Pulau Redang Hotels

Our Members Say

• DaHongHua profile photo DaHongHua
  • Reviews: 388

The Redang Beach Resort: 3D2N all inclusive package in 2010

We were given a quad sharing family room during our 3D2N trip to Pulau Redang. Our package is inclusive of all meals, inclusive of 4 times snorkeling with the Marine Park ticket is paid for. The rate per person is RM398 at May, 2010.

The managemant of the resort has plan the package well so the time for the tourists who come here are fully occupied.
The meals are all served in buffet style at the big dining hall located at the 1st floor above the main lobby.
We notified the staff about our choice of vegetarian food, it was well entertained and handled by the staff and the kitchen. After the 1st meal, the following meals, my wife have her vegetarian meal served to her nicely and just in time, all meals with no repeated dishes and they are all looked and tasted delicious. A merit to the staff and the kitchen, we have actually filled in the merit form too.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written March 12, 2013

we were here in May, 2010

• cal6060 profile photo cal6060
  • Reviews: 1232

Redang Reef Resort: Famous among local divers

Redang Reef Resort is located in the south end of Long beach, which is next to Laguna Redang Resort. It is beautifully built at the corner of the beach surrounded by rocky stones and mountains looking over the white sandy beach. It is unique as you need to walk on a wooded bridge to reach the resort. Guests from Laguna Redang would most likely to walk on the bridge to visit the resort.

I personally like this simple and clean diver resort. It has a diver center with all the tools and equipment needed by a diver to go into a water. From my own observation, this resorts attract many regular local divers especially Malaysian and Singaporean Chinese. Staying here can meet other divers with cozy and friendly environment.

It has its own private beach behind the resort which makes it unique compare to other resorts.

Check out its website to find out more!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism, Diving and Snorkeling, Water Sports
  • Written October 31, 2012

Redang Reef Resort, Redang Island

• vtrupai profile photo vtrupai
  • Reviews: 4

Laguna Redang Snorkelling Package: Heart of Redang Island

We booked the 3D/2N Snorkelling Package in Laguna Redang and really it was worth money.
We spent our 2nd Anniversary and it was right decision to go there.
As it was ful moon night .The white sand and blue water became fairy land with the full moon light.
I just loved every thing ..the location of the resort,the helpful staffs,nice food.
Only I was feeling scared at the time of open sea snorkelling,though the guide was helpful.
Always smiling faces of the staffs will give you much more comfort.
Room was really clean,toilet was nice.
They will provide you soap,shampoo,shower cap,tissues,sanitary bag,Laundry bag every thing.

I would love to go there again & again.

Dinning Hall is really big but still very very clean and refreshing.Never ever you will find bad smell of food .The view from the Dinning Hall is breath taking.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Kayaking
  • Written March 20, 2012

• joeycw profile photo joeycw
  • Reviews: 7

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Berjaya Redang Resort: It is not worth the price with bad hotel mgmt

I am hard fans of Malaysia heritage sites and beaches. I will try my best to promote my country to the world but this time it is a exceptional case as a Malaysian I really can’t accept what the resort are offering to the guest. I had stay at this Berjaya Redang during the year 2005 (I really love the good old resort during 2005) and recently I drop by Berjaya Redang for a visit as the Berjaya Vacation club member push us to Redang Island Resort which previously known as Berjaya Redang SPA resort under the same company but different management. IMAGINE we are disappointed with the management where they treat us as outsider even my family wanted to have a good meal at the resort. Finally I understand that they just rebrand their resort from Berjaya Redang to Taaraas Resort where the look and feel is the same across all Berjaya resort but with some renovation. Then they are charging guest a really high price which I found it is ridiculous. Seriously there are lots more better resort with that package price range.

Here is my review on Berjaya Redang:-
Hotel Environment: No doubt!! Redang island is a beautiful island in Malaysia but too bad the Berjaya Redang management are making it a bad experience to be. Feel like cheated if I were to stay at the resort.

Hotel Service & Staff: The staff and service especially the management are not good. Treating Redang guest as outsider especially our family seem like a prisoner log in and out at the guard house and then the reception are not providing a good hospitality to a guest. Just a little suggestion to provide drink to irate customer or none resort guest at the reception. Don’t treat customer double standard.

Room Comfort: I believe the room comfort is pretty good as I stay at this resort 5 years ago with the different price structure but with the little refurbish and I seriously don’t find this resort really worth the price.

Tips: It is your decision to judge and It may be my personal view on this resort but it is really a sincere comment on this article.

Bad service and management.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 24, 2011

• noddle profile photo noddle

seaview suite: Redang Berjaya Resort

I stayed in Berjaya Redang 3 years ago and had not too good experience...my recent visit made me changed my opinion totally. They are so friendly and have upgraded the rooms, the facilities and the food quality. I would choose to stay there again whatsoever in my next visit.

the deluxe rooms have jacuzzi facing the sea front, u can have a bath and smell the beach...great idea!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling, Spa and Resort
  • Written July 11, 2010
Tip Photo

• muratkorman profile photo muratkorman
  • Reviews: 862

Coral Redang Island Resort: The best resort I stayed for scuba diving

Usually when you go for a diving trip, you are likely to stay in budget accommodation. You don't have high expectations : You just need a place to sleep, a bathroom clean enough to use, good food to eat and get your energy back. When I arrived in Coral Redang Resort, I knew at that moment that this place was really good. As we sipped our welcome drinks and got our room keys, I already was in the mood for diving. We stayed in a bungalow having a beautiful bathroom and comfortable beds. Towels and other amenities were provided. The meals served in the restaurant were sumptuous. The staff was friendly and the bar helped our evening hours pass fast. If you are coming to Pulau Redang, you should consider staying here.

Comfortable bungalows, swimming pool

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written March 6, 2010

• Casey83 profile photo Casey83

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Redang Lagoon Chalet: Cheap, clean and perfect beachfront location.

Unlike most accomodation on the island this one didn't have to be prebooked and you didn't have to come as part of a package which made it so much cheaper. We didn't eat in their restaurant as they had a massive barbeque on the first night and I'm vegetarian so there wasn't so much choice. But it still looked pretty good. The rooms were clean and tidy and the shower rooms were basic but much better than some of the places we stayed in Malaysia. The staff were really friendly and let us just have a late check out as they weren't very busy. We had a beachfront chalet which was perfect, we could sit on our little porch and look out over the beach and sea. I couldn't have been more impressed with how flexible, cheap and easy it was to stay at this place. Redang itself was also incredibly beautiful with some of the best snorkelling I've ever done.

The views were great but most impressively it was the only place you could just turn up to without a booking.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Backpacking
  • Written July 23, 2009

• divecat1978 profile photo divecat1978
  • Reviews: 82

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ayu Mayang Resort: Cozy resort to relax

This resort offers the basic stay for singles, group of friends, families and couples. The food cooked and ordered is very nice and reasonable in price.
The air condition rooms come in different types. For family, you can choose to stay in a family deluxe room. Just nice for a family of four. For couples, you can choose the Deluxe room, with bathroom attached. Hot shower is available.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Singles
  • Written May 21, 2008
Tip Photo

• jaslyns profile photo jaslyns
  • Reviews: 4

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

RedangKalong Resort: The Diver's Den

There is no refrigerator, no radio and no telephone.
Not much facilities except for a Karaoke room and a Games room.
This resort caters more to diving enthusiasts.
The are many rocks in the waters along this stretch of the beach.

I love the beachfront room and the veranda! The resort is 'kampung' style and cosy.

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written September 22, 2007

Beach Front Room

• kelnsha profile photo kelnsha
  • Reviews: 526

Berjaya Beach Resort: Redang Most Private - Berjaya Beach Resort

I did not stay here but I trekked from Pasir Panjang beach to Berjaya Beach Resort before.

This is a quiet place with a wide choice of sumptuous wooden chalets in delightful, landscaped gardens and an excellent private beach (eg. Deluxe Garden Chalet, Redang Hillview, Redang Seaview and etc).

Special rates are available for stays of seven nights or more.

Berjaya Redang Beach Resort boasts 273 tastefully furnished rooms and suites with ensuite bathrooms in typical Malaysian-style chalets. All rooms are comfortably furnished and fully equipped with modern amenities.

The Superior Room are double storey Malaysian styled timber framed long house with garden views. The Deluxe Chalets are also double storey Malaysian styled timber framed with total of 4 rooms in one chalet and the Sea facing category overlooks the beautiful panoramic ocean.

The Suites categories are sea facing and they consist of 2 bedrooms; one Master bedroom with king-size bed with attached bathroom and bathtub and 1 twin bedroom with attached bathroom and shower. The Royal Suite unit is an exclusive one-bedroom suite with Jacuzzi, separate shower room, living and dining room with one mini kitchen with refrigerator and microwave oven.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Water Sports, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written July 1, 2007

Redang Berjaya Beach Resort from our dive boat

• schweethoney profile photo schweethoney
  • Reviews: 5

Laguna Redang Resort: Laguna Redang Resort

This place is the best. The beach is very beautiful. I would recommend all of you to choose Laguna Redang Resort to spend your holiday in Redang Island.

The room is spacious. I stayed in Deluxe Garden room with balcony.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written June 12, 2007

Room View

• astroboiz profile photo astroboiz

Coral Redang Resort: Best of Coral

I believe this is the best resort on the whole island of Redang. The chalet type accomodation is especially welcomed in particular at this part of beautiful, laidback island with white sandy beach and pristine sea. Located at the most famous Pasir Panjang (Long Beach), it was considered relatively towards the northern shore of this stretch of beach, away from the much congested southern shore occupied by the massive but dull Laguna Redang.

Tourist choose Laguna nowadays being the grandest and newest establishment there. But the amount of tourists staying there has defeated the purpose of maintaining its classiness and granduer. I would much prefer a laidback and quiet place where I can simply lie down on the lazy chair or hammock reading my favourite book or just simply doing nothing but listening to the sound of wave.

In comparison, this resort is indeed value for money.

Great sea view, an open bar called 'Chicak' (Lizard), a diving/snorkelling centre, a swimming pool (I guess it's for the kids or training pool for the beginners), good and well maintain wooden type chalet despite being one of the original resort in the island a while ago. The rooms is air-conditioned, clean and well kept. It has a open-air restaurant that serve great food, very generous in its varieties, modern and good service.

Well, I did saw a big chicak there! It was kinda like those chicak found in our house ceiling but 3 to 4 times bigger!

There is no pubs or beach disco but I felt good as you can sleep peacefully or having good times looking at the stars. If you preferred a much happening and noisy evening, a short walking distance to the adjacent resort will do.

I think the only weakness is the selection of snorkelling destination. I came as a full board package with expectation that they would bring us to more adventourous snorkelling spots. However, I did found out that all the 3 snorkelling trips arranged were just opposite the beach, near to the islands across the sea. It just took 10 mins to reach these places. I felt short changed by them. In fact I did have a list of recommended snorkelling spots but they just said it was fixed and there is no way to change unless we pay more and do it independantly from other groups.

The services provided from the staff still needed improvement. The standard of English rather poor. I would say it's good enough but not excellent. But the attitude is alright.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling, National/State Park
  • Written June 3, 2007

Lazy Chair In Front of the Resort

• kelnsha profile photo kelnsha
  • Reviews: 526

Redang Pelangi Resort: Redang Island 1st Resort - Redang Pelangi Resort

This was my second resort I stayed in Redang Island. I used to stay in Redang Holiday Beach Villa but decided to try out other resorts.

Since most of the resorts were fully booked and this was the one available during the Labour Day long weekend (28 April to 01 May 2007), we were thankful and we had a memorable holiday there.

This is a more casual resort-style affair that offers twin and quad-sharing chalets. It appeals more to the locals. There are two queen-sized bed with air-conditioning and attached hot shower room in our quad-sharing room. If you are hoping for satelite TV, bar fridge or bathtub, then you are in the wrong resort.

Redang Pelangi Resort provides the following facilities and services:
1) Return bus and air ticket booking.
2) Kuala Terengganu hotel booking.
3) Two souvenir shops.
4) Beach & group games -
. Beach volleyball
. Kite flying
. Congkak
. Sand-castle building
. Card / board games
. Canoeing
5) Disco, karaoke and CD Movies.
6) Dive shop and snorkeling centre.

I will recommend this resort if you are on a budget and will like to mingle with the locals.

Even though all the meals are simple but they are delicious, like local home-cooked food and never run out of food because they top-up whenever the dishes are running low and there are breads, biscuits and hot drinks available 24 hours.

The dive centre staffs are very friendly and helpful. Thumbs up for them!

• Related to: Water Sports, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written May 9, 2007

Redang Pelangi Resort

• shufen profile photo shufen
  • Reviews: 3

Redang Kalong

Redang Kalong is a great place to stay for a few days, just to get away from it all. It's located on Teluk Kalong beach, only 2 or 3 resorts there, so you're well away from the hustle and bustle of Pasir Panjang beach.

There's only 38 rooms, mainly twin or triple in simple kampong style (no tv in the room, and showers are cold only, but there's a/c), and a couple of family rooms above the dive centre. The place is quiet (not many kids, thank goodness!!) mainly visited by groups of friends, and it's a romantic place for a couple to getaway to. too bad I went with a girlfriend :)

The owners are very friendly, seems to be family-run by a group of siblings (?). Meals are simple family fare eaten buffet-style, but delicious when you're hungry after a few hours of snorkelling. Simple snacks like bread and butter and drinks are available almost all day.

There's not much to do at night, a pool table, some board or table games and some books you can get from the bar, and mostly everybody is there for chit-chat, drink (warning: beer and soft drinks only, BYOW), play games, watch tv (only available there) or just for a cozy get-together while enjoying the cool sea breeze and moonlight before heading to bed.

It's a simple place with a relaxed pace of life. Don't go there if you're looking to fill up every waking minute of your day.

Watch the sunset and wake up early for the sunrise. I woke up at 6+ on my 2nd day there for the sunrise, it's gorgeous, and the resort is totally quiet and peaceful, coz only the owners and some of the kitchen staff were awake.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written December 11, 2006

• Azri_Azmi profile photo Azri_Azmi
  • Reviews: 161

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Redang Lagoon Resort: Poor Facilities & Foods

Without any recomendation, I choose Redang Lagoon just by browsing thru the Web Search Engine. After contacting the chalet, I agreed on their package of 2 days 1 night stay.

Because of I'm bringing a group of 35 pax, the owner of the chalet agreed to charted us a speed boat from Merang - Redang - Merang.

The environment surrounding the chalet is nice and beautiful but the foods were kinda lousy as its not fresh & some already turned bad. The space of the room is okay but the air-cond system most of the room we stayed were out of order and some were very noisy.

I hope after 2 years, this chalet has improved and really concerning on the quality of amenities and foods. Maybe at the time we were there, the island was full with tourist resulting the chalet failed to deliver its best.

• Related to: Sailing and Boating, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written December 5, 2006
Tip Photo

Group photos in front of the chalet

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful