Sipadan-Kapalai Island Resort

Restless-in-kl's Profile Photo

Water bungalows

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 5, 2005

Fell in love with this place especially my water bungalow. It's huge with comfy beds, big bathroom with hot water and a bathtub than opens out to the sea. The sun deck is fabulous with spectacular views especially to watch sunsets. Very romantic.

As the bungalow is built on stilts over the sea, you'll never know what visitors might swim up right to your doorstep. During my stay, I said hello to stingray, pipefish, razorfish even barracuda!

Made friends with the staff at the resort who are ever helpful. Did not have to lift a finger with my bags or dive equipment. Everything is set up with fresh tanks after every dive and washed. Never had to carry my own tank. Now that's what I call 5-star dive service. Really spoilt and pampered.

Usually I'm not a fan of hotel food. But this place is an exception. Variety of food is wonderful and surprising since it is far and remote from the mainland. Absolutely delicious. It's all fusion, Asian and Western fare. There is even free flow of hot drinks especially my favourite Milo (chocolate drink) and biscuits/bread. Very important for hungry divers!

Strongly recommended.

Unique Quality: - Water bungalows built on stilts over the sea.
- Excellent and fully equipped dive center with an in-house videographer (it's great to have a DVD of you own dive!)
- Fantastic house reef for day and night dives (the elusive Mandarin Fish is our resident in the house reef!)

Nearby Sipadan-Kapalai Island Resort

1 Photo of Sipadan-Kapalai Island Resort

Amenities at Sipadan-Kapalai Island Resort

• Restaurant

Pulau Sipadan Travel Forum

Need advice about Pulau Sipadan, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Pulau Sipadan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Pulau Sipadan
Above and below water
Turle hatchling releases
sting ray..
tutles galore..
Things to Do
visit the local fishing village..