De Palma Inn Shah Alam

Jalan Nelayan 19/15, Seksyen 19, P.O. Box 7511, Shah Alam, Selangor, 40718, Malaysia
De Palma Hotel Shah Alam
Agoda.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about De Palma Inn Shah Alam

Close to the nature park

by kyoub about De Palma Inn

We chose to stay at De Palma Inn because it was a short drive from there to the nature park.
We had one side of a small cabin which consisted of a bed a couple of chairs, TV, small fridg, and a bathroom with a shower. Service was not great and the breakfast was even worse. It was included with the room but after the first day we didn't even bother to show up.

i-Cityi-City

the golfer terrace... called the golfer's deck...the golfer terrace... called the golfer's deck...

view of clubhouse...view of clubhouse...

par-4 hole #9...par-4 hole #9...

Fire Flies

by ness76

Can anyone recommend a one night stay at the De Palma Inn in Kuala Selangor just to see the fireflies? Do they offer a tour from hotel to see the fire flies? How far is this hotel from the LCCT airport, what is the best way to get there - taxi?

Re: Fire Flies

by din2x

De Palma inn is one of the place you can stay, and it's closer to the fireflies place of Kg Kuantan, Kuala Selangor. However, other than that, nothing much offered in the area, unless you are into birds and rainforest wetland.

From De Palma Inn, the cost of taxi to Kg Kuantan Fireflies is cheaper too. But from De Palma Inn to LCCT takes about one and half hours.

Re: Fire Flies

by Askla

Hello!
About the fireflies I don't know but we stayed at the hotel the last night on our visit to KL November last year and I can NOT recommend this hotel because
* there were quite a lot of ants (size 1 - 1,5 cm) as well a lizard inside the room
* there was no food avaliable for dinner
* they offer a transport to LCCT (I don't remember the price though)but it didn't work. I ordered it to fetch us at 06.00 because our flight was 08.45 and I want 2 hours for the check in and unexpected things which might happen. Well, I had to call the driver to wake him up at 6, he came perhaps ten past and then had to go to the toilett before we could leave. On the way he also had to fill petrol while the time was kind of running out for us to catch the fligth. We managed to get on the plane but that was not due to HIS "service".

I think you should really know what you do if you choose to take this hotel and you should have lots of extra time to be sure to come home.

Regards Lars.

Travel Tips for Shah Alam

The Shah Alam Lake Garden

by boocik04

The Shah Alam Lake Garden is one place where you can get away from it all by heading towards the numerous green spots and beautiful landscaped gardens. It is a place for residents and visitors to relax amidst tranquil, back-to-nature settings.

Popular for its annual International Boat Show and the Selangor Orchid Exhibition, the lake garden is also wonderfully suited for a picnic during the weekends where you can have fun on the manmade lakes. If you like seafood, there is also a floating restaurant there.

Shah Alam Lake Garden is a combination of 3 man-made lakes and located in the city center. In the East is Tasik Damai, in the middle is Tasik Indah and in the West is Tasik Permai.

The 43-hectares area is surrounded with beautiful and green landscape which has become a fresh water habitat. There are several species of birds including the Peacock, Stork and the elusive Forest Chicken being reared here.

The Shah Alam Lake is a site of many annual events. A culture centre called Laman Budaya, the Wet World Water Park and the Shah Alam Gallery are within this area. Picnic and children's playground areas dot the well-kept parkland.

25 kms from KL

by hassan_abu

"Location."

Shah Alam is a city in Petaling and Klang Districts in Selangor, Malaysia, about 25 kilometres west of Kuala Lumpur.

"i-City in Shah Alam"

Nothing to do with Apple's iphone, ipod or ipad, this latest so-called "theme park" is Malaysia's latest attaction.
It's just a small city full of trees lighted with colourful neon lights. It can be kind of beautiful at night to see all these colourful trees and animals.
It also has a "Snow City" with a long snow slide where you can slide down using tyre tubes or something. Did not bother to go in this Snow City as you have to rent the "winter clothing" which is shared amongst the hundreds of visitors, not very hygenic.

Shah Alam - My Second Home

by Azri_Azmi

"Shah Alam the Introduction"

Shah Alam is the capital city of the Selangor Darul Ehsan state. Its also being known as the Orchid City of Malaysia.

Shah Alam was officially opened in 1963 to replaced Kuala Lumpur as the State Government Administrative Center. This is due to Kuala Lumpur has been promoted to a state level herself.

Being recognized as a City in October 2000, Shah Alam is now rapidly grows and the government had already making a plan to transform Shah Alam into an Intelligent City.

"My 2nd Home?"

Well, just coincidently somewhere in March 2007, I was being instructed to re-setup a department at my company's Head Office in Petaling Jaya. After identifying matters and solutions, I was then being ordered to permanently taking care of that department beginning from March itself. Now, I am having 2 offices, 1 in Melaka and 1 in Selangor.

I had no choice rather than to get a house that is nearby to my working place. So I choose Shah Alam. There are many sections here in Shah Alam and I rented an apartment in Section 13.

And one thing that interesting here is that the name of all the road at Section 13 are related to sport such as Badminton Road, Ping Pong Road, Sepaktakraw Road, Snooker Road etc.

"Convinience City"

Shah Alam is a good place to stay indeed. All things that requires for a living is here in Shah Alam. From Shopping Mall to Restaurant, it is all here and short distance from each to the others.

The place that I am renting now is very near to the Hypermarket, restaurants, petrol stations, medical center, recreational areas and of course, just opposite of my apartment stands the huge Shah Alam stadium.

Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam

by PeteLow2004

"A Trip to Agricultural Park"

It was an experience to travel to Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam (BCSA) alone not knowing how the journey will be like. I took the KL Komuter to the station from Sentral and alight at Butu Tigga. The Komuter train holds more passengers because it travels all the way to Port Klang passing Shah Alam I suppose. It is a 45 minute ride and for a while it runs parallel to a highway. The interior of the Komuter is well kept and is air-conditioned. It is nothing fantastic except that it is an experience travelling on a different railway system unlike the LRT system.
Upon alighting at Batu Tigga station, I took a taxi that brought me to BCSA. The ride cost me 10MYR although the meter reads 8MYR. As it was a week day, BCSA was pretty deserted. I rented a bicycle and toured the park.
There are several highlights around the park. They include:-
- A mini zoo with small animals like horses, birds
- Kampung settlements
- Spice trees like cinnamon
- A small dam
- A well-maintained large garden with a lake and small ponds
- 4 seasons garden