KK Times Square Hotel

Block C-16-G, Signature office, KK Times Square, Off Coastal Highway, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, 88100, M
KK Times Square Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Kota Kinabalu

tree housetree house

Raja, calling us a cab, even short staffed!Raja, calling us a cab, even short staffed!

Sausage MakerSausage Maker

The astronaut-like helmetThe astronaut-like helmet

by Seanlow

thinkin of staying at this hotel during this coming Feb 2010.
pls recommend on things to do and must-see sights.

total 4 of us with 2 children(below 10 yrs old).
so we prefer not so busy areas, is tanjung aru a good one?

also, where do i get the cheapest rate for this hotel? through agent or online??
Any website to recommend?

thanks a lot all VTers

Re: Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort

by tenluk

Hello,

Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort, I can say best Hotel in Kinabalu but sorry that I didn't stay in this hotel at my last visited Kinabalu and I ever check the price in agoda.Its about usd 250. but of course I saw the beautiful beach in this hotel.
We have a beautiful time in Kinabalu visiting the Sapi and Manukan islands. then we went up to the mountain garden only by using tour service from the hotel. Seafood in the waterfront is great and you could see the wet market just next to the waterfront.
Hope this info can help and you can see my pages about Kinabalu

Re: Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort

by Izmik195560

Hi there - we are booked to stay at this hotel in Febuary as well. It is much cheaper to book through a travel agent as they book through wholesalers etc.

There are numerous web sites with things to do. With the children you could visit the sister hotel ( Rasa Ria ) and visit the orang utang rehabilitation complex. Also the 1Borneo hypermall has kiddy things like sea world, bowling and stuff. There is first beach too just up the road from the hotel. I think there are like hawker food stalls, barbecues on the beach. That sort of thing. Im looking forward to that.

Also in town there is Sedco square and the walk along the waterfront where you can get fresh fish right off the boat

Our list of things to do are the five island tour, the probiscus monkey tour, tenom train adventure. Eat crayfish prawns etc. My hubby wanted to go deep sea fishing but its about 73 aussie dollars per hour ( we think ).

We are so looking forward to going. What dates are you going. We will be there from the 18th Febuary for about twelve days. We are having 5 days in KL first then another two days on the way back. We booked our trip through travel land flying Malaysian Airlines from Perth.

Hope this helps a little bit I have done lots of research and read reviews. The hotel is going to be an absolute wonderful hotel and I think it will be one of the best choices if you have children.

Travel Tips for Kota Kinabalu

Prawns!Prawns!Prawns!

by tangymp

If you were a prawn lover like me, you'll never forget the big and delicious prawns avaliable everywhere in KK with reasonable price. Frozen packs are found in the airport and bring them home if you love it! A nearly perfect match of KK prawns and my cooking skills ;-))

Snorkel in the marine park

by stevemt

There are 4 islands in the Tunku Abdul Rahman marine park that you can visit.

The snorkeling is great at all of them, you can dive also.

There are however coral graveyards on most islands, but out past them the coral is regenerating and the fish are fantastic. Take your own snorkel gear if you have it, the hire stuff available is not that good

Meet the Locals

by LadyHawkau

We found out about this little village about 25 mins from where we were staying at the Shangri La Rasria. Every Wednesday morning they have there markets. The people from the mountains walk for 2-3 days to sell there products, some with no shoes to wear and the heat can become unbearable. Some don't have money what they do is trade there goods. When we asked the hotel how do we get there they said you won't like it and there's not alot there. Not being like most tourists we like to get out on our own and meet the locals and find the real way of life so we organised transport and headed off. It was amazing and we enjoyed it. Here you could also buy your T.Shirts,watches,jewellery and at a 3rd of the price you are paying in the city. Just to see it all was amazing and we would recommend anyone to go along and take a look. Sadly we don't remember the name of the village although it sounded something like Tepau but I am sure if you say Wednesday markets someone will know what you are talking about.

variety of merchandise

by travelpug about Center Point

I found that it's difficult to see souvenir shops in KK. I found there are 2 inside Center Point. Their price is slightly lower than the souvenir shop on Gaya Street. The souvenir shop is located near McDonald and Burger King inside the mall. Ask the information counter for directions. post cards, t-shirts, local handicrafts (these are more authentic handicrafts than those in Handicraft Market/ Filipino Market). Souvenirs in Sabah are slightly more expensive than in penisula malaysia

Sunset Bar On The Waterfront

by seadogs11 about Pirates Bar

A new island bar outside K Box on the Waterfront behind BED. Delicious alfresco BBQ food cooked in front of you.

An excellent place to view the sunset, whist sipping a cocktail, beer or fruit smoothie, friendly english speaking staff provide free information on what to do and where to go in KK to make the most of your holiday.

when I was there there were special offers on Beer, buy two and get one free, or free beer with every meal, I had a Ribeye steak which was one of best I have ever tasted! Anything goes

Comments