Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kuching, Sarawak, 93100, Malaysia

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Food and Dining National/State Park
See Amenities

Still the best

by written on November 1, 2012

Perfect. We had interconnecting non-smoking rooms and a fantastic view of the river. Marshall at the checking counter was v.helpful and friendly as were the rest of the staff. All was in working order in the rooms, nice toiletries too. Breakfast had a wide variety except after 4 days of the same thing it began to get a tad tedious of course. Housekeeping was prompt and all my queries were satisfactorily answered. Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. We certainly will return.

Unique Quality: Nothing can beat the location of this hotel. Strategic yet scenic.

Chuckaziz's Profile Photo

Overlooking The Waterfront

by written on January 5, 2010

This is my favourite hotel when visiting Kuching. Guests on the executive floors will be able to use the executive lounge for breakfast, refreshments and internet access. I always look forward to the evenings when I will be able to unwind and spend sometimes at the lounge gazing down at the waterfront below. The entire view is simply fantastic from here.

Unique Quality: The executive lounge is the best place to unwind and enjoy the view below.

Directions: Located at the Kuching Central Business District, the hotel is just 30 minutes away from the airport.

gonnabeatravelbug's Profile Photo

Favourite hotel in Kuching, amazing river views

by written on June 28, 2008

We loved the Kuching Hilton! We always stay in this hotel everytime we visit Kuching. Although over the years, the rooms are a little run down, we still like it.

The staff are very friendly. There was one time when we arrived, a bell boy said to us, "Welcome back! Nice to see you again." It just gave us a nice feeling.

Try and get a river view suite, the views over the Sarawak River and towards the Matang Mountain Range are breathtaking.

Really nice pool and pool/bar. Health club is not run by Hilton but guests can use for free. The restaurants are really nice and the breakfast is good although we rarely have breakfast as we go out to have some of Kuching's famous Laksa - yes, it is eaten for breakfast there. Try it, you'll love it!

One year, we were upgraded to a corner suite. However, there was an annoying plumbing noise and we called reception. They sent someone up to try to rectify the problem. After that, maybe because we were aware of the noise, we could still hear it and were unable to sleep. We called reception again and the duty manager apologised and upgraded us to an executive suite. So, the only time we had a problem, it was rectified promptly and to our satisfaction.

Unique Quality: The views of Fort Margherita and the Sarawak river are spectacular.

The buffett breakfast is awesome! We tried not to eat too much, as we like our food and want to have all the local hawker food but we always ate too much.

Directions: Central. Just in front of the waterfront.

yipsufen's Profile Photo

by written on August 9, 2007

Unique Quality: A 5-star hotel which is strategic and business friendly. Situated at Kuching waterfront and as such very convenient.

Super hotel at a very fair price

by written on May 27, 2007

We were very please with our rate of 380MR all in for two nights with breakfast and one dinner. They even upgraded us to a suite which we really enjoyed.

The location is superb and both the breakfast and dinner buffets are great with some very nice susi.

I can only warmly recommend this hotel.

longsanborn's Profile Photo

Hotel across the Sarawak River

by written on March 18, 2007

Kuching Hilton Hotel is located right across the Sarawak River. It is 25-30 minutes from the airport. The Kuching Waterfront is in front of its doors, and you can walk to the Kuching old town directly from the Waterfront.

Experience local culture at the Sarawak Cultural Village and visit orangutans at the Semenggoh Wildlife Park. Take a sunset cruise on the Sarawak River. Try seared tuna at the Steakhouse restaurant, or buttered prawns at Toh Yuen restaurant. Enjoy city views from Senso bar at the Hilton Kuching hotel.

I've stayed in Kuching Hilton several times on business or private trips. I even stayed there for 1 week during one of my training courses. The hotel staffs were friendly and helpful; the service was professional and quick. So far, I was happy with the hotel.

Unique Quality: The hotel has an Executive Lounge and wireless internet access in all public areas. It also has a large swimming pool, a complete fitness centre, sauna/steamroom, entertainmenst lounges/nightclub, western restaurant and cafe. It also has a large Ball room for special functions.

My bedroom was a spacious room with river view. It was bright and airy, with large windows where you can see the Sarawak River and the governor's mansion across the waters. You get the usual amenities and room services, complete with free coffee/tea and mineral water. The bathroom was large and clean. Overall, the hotel was good.

bumpychick's Profile Photo

Well located

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 17, 2007

A very good quality hotel, as you would expect from a Hilton. Our room was nicely decorated and had great views of the river. The bar is modern and 'funky' with good, live entertainment. The restaurants were rather expensive even by western standards. All the staff are polite and helpful.

Directions: Right in the centre of the city.

SLLiew's Profile Photo

Hotel at Kuching Riverfront

by written on February 2, 2007

Excellent facilities and service. Hotel is centrally located at the waterfront looking over Sarawak river and close to all the shopping and local restaurants.

There several nice restaurants inside the hotel to choose from .

Also do take a nice evening stroll along the waterfront. You will not be disappointed.

harish_mikael's Profile Photo

A convenient stay

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 28, 2006

I stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights. This is among the best hotel in town. Hilton have the reputation for being a good hotel.

One thing for sure, they dont put importance to the locals. I have stayed there and the service not really the best. It is rainy day, all i need is to borrow umbrella from the hotel to go to the nearest shop. It turn out that they dont have any umbrella for me.

I just wonder if the request came from a foreigner (with better tips).

Another incident is where i have accidentally used a mineral water from the mini bar and i thought that is a complimentary bottle (I'm not even use the hotel complimentary bottles and offered for exchange). It is just one bottle. I offered, should i exchange the used bottle with the complimentary one. The front office staff just ignore me and went ahead to charge US$3.60 for the mineral water bottle...hmmm... maybe the front office staff need more humanly touch...

Unique Quality: fitness center is great - Clark Hatch Fitness Center
Breakfast team is great and helpful, lots of smile

Directions: Facing Kuching Waterfront, my room facing Fort Magharita

TexasDave's Profile Photo

Enjoy Borneo in Comfort

by written on August 17, 2006

This Hilton is very well maintained and is within walkng distance to all the old downtown action. It has a very nice swimming pool and a variety of offerings in its executive lounge for breakfast and appetizers/drinks in the evenings. The staff is very helpful all around, but particularly the front desk staff in arranging transportation, tours to see the local sights, etc.
And for being a Hilton the rates are very low compared to international standards.

Directions: Near the river on the Western limits of old downtown area.

apbeaches's Profile Photo

Central location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 7, 2006

I remember a statue of a cat & walking into the local market. It started to pour and huge bugs filled the streets. I was wearing sandals & couldn't scare these creatures away from me. Bugs don't bother me but this was out of Alfred Hitchcock!

Unique Quality: HUGE BUGS!

RINNAZ's Profile Photo

If you love privacy....

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 13, 2006

This hotel is cozy and peaceful.... all malls and eateries are a bit far but within walking distance. I've stayed here once ...food is great here too.

Unique Quality: Nice pool and nice view if you choose facing the river.

cochinjew's Profile Photo

A good place to stay, with great views of river

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 14, 2006

I had stayed here a couple of times before when I was a faithful member of the Hilton Honours Programme. Hilton has some great hotels, the last one I stayed in Asia was at Hanoi, I have also stayed at their KL one

Unique Quality: The location is perfect. and the view from the room is a panaromic one of the river. This hotel has been here ever since I could remember. very popular place but i have seen the price creeping up with fewer promotions than Crowne Plaza Hotel which offers promotions during the weekend.

BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Cat City Comfort

by written on December 15, 2005

I've stayed at the Hilton Kuching a couple of times and it's not for the fancy, smancy stuff from the Hilton namesake but because it's just feels familiar. It's been around for a while and the style is a little dated but it still has the old Hilton feel to it. I think they've recently refurbished some rooms and my room had comfy beds & a fabulous view of Sarawak River. I got upgraded to a room on the executive floor, which was great. The toiletries in the bathroom were La Source by Crabtree & Evelyn.

Breakfast is quite good as well, even in the executive lounge. The executive lounge or Clubroom has free wifi and you can have drinks & snacks all day. There are several good restaurants in the Hilton Kuching and you can choose from Chinese, Japanese, Western & the quintessential 24hr cafe.

Location wise, the Hilton is right at the waterfront where you can stroll along the Sarawak River and enjoy the muriel walkway. It won't be difficult for you to find little gems nearby like souvenir shops and local cafes to enjoy the idyllic life of a local, such as myself.

Unique Quality: The staff are friendly and can speak English. They will be more that happy to direct you to wherever you want to go. The hotel also arranges trips to the Cultural Village, about 30-45 min from Kuching town and visit model houses of different races and tribes of Sarawak.

Directions: Along the waterfront

Rooms with a view

by written on September 28, 2005

We were at the Hilton for 12 days whilst we participated in the 10th Pan Asia Hash - look it up on Google and get out there and run! The hash brought 2000 people to Kuching and the hotel had a computer conference on at the same time so this place was very busy. However, you'd never have guessed it. The staff went about their business with remarkable efficiency. what struck me most wa s that they were often quick to let you know how long a request might take and then fulfilled it quicker! What a lesson to those establishments who disregard the value of communication and then wonder why guests get frustrated.
We didn't spend a lot of time by the pool, but it was hard to drag away whenever we were there. The breakfast buffet was a great start to the day and the staff were so attentive and eager to please. The housekeeping staff did a lovely job in an unobtrusive way.
We'd certainly recommend the even numbered rooms, the views over the river and waterfront are stunning at any time of day, but especially attractive at sunset.

Nearby Hilton Kuching

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Kuching Travel Forum

Need advice about Kuching, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuching and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kuching hotel reviews

Hilton Batang Ai Longhouse Resort
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Damai Lagoon
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Tune Hotels.com (Waterfront Kuching)
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews

Semenggoh Wildlife Centre
James Brooke Bistro
Top Spot Seafood - Bukit Mata Seafood Centre
Restaurants
Simple good local food and so convenient
Best coffee stop along the Main Bazaar
Kuching's China Town
Bako National Park
Semengoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Market
The Best Laksa and Lamb Noodles under One roof
Restaurants
Learning the history on a city tour
Great views over the Sarawak River
Restaurants
Sunset from the boardwalk or river
Tua Pek Kong, Chinese Temple
Crossing the Sarawak River
Transportation
Cruising the Sarawak River
Things to Do
Another Great Way to Discover Kuching!
Transportation