4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Asiatravel.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• JacobLarsen's Profile Photo

Great for relaxing

I don't like beach resorts. Lying around in the sun listening to screaming kids in the pool is not my thing. However, after two weeks in the rain forest this was a great place to relax. The rooms are spacious, it's clean, the pool is a great distance from the beach (so that you cannot hear the kids) and the staff is very, very nice. The food in the restaurant is nice and varied as well.

You should try the massage in the spa - my feed and legs were so happy when I'd been there.

We were there for two nights - I am pretty sure I would have been bored if we'd stayed another night.

Unique Quality: The spa.

Directions: Somewhat outside of Kota Kinabalu.

More about Beringgis Beach Resort

Sabah "Land Beneath the Wind"

by kaplan

"I have come to Sabah to work"

Dear friends, I have come to Kota Kinabalu to work now.

"Beringgis Beach Resort"

This resort is good yet not expensive. Only disappointment is the sea is not suitable for swimming

Mount KK expedition

by tracyskf

"I DID IT!!!"

I didn't think I will be able to do it. But I did it. =)

Climbed mount KK in April. This was quite a spontaneous trip --- thanks to the Air Asia free ticket promotion some time back. Managed to book free flight to KK, with only RM 80 airport tax for both ways! Taking a risk (not like me at all), got the flight many months back but have not make any land arrangement. Was initially a bit worried on the accomodation on Laban Rata (was a real challenge!), and for Kinabalu Park, I've managed to get Garden Lodge all for ourselves (a cosy place --- you will see it in my pictures!).

No regrets taking the Mesilau trail, it was a longer trail but less stressful than Timpohon. Got to enjoy some flora and fauna along the way, rather than staircase all the way. It was ascending and descending trail with some really beautiful sights along the way. My goodness, going uphill is very much "breathaking" for me. We shared the cost for the guide (there was all 4 of us, all girls! yeah girl power), but I get to enjoy the guide's most devoted attention, simply because I am the last when it comes to going uphill. He he. Oxigen thinning ok!

At least I took an average of 8 hours to reach Laban Rata. And this is average time ok! There was some really rocky surface to climb on. It was about 4 by the time I reached Laban Rata, just enough time to get some cool air and enjoy the beautiful sunset. Thanks to the weather, we were able to enjoy mesmerizing moments of colorful skies! (I really love those skies shots. No regrets.)

"I REACHED THE PEAK!"

2 A.M. the following day --- time to work those legs again! Only 2.7 km to the peak, and yet this seem to be two times tougher than the journey on the previous day. And there was a section that is ropes all the way, thanks to my experience guide, he hand-held me to go up whilst the other climbers seem to be relying 100% on the ropes. I could not explain the wonderful feeling when he led me up the rocks just like that --- there was no fear in me, the feeling was like "I am almost there, mount KK here I come to conquer you..." Hehe.

And the weather was extremely cold. I had like 3 layers of clothing and my hands shivering with 2 layer of gloves! At some point in time (actually many point in time) I was really gasping for breath. Really need to work on my stamina (a bit too late then).

And finally I DID IT. [Every step I take and every sweat I drop brings me closer to you -- the signboard for Low's peak. And somehow I did not realised my hair was quite messy when taking the photo with you. Aaargh.] Could not describe my feelings, maybe you could see how beautiful it is in my photos, by the way, the peak is not as spacious as I believed so. Hehe.

Going downhill, we stopped to take pictures along the way. A quick stop at Laban Rata before heading downhill. Somehow I like going downhill more --- I do not suffer as much as going uphill. For some people it is the other way around. Somehow my knees does not ache and I was the first to reach downhill (tried to re-gain some dignity here. Hehe) But seriously I did not really feel the pain on my legs only on the night where we were enjoying seafood the following night.

We unwinded in Beringgis Beach Resort the following day and visited KK town for half a day before having a wonderful seafood dinner and then flying home at night.

Well, it was NO REGRETS.

by Adam18

Who knows this place and can give me some information about this resort? any opinion?
thanks in advance
adam

by Muarrij

beringgis beach resort

by osang

i'm planning to go to KK next year and will be staying in beringgis beach resort for 3 days. how far is it from KK? what cn you say about the resort?

RE: beringgis beach resort

by toyotapassion8393

hi there this resort is consider far from the city if not mistaken it take around 45 drive to reach the town arae. it almost 25 km if not istaken without the traffic jams.
this resort more on nature n far from town

by jooolia

Hi. We will be in KK next month staying at the Berringis Beach Resort. Has anyone stayed there? We are curious as to location, ease of getting into to town, if the beach is any good, are there restaurants close by etc. Any information would be great. Thanks.

by andrew_cky

Beringgis Beach Resort located at Papar area, 30 - 40 minutes to KK City area and 20 minutes to KK International Airport. The beach is ok and i think there not have any restaurant close there. Btw, you can just take a cab to the city area to have your meal.

Here is the website about the Beringgis Beach Resort: http://www.beringgis.com/

Enjoy your holidays here.

cheers,

Andrew

by Vikingtraveller

Berringis is a 3/4 star resort and is quite far from town. The location is not really very convenient and you would be spending alot of time in taxis! The beach is not very nice...would recommend the beaches of Tunku Abdul Rahman Park. The Park consists of 5 islands off KK, approx 10 minute ferry ride from KK itself. The closest good restaurant is located at a nearby resort called Langkah Syabas. I would acually recommend stay there too!! Enjoy KK!

Comments