Moonlight Chalet

ryanuar's Profile Photo

Cheap & friendly

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 24, 2008

Have a veriaty of rooms, with an option of beach view..but a bit old, require a few upgrading...but ur not supposed to stay indoors right...would come back again..

Unique Quality: basic facilities, but with a good cafe....& great view

BOYCOTT IT

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 27, 2008

I urge all of you foreigners NOT to stay in this ruined chalet as you can get way better deals and activities if you walk further down the stretch of Long Beach. I as a LOCAL traveller am extremely dissapointed with Moonlight as they have begun to get very cocky and arrogant with us (I went in June2008) and ONLY accept foreign walk-in guests. This I believe is totally unfair as back in the days when the island was not so popular amongst international travellers (2002-2005), they would allow us to stay. They would even call us from our hometown to get us to visit during our holidays! I have collected this information from other local travellers this year and also had to experience this unfortunate incident where the check-in counter told us there were no more rooms for the day and could actually confirm to another foreign guest who walked in after us that the rooms will be released by mid-morning (where he-she did not realise that we were still within earshot to hear that!!).APALLING!!. Plenty of other excellent chalets within the same budget (or LESS) on the same beach such as Mohsin, Panorama, Matahari and Chempaka Chalets. Try them and enjoy!

Moonlight - nice quiet place at end of the beach

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 19, 2006

These chalets are right at the end of the beach so its more quiet the other resorts. For rm50 a night its just a basic room, poor lighting (forget abt reading any books), the toilet light wasnt working and no heater, so i had cold showers in the dark with the toilet door opened . Wonderful. Very basic and simple room, so simple it didnt even come with toilet lights. ha.

Nightly bbq fish dinner which is pretty yummy and value for money as the bbq fish portion is huge. By my stomach standards. Have to walk across the dark unlit beach to the other resorts if you fancy checking them out, which can be bit unnerving if u are on ur own and have an active imagination.

There was this huge monitor lizard which made a slow walk past my room one morning n just freaked me out. Had visions of being bitten, immobilised and then gnawed to death. That's the thing abt moonlight, its at the edge of the beach, next to the jungle so it prob immerged from there.

Staff (well actually one in pacticular) were quite friendly, seeing that i was a lone female traveller, n introduced me to other travellers so i wudnt have to eat my meals alone haha. Full of irreverent n bizzare humour but still quite nice.

Overall - ok if you're not too fussy, dont mind cold dark showersand want some peace n quiet from the maddening crowd. Prob the broken toilet light was a one off thing. hopefully.

One thing i must add, perhentian kecil is packed mainly with caucasian young backpackers, very different crowd from redang n every night i was there, they had a bonfire going. So overall it had this hippie atmosphere, but anyway i was there just for the diving and that's a whole other story.

Yezber's Profile Photo

Nice view down the beach

by written on May 20, 2003

Nice place with a restaurant, book exchange and rooms at different price levels (prices ranging from MYR 12 - 50 depending on season and quality).
The cheapest cottages are in the back with the mosquitoes and toilet/bath is shared. The best rooms are facing the beach and have their own bathrooms.

Nearby Moonlight Chalet

Moonlight Chalet

• Moonlight Chalet Hotel Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Address: Lot 16, Terengganu, 22300, Malaysia

1 Photo of Moonlight Chalet

Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Forum

Need advice about Pulau Perhentian Kecil, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Pulau Perhentian Kecil and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Pulau Perhentian Kecil hotel reviews