Block 29 Jalan Pelabuhan Lama, Sandakan, Sabah, 90708, Malaysia

Agoda.com Hostelworld.com Booking.com

• DSwede's Profile Photo

In need of some improvements

While searching for a proper place to stay in Sandakan, we had a look at the Nak Hotel. The rooms were dim and smelled musty. There was even a rat in bathroom. We continued on and looked at many other hotels.

While I would avoid staying at the Nak Hotel since the quality and cleanliness of the rooms is much less than the price would suggest, the rooftop terrace and bar is worth a visit.

• Robin922's Profile Photo

Warning not as advertised!

Because of a mix up the hotel I had planned to stay at didn't have any rooms. So a friend booked me in at the NAK hotel. I knew it was an older hotel, and didn't expect 4 star service... nothing prepared me for this nightmare!

This place was so bad, my dog's kennel was nicer (and cleaner).

The air conditioner, kept the room temperature to warm, one notch better than HOT.

They advertised satellite TV. Truth... old TV set, 3 local channels and the 3 satellite stations that were scrambled. So unless you understand the Malay... no TV.

"Wrap yourself in soft linen" That was a joke! Cheap rough sheets, on a make shift bed. At least the sheets did appear to be clean.

They did provide one bottle of drinking water, which was great, because I sure wouldn't have drank the tap water.

No place to eat, unless you want to walk down to one of the local stands, or hire a taxi.

As for hot water, it was a suicide system. That would have been fine, expect the bathroom was so bad, I wouldn't even let my skin touch anything in there.

It was so bad here that I canceled my two week vacation to that part of the state, and took the first flight out the next morning.

Unique Quality: The one good thing I must say, is that everyone was very frendly. Other than that, it was the worse place I've been in my life.

Directions: Sandakan town center