Lake Kenyir Resort & Spa Terengganu

Agoda.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 15% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Kuala Terengganu

the prophet's mosque in medina..the prophet's mosque in medina..

Pasar PayangPasar Payang

the opening hole #1...the opening hole #1...

TrishawTrishaw

Tanjong Jara Help!

by chrisjdurber

Hi Guys! We're very much looking forward to coming over in March 2006, weve read some dodgy reviews About the Tanjong jara but we're hoping it will be a great stay!

has anyone had any experience of the rooms, servcie etc etc also and it may sound silly but does anyone know if the shop on site sells things like water and cigarettes?

Any ideas for the area would be great also whats the weather like at the beginning of march?

Cheers

Chris

RE: Tanjong Jara Help!

by ganray

Dear Chris,
Just Go!!
I went there last year and found that: this is the best resort/ hotel in Terengganu State.
I am now doing business in Kuala Terengganu, a town which is about 80km away from Tanjong Jara resort. And I have visited nearly all of the hotel around these area... Still, Tanjong Jara is the BesT!
Water?? you mean beer/ wine ?? you can find near the town named Dungun, just 3km away from the resort.( If you want cheaper price...) the resort have all ... but cigarettes...?? I'm not so sure about it... Because I don't smoke at all.
Weather for March would be Okay...1 1/2 month just after the monsoon season, But if possible please come around May or June: Hot sun!!! July and August would be great as well!!!
feel free to email me at: ganray@yahoo.com
Once again, I'd like to say: Tanjong Jara is the best hotel I've ever stay...(Terengganu State, Malaysia)

Travel Tips for Kuala Terengganu

If You Like To Paint...

by imran8852

The fishing village is ideal for nature lover. If you like to paint, maybe you should bring along your stuff and do the painting on the spot…or at least don’t forget to bring your camera! The Beaches!

Pulau Sekati, Sungai Terengganu

by muddybok

This is a real "Off The Beaten Path" location and I found this place by accident. Of course by spending extra time finding this bridge let me found out the origin of keropok losong/lekor as well.

I was turning into so called exit road after visiting the museum and found out the alternate road was locked. I noticed one beautiful mosque across the river, so I got down to take some pictures of the river. Then I saw a wooden bridge up stream about 1/2 km from my location. My travel pal (& navigator) suggest that we should find out the bridge and basing on our navigation skills gained so far, we think it should be one exit before the museum. After spending about 10 mins with multiple attempts and reversing of car, I present to you these pictures.

This is some kind of cheap trills I enjoyed during my road trips by checking out some ordinary places with extraordinary scenery.

Laman Maziah

by mansionion

Laman Maziah (Maziah's Compound) is a small park outside the perimeter fencing of Istana Maziah. Unlike the usual forbidden palace garden in the old days, Laman Maziah is open to all for leisurely walk around the palace compound.

Within the park, apart from the usual trees and plants, there is also a small pavilion and a Tepak Sirih monument. As tepak sirih (a small tray used to keep betel nut leaves and its condiments) is a common welcoming symbol in Malay culture, the monument is no doubt a sign of welcome to all visitors of the palace's park.

Keropok Losong/Lekor@Terengganu

by muddybok

Keropok lekor is actually evolved from keropok losong which contain more fish meat than flours. Keropok losong is originated from Kampung Losong near the State Museum of Terengganu. Keropok losong is good to eat even just after the cooking process is completed. Kerepok Lekor needs to be fried in order to cover the over-powering taste of excessive flours.

I bought few ringgits of steamed keropok losong to take away with some chili sauce especially for keropok. My travel pal (cum navigator) was distracted by nasi dagang store and we stop by for the nasi & carnage the keropok at the nasi dagang store as well. The store owner is so friendly and allows us to use his utensil for our keporok chili sauce and spare our finger from the heat of the keropok. The size of uncut keropok looks like ehem but this one is very chewy.

I hope this tip will not get deleted because of my suggestive comment on keropok. Click on 2nd picture for more chewy pleasure.

The East Coast

by SayItAsItIs

"Kuala Terengganu Beaches"

The east coast of Malaysia is known for its beautiful and clean beaches. Not to be missed for those who appreciate and enjoy sandy beaches. Just plan ahead to avoid the monsoon season as the sea can get a bit rough

Comments