Four Points by Sheraton Kuching

Lot 3186-3187, Block 16 KCLD, Jalan Lapangan Terbang Baru, Kuching, Sarawak, 93350, Malaysia
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Four Points by Sheraton Kuching

Kuching is a better place with this hotel.....

by TripAdvisor Member coco_hk

Kuching has been known to have below average hotels so when my friends told me that a new hotel was open in Kuching I jumped online to book. The hotel is brand new and modern in its design. The rooms a very generous in size, with an amazing bathroom. The beds are AMAZING. I found it near impossible to get out of it in the morning. The room came with breakfast, a travelers favourite words. The breakfast was really a feast with a massive spread of western and local treats. Coffee, a MUST for me was excellent at the lobby cafe called wrapped. I have to say that I really was blown away by the service and the attentive staff that were always more then willing to answer questions about where to eat in town and where to go shopping.

Really surprising service

by TripAdvisor Member pandaboi

I came to Kuching to visit some friends. In my previous forays into SE Asia, I generally found the quality of the service to be very sub-standard in general compared to HK and Europe, but the staff here were very courteous, were fluent in English and the service was really good.

We got a really good deal off the internet....

The Hotel is new and clean and the rooms were nice. My partner and I really had a good time.... the weather is just damn hot in Kuching!

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member aus_work_traveller

I stayed in the Four Points in April on a work trip. I had stayed at two other hotels in Kuching prior to this and had asked to move from them due to room noise.
The Four Points is furbished very nicely. I can honestly say the beds there were the most comfortable I had ever slept in in a hotel.
The room was large, bathroom enormous and the floor to ceiling window was great, letting in lots of light.
My room had a great power board which allowed overseas plugs and I believe connections to run your i-pod through the TV (no i-pod to check this).
The breakfast buffet had an enormous selection with western and Asian dishes. There is a Western Chef employed at the hotel.
The hotel had many good features, though it was not fully occupied whilst I was there. Building works were going on in the upper floors but I did not hear any noise from this.
One area where I thought the hotel fell down somewhat was the building itself. The lifts dont seem to co-ordinate (you have to press all of the buttons to call all of the lifts. But then all of the lifts come at once!). The shower cubicle didnt drain well, and I found it difficult to turn the taps on and stay on. There didnt appear to be any power points in the bathroom so I had to dry my hair in the corridor and check every now and again the results.

Nice looking hotel but has shortcomings

by TripAdvisor Member mjsmith75

The staff was super friendly and helpful, the main bright spot.
They initially wrecked my whites (laundry service) but fixed the problem a day later.
The hot water wasn't working very well (lukewarm at best).
The elevators electronics weren't working very well - kind of of putting.

The rooms were nicely styled with a good bed and flat-screen TV, nice walk in shower and deep tub.

The workmanship of the hotel leaves a little to be desired.

I will recommend the hotel...but barely.

I Luv Kuching!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member CherryCoke1988

Is a cosy hotel, the staffs are friendly. My friend and I feel very welcoming. This is my first trip to East Malaysia and I arrange it with Travel Agent. The hotel is not far a way from town is only 10 min and 2km away from airport. So if you are like us, last minute shopper this is a great place to stay. Overall not much to said about the hotel as it is brand new. I like the room and poolside as you can enjoy sunset. My room come with breakfast, the spread are good, international buffet. The concierge are very helpful, they are always there to recommend us good restaurant and help us to arranging transfer to town (around 17-25 Ranggit Malaysia). Beside this they do have schedule car, however we are always out of timing. I luv Kuching especially the nature and handicraft, it is amazing.

Great hotel and outstanding staff.

by TripAdvisor Member DAVIDANDWENDY

Although this hotel is located a bit out of town, don't let this deter you. From the moment we walked through the doors we were treated like royalty. The staff were awesome. The rooms were spotless and very modern. The beds were the biggest and best we'd ever slept in. The rates were very reasonable when compared to other 4/5 star hotels in Kuching. The hotel has a free shuttle bus into town three times daily, although taxi rates were only 15 RM. Tours can be booked through concierge. The gym is opened 24 hours. The choice at both breakfast and dinner buffets was extensive and very reasonably priced. If you need a change from eating in the hotel, there was a huge choice of restaurants across the road, serving great food at local prices. Management should be very proud of the hotel and its staff.

Wanabe but ok

by TripAdvisor Member bcheong

Almost like an airport hotel, this 4 points is only 5 minutes from the airport. After a few days driving around, I reckon this is 1 of the most modern looking buildings in Kuching. Only 4 months old, it at first looks like a new Le meridien or W, but the gleam is pretty superficial. The room is trying to be minimalist modern with frosted glass and light wood. Somehow the wooden floor feels dusty and the toilet flush and shower hot water doesn't quite work well. I stayed in a nice suite with seperate living and sleeping area, and 2 plasma screens and 2 workdesks with internet. However, 1 of the plasmas and internet connection don't work well. Breakfast has a great range, but the quality is pretty so-so. The room, hotel decor, little touches try to be a little "funky" like the W or the new le meridiens, but somehow on a lower budget. Certainly worth a try if you're in Kuching, and I hear it's better than the much older Hilton downtown

read this before you book!

by TripAdvisor Member usually_unfussy

I did not enjoy my recent stay at Kuching's four points. I usually don't post comments, but this hotel deserves a long list of warnings to its potential customers. I would sort my disappointment in three categories: location, finishing, maintenance and cleanliness. With one suspicious exception (The pool is lovely and has fastastic view where we can enjoy sunset of Kuching: the pool is actually facing south, is enclosed by a wall, on the other side of which is a truck park...), even the positive comments on this page agree on those shortcomings.

Location
The hotel is remote from the city, which I knew, but instead of the resort-like retreat in the middle of lush green promised by the web site, it is actually a non-descript office building in the middle of an equally non-descript suburb squeezed between a highway interchange and a truck park. The only green to be seen around are the hotel colored windows and the metallic roofs of the shop houses across the road.
Any discount you can get will be spent on taxis getting in and out.

Finishing
The minute I stepped in the lobby, I felt this building was only a decor for the entertainment of the local notability. As a matter of fact, I later learned from one of my taxi drivers that the owner (and builder...) of the hotel has done this only for the wedding of his son in December 2008.
The finishing is horrible. Anything that should be aligned is slanted, often by more than 15 degrees: the tab cover in the shower, the door hinges in the shower, the power plug covers in the lobby, etc. The ceiling was obviously painted after the room was finished, there are paint drops on the walls, and even on the armchair! There are very visible shock marks on the bath tube and on the table below the sink. The plastic protecting sheets on the very few hanging knobs in the bathroom have not been removed. Some floor titles are dented.
By taking delivery of such poor construction (and apparently by delivering such poor construction, as it appears that the owner of the hotel is also its builder...), the management has clearly indicated the low level of quality it has set for itself.

Maintenance and cleanliness
Obviously, the same low level of quality applies on the day to day management.
When we reached our room, the sink was clogged and had obviously not been cleaned before our arrival. Dust had accumulated on every single horizontal surface. The desk was sticky. The bed sheets were itchy the first night. A fresh change on the second night still sported stains on the pillows. Tea marks on the titled floor stayed for three nights. Although I only managed to attenuate them on the last morning with water and a towel, I am sure that a few drops of bleach would have taken them away. A few treads torn from an old short on the morning were still on the carpet in the evening...
The rain shower worked only once after insisting that someone fixed it, but the next shower it was not working again. The hand shower only let a small dripping out of the shower head, fluctuating suddenly between cold and boiling. On the other hand, the toilet flush abundantly leaked for the whole stay.
Stools are stored below the side tables, and have never been drawn out for a vacuum cleaning, as the accumulated dust testified.
The corridor to the swimming pool was flooded. A guest who ventured there through the restaurant told me that the water was not clean and that the garden was not finished, just a big patch of mud.

On the plus side:
Comfortable bed if you ignore the uncleanliness of the sheets.
High ceilings that make the rooms very airy.
Excellent equipment in the gym (although the staff does not really know how to open the door and the entertainment does not work).
Quite friendly staff if not industrious.

Tellingly, the clerk did not ask if we had a nice stay upon check-out. They know how their hotel is run and don't really want to hear about it.

Good hotel, bad service

by TripAdvisor Member Anthony9trip

Stayed for 3 nights, it is located near the airport, but far from the city. There were good and bad points:

Good:
1) The hotel staff were polite and friendly
2) The room was cozy just like other Starwood hotels
3) Good security – The lifts can only be accessed by using room card keys

Bad:
1) For consecutively 2 days, I left the hotel room in the morning with the “Please clean room” request card hanging on my main doors. But when I return after 6-8 hours, the request card was still hanging there and the room was not cleaned. I don’t know whether they accidentally missed out my room, but for consecutively 2 days was definitely unacceptable, I think any 3 stars hotel can do a better job than this.
2) The TV had no sound, I had called and asked the technical staff to come and fix it, but the problem persisted.
3) Nobody answered the calls for guest service and housekeeping after midnight. I think they were sleeping well with sweet dreams.

Chic Hotel, Service Could be Better

by TripAdvisor Member Anpijola

The look from outside is great, so is the lobby -- chic and trendy.
The first lift we took did not work. When we checked into the room, the LCD monitor displayed welcoming message by the hotel management. It looks elegant, but some fittings look cheap. Beds are firm and clean. There is no decoration in the room.

The service at the lobby restaurant was less than satisfactory. It took ages for the food to come, and wrong order was brought. Some order never come even with reminder.

Chinese dragonChinese dragon

Sunset over the Sarawak RiverSunset over the Sarawak River

Baking biscuits in the Malay homeBaking biscuits in the Malay home

Bidayuh with GrainBidayuh with Grain

kingwood hotel

by musaphir

hi
please comment about the kingwood hotel kuching as a place for stay, in terms of its location, accessibility, cleanliness and value for money. driving instructions from the airport to this proerty will also be appreciated.
regards
musaphir

Re: kingwood hotel

by stimix

Kingwood hotel is located about 1.5km away from Kuching waterfront on the east side of the city..so it will be abit tiring to walk there. I hv not stay there but I knew the location.

From the airport is about 10km away. just drive towards the North from the the airport which is located on the Southern edge of the city.

Driving direction Airport>Jln Tun Jugah>Jln Simpang Tiga>Jln Sekama>Jln Padungan>Kingwood

Comments