crystal clear water :P enjoy your trip

regards,