Alpha Genesis Hotel

45, Tengkat Tong Shin,Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50200, Malaysia

Agoda.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• islandgirl912's Profile Photo

great staff service

I'll start with the cons...
    First of all they gave us the wrong room, we walked into someone sleeping on their bed lol.
    When we got to our room we had a plumbing problem, the water wasn't hot and the toilet wouldn't flush. However the hotel did fix this problem in a satisfying time.

Also the annoying thing was the elevators, we had to use our key room cards to activate the elevator and so many times it wouldn't pick up the magnetic strip on the card, it was quite frustrating.

For the pros....
    The room was lovely with a great view of the city streets and we had a view of the KL tower. Also there was a little convenience store right opposite and restaurants and shops and bars all around. Great Location!

The main praise that I give this hotel is the staff, two people in particular. One was the guy who runs the restaurant, he was so so nice and spoke english, even though he has a strong accent, you could still understand him. He was so helpful and so friendly, he would constantly re-fill our glasses and we became regulars everday so on our last day he told us that he wasn't going to charge our breakfast bill to reception! During some of our stay we got sick so we orderd alot of room service, he always brought us our meals to our room with a smile and he would give us a little discount cus he said the stuff was expensive lol.
    The second person was a very good friend that we made called Soffi. He was our tour guide and we were lucky to fall upon him and not one of the other tour guides in the hotel. He spoke great english although he was very modest about it. He also didn't follow the hotels instructions and took us on his own tour. He showed us such great sights and so many things in one day, with so much information to go along with it. He was trust worthy and friendly and funny. These two people most certainly did not rip us off.

Unique Quality: free wi-fi in the rooms, went crazy downloading stuff on my new tablet.

• kuala lumpur hotel

Don't ever go to the Allson Genesis Hotel in kuala lumpur, because i got mugged at that hotel, on the way back to adelaide.
    Me and my daughter had just finished having lunch there and decided to take a step outside for fresh air, i don't remember much but i all i remember was hearing a motorbike and feeling a lot of pain. my daughter says " she was pulled by her handbag and thrown onto the road, she had blood pouring out of her head and was unconcious for several minutes. I took her to several hospitals but no one we touch her. We finally got to another hospital where she had to get 4 stitches in her head, and had grazes all down her back and arms. We later found out that the mugger was one of the staff at the hotel because he was wearing the same uniform as the other hotel staff. That is why you try and avoid going or staying at the Allson Genesis Hotel in kuala lumpur.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Friendly welcome from Ikhval

when I arrived at the hotel, they couldnt find my reservation ( Jen had called and made the reservations, as per my request to her in Siem Reap).. Ikhval the receptionist was friendly and welcoming. He called the manager on duty and said they would give me a discount and then upgrade my room.. How nice, and this without asking..The room overlooked the city and was very comfortable with a large bed and nice bathroom. Even the receptionist advised me against paying fo the wifi services of the hotel, and when I opened the computer it automatically connected to one of the wifi services available.

Unique Quality: Easy Access
    Good Food nearby
    Friendly Staff
    Affordable price for the quality. I paid 180 ringitt on this trip, slightly more than 30 euros.

• Better value elsewhere than Allson Genesis

Positives- close to bukit bintang and shopping, as well as outdoor eating along jalan alor nearby . On the same street about 10 eateries to chose from. Business centre has internet for small fee ( once you asked if it was available to guests - no one bothered to offer it when I asked about internet cafes nearby the day before !) Staff were good although didnt inform me of options such as limo service and internet ( as per other comments) Room was small but adequate - decent bathroom and TV ( keep curtains closed as view not so good- overlooked govt housing and rubbish dumping ) My room Had in room safe, and card entry, and lift access to all floors. Although staff were not good at information sharing ( see comments re: internet and limo service) in other respects they were happy and friendly and courteous.No complaints in that area.

Negatives - worst brekkie Id had in four weeks of travelling in vietnam and KL - cold food where burners hadnt been topped up on egg/ potatoes/ sausage offerings on two days I tried eating there ; holes in sheets ( I had to ask them to be replaced as housekeeping just kept making the bed, holes and all), stench of cigerette smoke everywhere ( there was a non smoking floor - I didnt realise that at time of booking nor until I was leaving ) I asked in two occasions about getting back to airport (I had too much luggage to avail myself of trains ) and on last day found out when filling out questionaire that there was a limo service available.Pity reception hadnt bothered telling me about that when I was asking about getting back to airport a day previously as I would have booked with her and saved myself a lot of stress worrying about taxi driver and would he turn up on last day .Prices in hotel lobby for day tours seemed high - I went on a half day tour of city and half day tour of batu caves for 70MR with a local travel agent whereas hotel tours wanted 110MR for each tour.

Theres better value for same price around - keep looking

• stevemt's Profile Photo

GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY, & a great shopping location

I overnighted here on my way back from Vietnam. I wanted the location as I wanted to shop.

I was pleased with the hotel and the service

I liked the fact you had to use your room card to access your floor and the lift.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Nice Location and Easy Access from KLIA

Arrived late in the evening from KLIA.. Exptress Train to Central Station and then a Taxi to the Hotel, greeted warmly by the front office staff. Unfotunately, they were not very efficient and took a little time to check in and get the papers in order. I booked the hotel through wotif.com who gave me the rate of 175 myr plus 10 myr booking fee. The staff assured me that I could call them the next time, and they would give me the same room for 150 myr all inclusive. The staff is very friendly but not very knowledgeable, couldnt help with such simple information such as the bus time table to SIngapore, but one i remember, by the name of Kumar, was extra helpful. reminded me of checking into a hotel in Honduras or Mexico, a little tardy but friendly

Unique Quality: The location is excellent. lots of good eating places. easy to get to. money changer nearby, so is the internet place a few meters away. The hotel offers wi fi at the lobby and LAN at some of the rooms at twice the internet cafe prices ( 16 myr for two hours compared to 5 myr at the cafe down the road). A lovely south indian cafe across the street with sweet waiters fresh out of Tamil Nadu. Good place for Teh Tahrek and Roti Canai!

Rooms are comfortable, with views over the buildings of the surrounding built up areas.

Directions: Jalan Alor the row after row food stall area is just nearby

• ungshunjin's Profile Photo

Red Light District

This is a very small and cheap hotel in KL town. It is situated in front of a red light district. You can see whores walking in and out of the hotel at night, so dont be surprised if someone come to ask you the price for sex. That was the first and the last time i will be staying in this hotel. There are better hotels out there with comparable or better price. I went to KL with 3 female friends. One day during our stay in Allson, i went to the girls' room to chat. At mid-night 3.30AM, when i was leaving the room, i was shocked and furious to see 2 foreign males standing at the door trying to peep or enter the room. The 2 males were totally naked, without any forms of clothings on. Not to mention on the details on how mad i am, and fought with them. Immediately, i complained to the security office in charge for that night, and requested for a change of room. He says, as it is already late, he cant change a room for us, and the only thing he can do is just to warn the 2 naked males and also tighten the security only. We can all imagine, what would happen if i was not in the room with the girls that night. 2 well built naked guys knocking on your door, and if you open the door, nobody knows what will happen to you. I have regretted staying in this hotel, and regretted for not calling the police. And the other thing is that the breakfast provided by the hotel is inedible. If you are driving, sorry to say that there are only 15 parking lots for the whole hotel, and any car bigger than a Perodua Kenari, sorry to tell you that the parking entrance is too small for you. So you have to risk parking at double lines and the back alley.

Unique Quality: In Town

Directions: Red Light District Beside Jalan Alor

• Robert_Hun's Profile Photo

A great place for a low price

I spent 2 nights in this hotel. It is surprisingly elegant and comfortable compared to its price.
    It has a quite good location: close to the center, in Bukit Bintang (an LTR station with the same name is just 5 minutes by walk).

Unique Quality: Nice room, good location, favourable price.
    (An extra for me: on the day of my departure the company whom I had a voucher from did not come to pick me up, so I was afraid that I would miss my plane. The hotel staff offered me their own private van to take me to the airport which is almost 40 km's from the city - for free! I only had to fill in a complaint form for the travel agent about the missed pick-up.)

Directions: In Bukit Bintang district, close to the center, (an LTR station with the same name is just 5 minutes by walk).

More about Alpha Genesis Hotel

Hotel in Bukit Bintang

by Rugbycritic

My wife and I are visiting KL in June and we are looking for a reasonable price hotel in Bukit Bintang area. A friend has recommended the Bintang Warisan Hotel.
I would appreciate any comments on this or any other suitable hotel in that area.
Many thanks

by shubhraji

KL Plaza, Alpha Genesis Hotel and Bintang Warisan Hotel etc are also good hotels to stay.
Adviser travel.justluxe

by Eggboy

Hotel Royale Bintang is a reasobaly good place in Bukit Bintang.

by kgkean

Try Hotel Nova, located at Jalan Alor (bukit bintang)

3 Star, good environment and clean

Bintang Warisan is located in front of the main street.

by Rugbycritic

Many thanks for your speedy replies. I will check out your recommendations.
thanks once again

by RajivSuri

Go to Imperial Hotel. It is close to Bukit Bintang Plaza. Address is 76-80

Cangkat,Bukit Bintang.Excellent Location.

Website hotelimperial.com.my

by shtan

My usual stays are at the Hydro Majestic or Impiana right behind the Pavilion. They are also walking distance to KLCC. Check out their websites for deals. Or go here for more listing.

by uss_yorktown

I also stayed at the Impiana and can recommend it. Very nice rooms and close to nightlife and of course the Petronas Towers.

Comments