Moonlight Chalet

Lot 16, Terengganu, 22300, Malaysia

Satisfaction Terrible

• ryanuar's Profile Photo

Cheap & friendly

Have a veriaty of rooms, with an option of beach view..but a bit old, require a few upgrading...but ur not supposed to stay indoors right...would come back again..

Unique Quality: basic facilities, but with a good cafe....& great view

• BOYCOTT IT

I urge all of you foreigners NOT to stay in this ruined chalet as you can get way better deals and activities if you walk further down the stretch of Long Beach. I as a LOCAL traveller am extremely dissapointed with Moonlight as they have begun to get very cocky and arrogant with us (I went in June2008) and ONLY accept foreign walk-in guests. This I believe is totally unfair as back in the days when the island was not so popular amongst international travellers (2002-2005), they would allow us to stay. They would even call us from our hometown to get us to visit during our holidays! I have collected this information from other local travellers this year and also had to experience this unfortunate incident where the check-in counter told us there were no more rooms for the day and could actually confirm to another foreign guest who walked in after us that the rooms will be released by mid-morning (where he-she did not realise that we were still within earshot to hear that!!).APALLING!!. Plenty of other excellent chalets within the same budget (or LESS) on the same beach such as Mohsin, Panorama, Matahari and Chempaka Chalets. Try them and enjoy!

• Moonlight - nice quiet place at end of the beach

These chalets are right at the end of the beach so its more quiet the other resorts. For rm50 a night its just a basic room, poor lighting (forget abt reading any books), the toilet light wasnt working and no heater, so i had cold showers in the dark with the toilet door opened . Wonderful. Very basic and simple room, so simple it didnt even come with toilet lights. ha.

Nightly bbq fish dinner which is pretty yummy and value for money as the bbq fish portion is huge. By my stomach standards. Have to walk across the dark unlit beach to the other resorts if you fancy checking them out, which can be bit unnerving if u are on ur own and have an active imagination.

There was this huge monitor lizard which made a slow walk past my room one morning n just freaked me out. Had visions of being bitten, immobilised and then gnawed to death. That's the thing abt moonlight, its at the edge of the beach, next to the jungle so it prob immerged from there.

Staff (well actually one in pacticular) were quite friendly, seeing that i was a lone female traveller, n introduced me to other travellers so i wudnt have to eat my meals alone haha. Full of irreverent n bizzare humour but still quite nice.

Overall - ok if you're not too fussy, dont mind cold dark showersand want some peace n quiet from the maddening crowd. Prob the broken toilet light was a one off thing. hopefully.

One thing i must add, perhentian kecil is packed mainly with caucasian young backpackers, very different crowd from redang n every night i was there, they had a bonfire going. So overall it had this hippie atmosphere, but anyway i was there just for the diving and that's a whole other story.

• Yezber's Profile Photo

Nice view down the beach

Nice place with a restaurant, book exchange and rooms at different price levels (prices ranging from MYR 12 - 50 depending on season and quality).
    The cheapest cottages are in the back with the mosquitoes and toilet/bath is shared. The best rooms are facing the beach and have their own bathrooms.

More about Moonlight Chalet

Pulau Perhentian resort.

by kimmo_v about Pulau Perhentian resort.

120RM up to 230RM. Best beach on the island but on the neighbour(Coral View) you will get better food for reasonable price.

Clean, very comfortable

by anoum about Shari-La Resort

We went to Pulau Perhentian Kecil on a packaged trip booked from Forever Travel Butterworth. But later I found out that the travel agent contracted our group's booking to another travel agency, Forever Best, based in Penang. I don't know why. There were 14 of us and we travelled in a coach with 2 other families who had also booked through Forever Travel BW.

We paid RM498 each and it covered everything-transport (BW-Kuala Besut-P.Perhentian Kecil two-way, 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 dinner, snorkelling equipment and trips). Definitely worth the money.

The resort feels and looks 3-star. Its standard chalet (2 persons) is advertised outside the entrance at RM280 per night (with 2 breakfast). There is deluxe (3 persons) and family (4 persons). The room is rather small but there is enough space to be comfortable. Has cable TV.

Its buffet breakfast is rated satisfactory. We had lunch and dinner at Amelia Cafe where they serve good Malay food. The only 3-star accommodation at this bay. Very friendly staff although not so efficient. I also rate them as honest as I could recover my shoes that I left behind in another chalet a day earlier. I had to change chalet as the water heater in the 1st chalet didn't work.

Very clean place. The bathrooms are totally mould-less and I even saw a worker wiping the wooden balustrades of the walkways and porches of every chalet.

Lots of trees have been retained during development and I really like that although it meant mobile reception is hampered in the chalet area.

It has its own electricity supply (24 hr).

The water right in front of the resort is clean and you can bathe there although not snorkel. It is too shallow. Behind the resort, there is a little beach where you can both bathe and snorkel safely.

There are other food shops, dive operators, snorkel operators etc nearly. There are also other types of cheaper accommodations. You can also walk to Long Bay, 10 mins walk.

We had lunch and dinner at Amelia Cafe. Food there is good. We also had very good fresh fruit juice at Sunset Cafe. I was pleasantly surprised that my mango juice (RM4) was really made from the fruit and not out of a tin or bottle.

Pulau Perhentian

by Pancake_my

"turquoise sea"

I had almost the best view staying up here looking to the beach. I was earlier than a lot of tourists ... still February. Considered a monsoon season. But I have quiet and cleaner beach!

"nice sand wave ~~~"

"sky was still gloomy on February."

Chartered Boat to Pulau Perhentian...Chartered Boat to Pulau Perhentian...

Pulau Perhentian KecilPulau Perhentian Kecil

Pulau Perhentian KecilPulau Perhentian Kecil

Hawksbill Turtle, Pulau Perhentian...Hawksbill Turtle, Pulau Perhentian...

Pulau perhentian

by Ewan_2005

I am going to pulau perhentian this mid May. Is it a peak season? Should I book for chalet in advance? I'm going there in big group (30 ppl), which chalet would you think the best??

RE: Pulau perhentian

by Heidi_My

It is considered peak period in May, avoid the school holiday which starts from 26 may to 10 june, 2006. You should book in advance. Types of chalet should depend on your budget and requirement.

Comments