Courtyard Hotel @ 1Borneo

Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 21% less but rated 22% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Kota Kinabalu

This is how they serve prawn , there were 8 ;)This is how they serve prawn , there were 8 ;)

A GOOD INSECT AND MOSQUITO REPELLANT IS A MUSTA GOOD INSECT AND MOSQUITO REPELLANT IS A MUST

Mt Kinabalu view from TALK LodgeMt Kinabalu view from TALK Lodge

TREES & BEACHTREES & BEACH

KK Bus service.

by roadhog1234

How do I use the bus service in Kota Kinabalu ? There seems to be no "system".
Please advice: I need to go to "Heritage Plaza" from downtown KK, Jalan Gaya-Wisma Nerdeka area, and then back. How do I take a bus ? Where do I board the bus ? Which bus [number] ? As I need to take that journey frequently, taxis are too costly. Also, which bus do I take to go to KKIA and KKIA(T2) from Jalan Gaya ? This question would be bet answered by members resident in KK, or who has actually made the same journey. Thanks.

by kilnamona

http://www.kotakinabalu.com/cmarter.asp?doc=2499&node=2719 http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/State_of_Sabah/Kota_Kinabalu-1281089/Transportation-Kota_Kinabalu-BR-1.html the name of the area u want is Jalan Gaya-Wisma merdeka , merdeka -not nerdeka http://www.mount-kinabalu-borneo.com/kota-kinabalu-lodges.html lot of info here not sure what heritage plaza u want but look here -maybe this one http://www.sabahtourism.com/en/destination/4-sabah-state-museum-heritage-village/ it has bus no there

by roadhog1234

Thanks for your reply. I got the same search results...and more. But they are not helpful at all in answering my specific queries.

by ic1980

By 'Heritage Plaza', did u mean here? http://wikimapia.org/5927908/Heritage-Plaza

I'm a kk resident and i think they have changed the local 'bus terminal area' sometime back, near wawasan plaza if im not mistaken. Reply to me if u want more details and i can help get the details u need.

Travel Tips for Kota Kinabalu

Day Or Night...

by yeikloen

Kota Kinabalu is just a city that there are so much to do, from climbing the mountain, to diving off the city and taking a train to Beaufort or water rafting in Kiulu (Grade 1 and 2) or Padas River (Grade 3 and 4 up to 7)

Beers are cheap, people are friendly, food are nice and top of that..... RMIT Drinking at Shenanigans listening to the mother and daughter band from The Philippines.

Packing List for Mt. Kinabalu Climb

by runwitme

A back pack.
A waist pouch or a small daypack. I divide the Mt. Kinabalu Climb into two parts.
Part one is the hike up from the base (Timpohon or Mersilau) to Laban Rata (A place for climbers to stay overnight before ascending to the peak). Part two is the climb from Laban Rata to the summit (Low's Peak).

For part one, long sleeve shirt/ sweater and short/bermuda for hike are sufficient. The weather is usually sunny and warm. Bring a raincoat, in case of rain.

You need to dress warmly for Part Two. Thick jacket, long sleeve shirt and track pants (I wore two) for climb up to Low?s Peak. Wear a scarf, ski mask (you can buy this at RM5 at the base HQ) or balaclava. It is windy and cold on the mountain. Bring a light disposable raincoat, in case of rain.

Hiking shoes or sport shoes. I wore my Karrimor sandals with thick socks for the first part and changed to my Fila running shoes for the second.

Gloves are essential for Part two to protect your hands from rope burn (you need to use rope to climb over some slopes) and cold. Travel light. Do not bring a bottle of 400ml shampoo and your make-up kits.
Laban Rata rest house provides soap and towel. Bring your toothbrush and toothpaste.

Lip moisturizer helps to ease chapped lips due to cold.
Sunscreen for sun protection.
Lotion for dry skin. Ladies take note.
I noticed that mosquito repellent is NOT essential.

I rubbed Vaseline between my toes and on my feet before I put my socks on for the climb. This prevents blisters and chaffing.

Eyes drop, plasters, headache pain-killer tablets just in case.

Analgesic rub like Yoko Yoko (thanks Chan Yok for the supply) or Deepheat for the tired muscles. You will regret if you do not bring your camera. Bring enough films and batteries.

I was petrified when I saw no socket point for my camera battery charger in my room at Laban Rata and my batteries were running low. Thanks to the friendly people at the reception, I was able to recharge my batteries and took some breath-taking pictures at the summit. Not applicable unless you want to camp on the mountain. Torchlight (2D batteries and bring a spare bulb) is essential for Part 2. Climbers will start their climb at 2:00 am. If you can afford it, use those headlamps.

Walking stick (about RM3 from the local guides) helps to make the Part 1 hike easier. Do not take it up to Part 2, leave it at Laban Rata along with your other luggage. You need your hands to hold the ropes, not walking stick.

Food & Drinks
Untreated water (mountain fresh) is available at the rest area along the trail. I have drunk the water without problems. It tasted refreshing and cool. I also brought one bottle (500ml) to keep me hydrated during the Part 1 hike. I also brought 2 packets of Ribena (pouch). Tuna and crackers, raisins, sweets, cookies, chocolate, energy gel and apple are recommended.

For Part 2, bring some water and some munchies. I brought a packet of Ribena, 2 packs of Power Gel and some candy.

Plastic bags. Put your garbage in. Do not leave your garbage on the mountain.

We attended a muslim wedding!

by emdeme

Our great tour guide from Wildlife expeditions offered to either leave us at the hotel for 2 hours to wait until our flight from Sandakan to KK was due, or he could take us to a relatives wedding. We accepted his offer as you don't get an offer like that everyday! The family was very welcoming, and we sat on the floor and ate a meal with them, then they insisted that we take part in dancing and playing traditonal musical instruments. Then we were sat on the bridal thrones and photographed with the bride and groom. A wonderful experience that we will remember for a long time. Thankyou Amran!

all the crafts and souvenirs you can think of..

by eelaine about philippino market

this is the souvenir and crafts paradise of kota kinabalu.. here, you get rows and rows of stalls housed together selling just about any crafts imaginable, whethere local or not.. definitely the on-stop shop for souvenirs to bring home.. whatever you wanna pay, make sure you bargain! usual asian shopping rule.. ;)

Poring Hotspring

by yuet29

There are stalls outside poring hotspring selling marble, crystal and other kind of stone.

Some of them told us the stone, usually crystal can grow in the future. The price is quite cheap. Everything is bargainable, even a RM1 stone can be bargain to RM0.50.

They will usually reduce the price themselves automatically without much bargain.

Comments