Tune Hotels .com KLIA-LCCT Airport

Lot PT 29, Jalan KLIA S4, KLIA, Sepang, Selangor, 64000, Malaysia

Good For No Data
  • ErwinKoo's Profile Photo

Best hotel @ LCCT for early flight /late arrival

Stayed in Tune Hotels KLIA-LCCT for just 1 night, on 27-28 Dec 2013 , before our early morning flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia.Paid about $ 64 for a night.
    Only 7-10 minutes walking time needed to reach this hotel from the LCCT international arrival terminal exit.
    We booked through Agoda , for a twin bed room ,check in was fast.
    We were given 2 towels and soap on the front desk , and we must return those towels upon check out. 2 lifts are available to reach higher floors.
    There's a small restaurant and a mini market within the Hotel building , so you don't have to worry about food and drinks for breakfast.The price of this hotel was for room only.
    The room 323 was small, but acceptable for the 3 of us , a small bathroom with shower, washbasin and a hairdryer.Our room was clean , but not very quiet ,we can hear people talking outside our room.
    We highly recommend this hotel for short visit , and because its excellent location to catch your early flight , or late arrival from LCCT.

0.3km from the International Departure Hall of LCCT.
    F&B within the hotel includes Sri Kulai Restaurant.
    Regular shuttle bus services from LCCT to the hotel available.
    3.6km from the Sepang International Circuit (SIC)
    3 hour "Refresher Package" short stay option is available between 9:00am - 6:00pm daily. Subject to room availability.
    Check in time : 2:00pm onwards
    Check out time : 11:00am
    Quoted from Tune Hotels Official Website

Unique Quality: Superb location cannot get any better than this

Directions: 0.3km from the International Departure Arrival Hall of LCCT.

More about Tune Hotels .com KLIA-LCCT Airport

Don't stay there....even if they pay you!

by TripAdvisor Member jfi100

Stayed at the Tune hotel at KL airport.

A terrible experience due to:

1. No space whatsoever for luggage.
2. No space in bathroom to sit in comfort on the toilet.
3. Paper thin walls and doors resulted in being constantly disturbed by the sound of suitcases being wheeled down the corridor. Also one third of the hotel is directly above the 24 hour cafe, where families sit all night talking, laughing, shouting, playing etc etc. But you can't blame them because of 1. above.
The other sides of the hotel are not much better, either being next to the holding bay for the shuttle buses which leave there engine running all night or adjacent to the airport apron with the obvious noise implications.
4. Contrary to other reviews we did not find the room clean. We had stained sheets and despite being one month old the finishing’s are very shabby.
5. The rooms are infested with small flies and insects, which appear to enter the rooms through the huge gap at the bottom of the door. They are mostly harmless but it’s not particularly pleasant as they get everywhere.

If you want a night’s sleep stay at the Pan Pacific hotel at the international terminal (even with the 30 min drive to it from the LCC terminal). Alternatively I would even prefer to sit in the terminal building than stay at the Tune.

Great Hotel for Transit Purposes (LCCT Budget Terminal)

by TripAdvisor Member tranzactnow

If you are flying Air Asia into the LCCT Budget Terminal Kuala Terminal and you need a hotel for one night, then this hotel offering is ideal. Don't be mistaken, this hotel offers EXACTLY what it advertises, a good bed and a good shower. You don't get "standard" hotel extra's like a TV, luggage racks, wardrobe, mini bar etc. The rooms are small, like I am talking room for the bed, a small side table and a bathroom and nothing else. In fact on one of my two stay-overs the room I had was so small I had to move the bed slightly to open the bathroom door. Why then would you stay here you might be saying. There are a number of reasons. It is ideally located to the budget terminal, you can walk over or take the bus for RM1. For transit purposes a bed and shower are probably all you need and the hotel offers quality amenities as far as that is concerned. It is very reasonably priced ( I payed RM109). The hotel is new and clean, it has Internet available for a small cost and eating facilities are located on-site or nearby at the budget terminal. I wouldn't consider staying here for multiple days, however if you are looking for a place to stay for a night, instead of hanging around the airport terminal on the cold plastic seats, do yourself a favour and pay the small tariff and enjoy a good bed and shower at the Tune Hotel.

Better than a bench in the airport!!

by TripAdvisor Member WanderlustCardiff

A new concept in hotels, for about seven pounds you a small clean room. If you want air conditioning , a hair dryer, towels be prepared to pay extra.

Having got off a 16 hour Flight, we checked in relatively easily, having walked accross the airport car park (no need for a Taxi), stocked up in the shop, and got a couple of hours sleep before moving on, to somewhere a little more luxurious.

If you are on a stop between flights, or arriving in the middle of the night, and not fussy, this is the place for you.

Only if by necessity

by TripAdvisor Member twinD

What a business opportunity!!!! Be a famous LC carrier with an airport 70 km from the city center and then even better have your own terminal. Then, because so many of your flights leave when the roosters crow, build a hotel!!!! Captive customers!!!!!

By the time you added up the extra charges for air-con, wireless internet access (very slow, by the way!), towels (yes they charge you for towels!!!!), tax, etc. I was paying 131 MR for the room, that's nearly $40 US!!

If I were paying $15 for all of this I would complain about nothing, but for nearly $40 I find that other than the location and convenience to the LCCT (which is how they can get away with charging so much), this hotel is not a good value at all.

As others have said, the room size is ridiculous. The only time I have ever seen a room this small was in Hong Kong. And at least there I was in the middle of Kowloon, not the middle of nowhere!

For a supposed new building the condition of the room leaves much to be desired. The walls are heavily scuffed and scratched (no doubt as a result of people crashing into them with their bags) and while scuffed and scratched walls really have little to do with whether you get a good night's sleep, the neglect of their condition (this place is only how many months old????) does not reflect well on management and I can only imagine what this place is going to look like when it's been around for three years. It already needs new paint!

But more importantly, the room was not cleaned very well. Dirt in the sink and on the bathroom floor, dusty bed sheets (though the bed itself is quite comfortable). Room floor doesn't appear to have been mopped recently and certainly not swept. Looks like somebody just came in and did a quick sheet change (Well I hope the sheets were changed!!!).

Other reviews said the places is as advertised. Well, when I checked in the big signboard announced five star accommodation at one-star prices. Well these are not one-star prices, they are closer to two to three star prices and the accommodation is definitely one star, not five.

I should also add that as I am paying nearly $40 for this room do I really have to look at large wall advertisements in my room????!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!

But okay - let's say something positive. Obviously the location is fantastic if you need a few hours to crash or have an early early flight, and downstairs is a cafe, restaurant, 7-11, etc all (I think all) open 24 hours. And the bed is comfortable.

Would I stay here again? Well, if I had a 7:00 am Air Asia flight again, I suppose I would have to, but I will certainly not stay in any other Tune Hotel. It's a shame because it's a great concept and the potential for a really good hotel is here and while I may be forced to stay here again by necessity, I've been completely put off from staying at another Tune Hotel. Whoever Tony Fernandes has overseeing his hotel operation definitely needs a bit of a performance review.

A clean room to sleep in...

by TripAdvisor Member OzzieBrunei

You get a clean bed for the night, a good, clean en-suite shower room, and air-con as an add-on (pay for) bonus should you want it. There's nothing extra, there's no room! There's a couple of little convenience shops/cafes for snacks and cold drinks, and a free internet room which is very useful. I also paid extra for a three-hour late checkout for my afternoon flight which was handy. One criticism though: finding the shuttle bus at night at the airport was tricky. There's no official stop yet, nor reliable information that I could find at the airport about how get it. What you have to do is hang around in the car park waiting for the shuttle to arrive, which it does every half hour, then flag it down while it hangs about a bit. All a bit awkward if you're travelling alone with a 20kg suitcase and hand luggage, after a 13 hour flight from London. But, the hotel itself is perfect for a one-night stopover.

Poor communication

by TripAdvisor Member mickaelchia

There is a bus from terminal to hotel but it is not well publicized, and infrequent - every half hour, compared with 12 minutes' walking.

No towels provided. Charge of RM 5 is expensive. Aircon extra charge of RM 13 for 12 hours. Rate is expensive. Most of us stay for much shorter time. Showers powerful enough.

Room clean but extremely small, no space for luggage. The toilet is clean but little knee space.

Small smaaaalll rooms and lots of noise

by TripAdvisor Member greanjeans18

Bad information given about the shuttle bus so we decided to walk
its about 10 min walk from the terminal to the hotel

When you stand outside of the terminal, look to the left, where the foodmall (kfc) is
its right behind there.. so u can see it from the terminal ( so its clear where u need to go)

We got there, at the same time the shuttle bus arrived, so we felt kinda screwed over as we walked in the heat with our bags and everything..

Checkin was quick and we got a room on facing the innercourt : the stores and shops
and at 2 am it was extreemly loud outside.
I knew i didnt have to expect much, yet the room we had trouble even moving around,
as there was a bed, and it filled up around 95 % of the room.
The shower however is a GOOD ! one, so they do deliver what they promise.

I would come back but only if its again for a few hours of rest between flights...
and i would request a room further away from all the noise !

Matchbox hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DhakaPagla

This hotel is truly for transit passenger as I think you will not find ( I did not) any other option near LCCT.

Hotel is newly built , so rooms are neat and clean but they are so small that if you are staying with your partner, I will suggest (just kidding) to book 2 room. Room size is apprx 7.5 feet X 7 feet , with a bed size 7X5 feet. No space to keep you luggage, I put my luggage outside.

Hotel area is little noisy as round the clock guests are arriving from several flights , but after a tiring flight I had no problem to sleep.

Tune hotel is 12/15 minutes walking distance from arrival terminal. although they advertise that they have a shuttle bus , it is really hard to find. I will suggest to walk there Instead of waiting and searching for the shuttle service.

It was hard for me to walk to the hotel ( there is not footpath or walkway from airport to hotel) with my 1 year old kid and luggage , but later I found that many people just use the airport trolley to hotel. This is not a bad idea, as in following morning other passengers are using same trolley to return back at airport.

I would not mind to stay there again if I have another flight to catch after few hours.

7 x 8 foot cell

by TripAdvisor Member ocnrec

Ive never been in prison, but ive seen programmes with cells much bigger than this room. The aircon is extra, no tv, no fridge. bed and shower OK, NOT OK for one person two would be even more horrific.

NOT a good option, expensive. CONCORDE INN MUCH BETTER. wish I was there right now.

Small but very comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member busstopjen

you really couldn't swing a kitten in the double room....but why would you need to?! The bed is amazingly comfortable, the room is very clean and the showers are hot. There's free internet access downstairs too!

Comments