Winner Hotel

No. 9 & 10, Jalan Pasar Baru, Kampung Air, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, 88000, Malaysia

Winner Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

• uysijessa's Profile Photo

what a winner!

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend who stayed here the last time he went to KK to attend a conference. I checked their website and wrote them to get more info and they immediately replied. Because I was an airline staff I was able to get a promo rate and got upgraded to boot! When we got to hotel we absolutely loved its central location. And i honestly mean it when I say central! It was right in the city center (a few meters from an intersection) and was walking distance to 2 malls, there was a KFC a block away, 2 blocks from the SEDCO Open Air Restaurants and Stalls along the baywalk, 2 blocks away from the Filipino market and about 4 blocks away from Gaya street if you want to go to the Sunday market. Plus, there as a convenience store right beside the hotel and a small restaurant beside the convenience store. I swear everything was walking distance! The rooms were great as well. We got a huge room (we paid for a deluxe twin but as I said we got upgraded to a premium twin room) and all the amenities in the room were in excellent condition. I like how they also provided bathroom amenities and concierge services.
    The only thing I can say that was a bit disappointing was the breakfast as it was not much and kind of dismal. But for the money we paid, the upgrade we got, and the attention and excellent service we received it was really nothing we'd make an issue about.

Unique Quality: The location was tops for us as we spent a very minimal amount on transportation due to the hotel's proximity to everything. We also were very happy with the service the staff provided (Faidzal of Front Desk in particular) who was very attentive.

Overall, I strongly strongly recommend Winner Hotel. It's a real winner if I say so myself!

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Basic 1 star Hotel Cheap & Good

The hotel itself is ok. Clean and cheap with no complain. You can choose one of the hotels, from backpackers' to 5-satr resort. I paid RM55 per nite.

Comments