No 1 Jalan Tangki, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, 88100 , Malaysia

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo

Le' English Stay

Pleasant stay and the place is so clean also very helpful personnels...
    Ask for anything and u will get everything...
    Isnt that sweet

Unique Quality: Near to so many shopping complexes and it looks exquisite

• Tedsocoa's Profile Photo

A nice looking Hotel in KK

When arriving in this hotel, you will have the impression to enter in a big palace. In reallity this is a 3to 4 stars hotel, with nice and large rooms, good bathrooms and a nice outlook on the city. Service is very friendly and restaurant is tipical Malaysian. The only point is that this hotel is somewath outside the city center, but there is a free shuttle from hotel to different stops inside KK which is offered different times a day.
    The swimmingpool looks nice and quiet but needs some maintenance; water not very clear.

Unique Quality: Overall a nice place stay some time.

Directions: Karamunsing, KK

• longsanborn's Profile Photo

Certainly not a palace!

Palace Hotel is very affordable and it is located outside of the city, near to the airport and other industrial area and business/offices.

I had stayed in this hotel several times mainly on business trips - actually, my company placed me there. I only used the hotel for sleeping and never utilised their swimming pool or gym. I find the rooms to be clean and the bed okay. However, there was one time the hotel put me in the basement room because the hotel was full. That was the worst experience - the basement room had no window, the room was damp, smelt moldy & musky, and the bed was chilly due to the damp. Never ever stay in a basement room!

The hotel had a buffet breakfast and I can't say that I enjoyed it. The food was either over-cooked, bland, at times salty and usually cold.

I would not stay in this hotel again, unless I am forced to by my company (since they paid for the room and refused to move me elsewhere).

Unique Quality: The hotel, located on a hill, is painted white and looked like a palace or castle. However, there is nothing unique about their services or the rooms!

• kanskje's Profile Photo

Berjaya Palace Hotel - Old charm?

We had an AirAsia GoHoliday package and got a 'superior room' at the Berjaya Palace hotel. The standard was good, but it is an old hotel. Our double bed consisted of to single beds put together. There was a TV there (no remote) with CNN and one movie channel. No hairdryer, but they will lend you one (for a short while) if you call the reception. The walls are thin.

The service is good and we got complementary breakfast. The complimentary breakfast consisted of fruits, coffee, tea and they have an egg corner. They had hot meals, and their nasi lemak was good; the rest was so-so.

The hotel is a bit off, but we could easily walk downtown in approx 20 minutes. A free shuttle bus has 5 departures every day to the city, and 4 from the city to the hotel. A taxi downtown from the hotel is 12 RM, 10 RM back.

Unique Quality: They have a pool, a sauna and such. But we did not use any of them. Looks great from the outside, but is old and is a bit far away from downtown.

• syetan's Profile Photo

Value for money

Berjaya Palace Hotel is located next to one of the traditional big 3 shopping complexes (Kompleks Karamunsing). To get to the city centre itself you can walk about 15 minutes or catch a bus or cab. It's value lies in its price-a proper hotel just close enough to the CBD without actually being there. There is a pub inside as well. As well, there is a hawker stall area behind Kompleks Karamunsing open at nights called Karamunsing Walk. Rooms tend to come with the usual amenities (aircon, hot water, TV) but my mate who worked there for years cautions about the razor-thin walls...

Directions: next to Kompleks Karamunsing

• anak_wagu's Profile Photo

Not suggested as a place to stay...

3D/2N stay in the 3 star hotel. I was there with a group of friends attending a function. In the first place, the hotel is quite secluded at the top of a hill, surrounded by jungle trees. The facilities is okay, but should be better for the price we pay. Have some basic amenities, but the building looks old. Food - sucks. View from the room - very limited. Most of the rooms facing the hill.

Unique Quality: Got swimming pool, but usually full of dropping leaves and ?bird droppings. I got some skin allergic reaction after dipping for few minutes inside the pool. The water is also stagnant.

Directions: Just beside Kompleks Karamunsing, at the slope of a hill with a lot of jungle trees.

• cy276's Profile Photo

Affordable & Gd service!

The hotel isn't far away from KK International Airport.
    The taxi ride took around 10-15 mins.
    The taxi fare from the airport to the hotel costs RM 17. (The price is fixed)

As there were 5 of us, we had to request for an extra bed in one of the rooms.
    I forgot how much we had to pay for the extra bed but the price was reasonable and we had the extra breakfast voucher.
    However, when we requested for extra towels, we had to pay RM 20 for it.
    We thought it was unreasonable!

Get ready to feel disappointed if you are planning to enjoy the gym, sauna and steam facilities there!
    The gym is run-down with only several exercise equipment and the treadmills didn't even have meters on them.
    There's a ping pong table in the middle of the gym though.
    The sauna and steam room was located in a dark corner.

We stayed in the deluxe room.
    They use keys instead of cards.
    In some rooms, you have to slot in the key along with the keychain in order to activate the lights but in others, you do not have to.
    They have limited TV channels but they have a Karaoke channel.
    They do not have safe deposit box in the rooms.
    They do not have their mini refrigerator in the rooms filled.
    They do not have built-in hair dryers.

Toilets- Quite small but not cramped.
    Average looking but clean.
    There is even a washing line for us to hang our clothes to dry.

Oasis Cafe-
    They do not have a wide variety of food for breakfast but the food tastes Ok, enough to fill our tummy.

Shuttle bus service-
    Their shuttle service is excellent!
    The bus drivers were very friendly, polite and punctual.
    The shuttle has designated times so be sure to check the timetable!

Their check out time is 1pm.
    We can store our luggages in their store room though.
    Free of charge.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget trip.
    Price is reasonable and the workers are friendly.
    It was an enjoyable stay for my friends and I.

p.s. I did not give a feedback on their bar & lounge as we did not get to visit it.

Unique Quality: Great shuttle service! Very punctual and the drivers are helpful!

More about Berjaya Palace Hotel

3 Star Hotel in KK

by DanCerdena about BERJAYA PALACE HOTEL

Comfortable accommodations though a bit out of the city center. Rooms are clean and with basic necessities. Try not to get rooms on the basement as they are windowless. A lot of the standard rooms are found there. There is a Karaoke cum bar on the ground floor next to reception to while your boring nights away!

Berjaya Palace HotelBerjaya Palace Hotel

Help on accommodations

by delacruz_maybelyn

Does anyone know the hotel number of Hotel Shangri-La? I was able to check out their website but there's no contact number written there. Tried to send an email to them, as well, but my mail just bounced back to me.

My friends and I will be in Kota Kinabalu on Aug 20 - 23 and we still havent decided where to stay yet. We're in a tight budget and so any suggestions or thoughts about the hotels/resorts there would be very much appreciated.

Right now, we're looking at Hotel Shangri-La, Berjaya Palace and Beringgis Resort. Please help.

RE: Help on accommodations

by delacruz_maybelyn

thanks so much!!!

Re: Help on accommodations

by jazmeen

berjaya palace is quiet good.the room is comfortable and breakfast was delicous.
rate around Ringgit Malaysia 150-160
have a nine trip.
p/s : don't forget go to mosopiad culture village their have house of skull.

Comments