Pulau Lang Tengah Hotels

Our Members Say

• RAVINDRAN72 profile photo RAVINDRAN72
  • Reviews: 26

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

D'Coconut Lagoon: Budget hotel with great food!

During the off peak season ,you can have the Island to yourself. Laze in the cafe the whole day if you want to or walk the sandy beaches from end to end while waiting for the snorkeling trips which comes with the 3D2N package. The buffet food was good and deserts were great and they even had extra when it was finished by the first round.

But when my sister went there a few months later she said there were mosquitoes....seasonal mosquitoes? And since it was school holidays the teenagers were rushing for food at the buffet and the management changed to ala cart for the duration of this again seasonal guest. So plan a trip when you can have the Island to yourself at the most reasonable off season price.

• Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 8, 2012

D'coconut Lagoon: Cool and cozy resort

In my opinion this is the most ideal place to stay on Lang Tengah...especially when you are traveling with family and kids. This is the place we wanted to stay at first, but booking was made on the last minute so the place was full. Anyway, had a good time checking out this place. It has two wings...east and west...both wings seemed very nice to me. They looked so relaxing. These two wings are separated by something like a cove...but they are both easily accessible through a nice looking jungle trek. Had fun walking along it's jungle trek with some flowers and chickens at sight.

The resort is clean, looking at the guests there...they all seemed very happy...environment was also nice here...it has that jungle resort feel and the staff were very friendly too. The only issue was the beach...the resort has two area of private beaches...west and east...both are small...but I wouldn't look at it as a major problem.

The 3d2n package here is so reasonable and most importantly it has more facilities such as swimming pool, a really cool restaurant with cozy ambience, you'll found lazy chairs on the beach under some trees and other resort facilities too. I'm definitely going to make an advanced booking the next time :)

• Written August 11, 2010

D'Coconut Lagoon Resort

Lang Sari Resort: Good for those forever not in the room

We stayed in an ocean view room. The view was really good, I can see the ocean from inside the room itself through the two-doors sliding. Lang Sari only have few ocean view rooms...4 I think, and all equipped with a quite comfy table and chair placed right in front of each room.

The room seemed clean. There's a wooden bed, one-door wooden wardrobe, a dressing table, side table with a night lamp, aircond and a clothes hanger. Bed, pillows and blanket seemed clean too. However, I strongly believe there were some bed bugs on the mattress since on the last day there I was getting this tiny red itchy marks on my legs.

As for the toilet, those who are really into hygiene might not tolerate the toilet here. I feel they can clean them much better. There's a small sink, shower, water pipe and a seating toilet...nothing fancy.

What I love most here was the view, since my room was a beach front and the resort has a long stretch of beach with a tiny jetty.

• Written August 11, 2010

Ocean view room...

Lang Sari Resort: If you only need a place to crash in

Lang Sari is a very simple resort offering basic facilities. It's located next to D'Coconut Lagoon. There are four sea view rooms and the rest with garden view. There's a restaurant, but it doesn't open all the time. It would be best to take a full board package inclusive of land transfer from Kuala Terengganu - Merang Jetty, return boat transfer, meals and also accommodation.

The food served here was quite tasty. In case you get hungry in between meals (pls take note that the full board package inclusive of strictly breakfast, lunch and dinner) you can just walk to D'Coconut Lagoon and try out their restaurant.

I would recommend this place to those who are only looking for a place to crash in and spend the rest of their time outside. There's an electric cut out from 9.00 am - 12.00 pm, then again from 3.00 pm - 5.00 pm. It wasn't a big problem for me and hubby since we were forever not in the room!!!

For those with kids, babies or planning to take your entire family here I won't really recommend this place. You might be better off at either D'Coconut Lagoon or Redang Lang. They have a more friendly and conducive environment for children and other family members, but I should remind you that the beach in front of Redang Lang can be quite crammed at times.

Toilet in the room wasn't that 100% clean, tolerable as I would rather put it. There's also canoes for rental here. It's only RM25 for two hours.

• Written August 9, 2010

Lang Sari Resort...just before sunset

• yurijade profile photo yurijade
  • Reviews: 41

D'Coconut Lagoon Resort: Hotel with the swimming pool

I made a booking through Ping Anchorage for 3D2N snorkeling stay in this hotel inclusive of 2B/2L/2D for RM359 (Standard Room). The staff are friendly and helpful. The divers are a jolly lot. Just tell them you don't know how to swim before the snorkeling trip, they will bring a life buoy and accompany through out your snorkeling.
The shower is not good though. Imagine halfway bathing no water, then got to wait a while before water starts to flow again.

I love the swimming pool. Surprisingly the water is warm when I go in. There are 2 pools in this resort. One is in the East Wing and the other is in the West Wing. The West Wing swimming pool has jacuzzi.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 9, 2007

DCoconut Lagoon Resort East Wing

• juliewong profile photo juliewong
  • Reviews: 169

Redang Lang Resort: Simple accomodation

I had a pleasant stay.
48 basic guestrooms with clean beddings, attached bathroom which is quite spacious and each room comes with air condition. Not all rooms have hot shower.
The beach fronts has deck chairs for resort guests to sit back and relax.

• Written May 9, 2007

• Ze_Succubus profile photo Ze_Succubus
  • Reviews: 8

D'Coconut Lagoon: Small Comfort

D'coconut is in smallish resort with 2 pools, you really should try to stay at the West Wing cos the cheaper East Wing is unfortunately occupied by spitting, beng-ish and noisy locals. The staff were super nice, the room and pool clean enough, food was alright, cocktails were yummy every night but it's not a 4 star resort but it's the nicest I've been to in the area.

The beaches at the resort were mighty sad and we had to get through rocks, dead coral, plants and a 10 min walk to find our lil piece of heaven. That bit of the island made everything worth it. We saw a 1.5m black tip shark, large-ish turtle and clown fish. The sand was soft and white, the water clear and azreal blue and there was no one else but us, it really was heavenly.

Was sad to learn that Blue Coral Resort is now closed, the reefs are dying and it's seriously freaking me out cos I know how beautiful it was when I visited 3 years back.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written April 2, 2007

View from our room

• cgf profile photo cgf
  • Reviews: 13

Redang Lang Island Resort: Redang Lang Island Resort

I've been here August 2006.
I believe is one of the best place where your money (not much actually) are well spent IF (of course must be an IF) you like Malay cuisine
I saw an European girl who ate ONLY watermelon for three days, she was happy when she left and not because she lost some weight

I found there very friendly people.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 10, 2006

• JCCAPR profile photo JCCAPR
  • Reviews: 1

D' Coconut Lagoon: Best accommodation on Lang tengah

Spent two nights there with my husband and three young daughters during the June school holidays recently. I am compiled to join virtual tourist as member and contribute my part. Thanks to you all members. Your review helped me to make a good choice. The resort is only 2 and a half yrs old - relatively new. There are two wings. The newer west wing is only two months old. Theres a 'jungle' path which is well lit (even at night) betw two wings. Pleasant slow walk of about 500 steps. The service is superb and staff friendly. As we are not big eaters, we opted for ala carte. The waitress was sensible enough to ask us to pre-order at least two hours before meal time. That makes us not having to wait and have hot food. Food was good - the local fare. Fish was fresh, though beef was tough.Snokelling - East wing beach is better for snorkelling (safe too) Saw black-tip sharks and of course other marine life. Some other guests spotted turtles too. As with most malaysian islands not much live corals but managed to spot some. The only complain is the toilet seat does not fit toilet bowl, so can be irritating sometimes.

Rooms- aircon, 24-hr electricity , comfortable though basic ( and mospuito free).Quiet nice surrounding amid the jungle. Can see bigh monitor lizards and spider webs. Nice swimming pool. Beach shady and a little sandy wiith some litter of broken corals. But the shallow waters were full of broken corals. Good to laze & sleep on the shady beach. Good dive instructor. First dive there for us. Good experience.
Bring insect repellant and mosquito repellent patch as resort is next to jungle. May come in handy.

Stay at west wing - you can also walk to the other stretch of beach next door where Square Point is. That,s a good spot to snorkel. Quite different from Redang Island. If you want sandy beaches head for the noisy and crowded Redang Island.

Many overseas guests.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Family Travel
  • Written June 14, 2006

• bladedragon profile photo bladedragon
  • Reviews: 301

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

D'Coconut Lagoon Resort (DCL): D'Coconut Lagoon Resort (DCL)

The staff there were friendly, we got to know one of them quite well and he taught us many things about snorkelling and diving.

3D2N Domestic Package at D'Coconut Lagoon (Standard Room for 2 person)
RM 340.00 X 2P = RM 680.00
RM 40.00 X 2P = RM 80.00 ( Malaysian Public Holiday )
RM 40.00 X 2P = RM 80.00 ( Return Land Transfer /Terminal Bus Station )
Total = RM 865.20 ( 3% pay by credit card )
Package includes:
* Aircond accommodation with 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 dinner and welcome drink
* Return boat transfer and 2 Snorkelling trips around Lang Tengah Island
* Free flow of hot beverages (excluding alcoholic & carbonated drinks)

You can see sunset from this place, but you gotta climb some rock formation protruding towards the sea.
Can't really say the same for sunrise, but if you're not that particular, you can still enjoy it after it rises from above the trees, just on the opposite side from the same spot.
Just take a look at my pics, and you'll know what I mean.

• Written May 16, 2006

DCL east wing at night

• lovebeach profile photo lovebeach
  • Reviews: 37

D'Coconut Lang Tengah: Supposedly The Quality Accommodation

We chose this resort because Blue Coral was closed for renovation. From the pixs on internet, I thought it looks good.

I must say the room pixs were very well taken. Too well taken to the extent that I was disappointed when I stepped in. We took a Deluxe High Room, which meant East Wing Room on the 2nd floor. I expected the room to be brightly lit as shown in the pix. But I was wrong. Besides a ceiling light, it had only 1 bedside lamp that was very dimly lit. My beach holidays were always about eat, sleep, snorkell and read. The dreams of me doing any reading was smashed when I saw the lamp. Anyway, the book was such a good read that I ploughed myself extremely close to the lamp in the night so that I could read.

Night was not very easy for me. The air-con didn't work well even though we alerted the staff about it. They tried but still it felt like 25 degrees Celsius though we programmed it to 19 degrees, which is the minimum. We looked forward to the morning when the morning breeze felt much cooler than the air-con.

Power is off from 3-5pm every day. So no air-con/lights in the room during this time. It's alright for most people cos the boat brought us out for snorkelling during this time. And even though they stated that power was off, during my 1 week stay there, it only happened once. The rest of the week are more like a 15mins power failure thingy.

There are 2 wings, East Wing and West Wing. Guests from neither wings hardly pop by as it meant having to do a 5 mins trek. Have attached a photo to show you how the path looks. Yeah, 5 mins trek is nothing. Not until you have seen the spiders there. They are huge and they build their cobwebs in the middle of the path. You'll have to swat down to go under the cobwebs to pass through.

The West Wing was still under renovation in May 2006. The bungalows were not ready, the jacuzzi tile was chipped and that the jacuzzi was not working, the pool in the West Wing looked dirty. I was glad that I stayed at the East Wing.

From the dining area of both wings, you get a great view of the sea and the pool. There is a pool in each wing. The minimum depth is 1.4m as such. There is no resort shop to buy anything. Don't even think 'Spa'.

There are Standard, Superior, Deluxe Low, Deluxe High, Executive Deluxe and Bungalows. Standard rooms are small rooms located above the East Wing restaurant. Pack in 3 persons and there is no walking space. Refer to 'Restaurant View from Deluxe High Room' pix. The top row of windows are where the standard rooms are. For Superior, it's the bottom row of rooms, a few steps away from the deck chairs. For Deluxe Low, it is the bottom row of 5 rooms facing the pool. Refer to 'Pool View from Restaurant' pix. For Deluxe High, it is the top row of 5 rooms facing the pool.

Deluxe High came with a clean bathtub and shower area. Clean white towels are provided daily and soap bars too. Anything else, BYO.

The staff is really great and hospitable. When we got there, they let us choose our room. I didn't expect this kind of service, even from any 5-star city hotel, not to mention a resort. There was lots of other small gestures they did, eg. I was walking barefooted on dead corals trying to get back to the dive centre. One of the staff saw me and quickly offered me his flip flop. Anyway, if I were to ever go back there again, it will be because of the staff and the pool, nothing else.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written May 12, 2006

Pool View from Restaurant

• yukisanto profile photo yukisanto
  • Reviews: 196

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

budget hotel: When u are stuck in terrenganu waiting for bus

If you are like most travelers, who return from the islands to merang jetty and terrenganu town and still have time to kill before taking the night bus, there is a budget hotel which you might want to consider. It's beside Ping Anchorage, a blue door. Go up the stairs to the second storey (they call it 1st level) to the reception. For a half day, they charge you RM40 for a 4 beds room or less for smaller room. Common toilet and dinning area. But the room is great for waiting out the time and resting before going on yoru way again. New, airconditioned, clean, even comes with a TV, standing fan and dresser table. Towels provided.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 19, 2006

That blue door beside Ping Anchorage

• yukisanto profile photo yukisanto
  • Reviews: 196

Square Point Resort: Basic but adequate

Living quarters were basic but adequate, considering the cheap price. We paid about RM300 per person (3beds to a room) for 3D2N full board(2BF, 2L, 2TB, 2D), including ferry to/fro merang jetty and 2 guided snorkelling trips and add RM25 for snorkelling gear rental for whole trip and RM5 for entrance to marine park.

No amenities such as shops or activities. Bring your own food if you are the sort who will snack or eat supper. Only activities are the volleyball court, sitting at the deck and reading or suntanning, guided jungle trekking and snorkelling. Room has water heater shower, airconditioned and clean beds. In my room, one of the two lightbulbs was not working, but I guess I'm fortunate, since one of my friends' room leaked when it rained. (we were on the second level of the wooden lodge)

The place is best if you want a quiet retreat. The resort consists only of a few huts and wooden buildings at the beach. Beyond that is the jungle. So this is really a simple, basic place to chill.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written April 18, 2006

The lodges

• micropiglet profile photo micropiglet
  • Reviews: 12

Square Point Resort: Stunning Natural Beauty

The Island is breathtaking. If you are looking for the perfect 'white sand and aquamarine water' then this is the place! The square point resort (and all the others on the island, of which there are only four) offer packages, for several nights. The rooms were comfy, and perfectly adequate. A word of caution about the food-it is seriously uninspired, and as the packages are full board, you had better like island scenery, otherwise you may feel let down by the culinary offerings. No al-la-carte menu, so really, it's eating because you have to, rather than because you want to!

Fautless views, and very quiet.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches
  • Written February 11, 2006

Nikko on the beach.

• Restless-in-kl profile photo Restless-in-kl
  • Reviews: 428

D'Coconut Lagoon Resort: Pulau Lang Tengah's Jewel

D’Coconut Lagoon Resort comes with great rooms, fabulous food, breathtaking views and personalised service and attention. It’s where the staff know your name.

Need to book in advance as they only have 21 rooms which consists of standard, deluxe and junior family suites.

Even though there is a beautiful private beach that's just for hotel guests, there is a well-maintained pool as well. The pool deck is big and there is a cool breeze all day. A perfect place to read, snooze and get a great tan.

Recommended for those looking for a fun, fuss-free holiday.

- Private beach with clear warm waters
- Big pool
- Comfy, spacious rooms with hot water and air condition
- Great views with cool spots to chill like the pool bar and on top of the boulders, here's where you can appreciate the moon, stars (very romantic)

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling