Citin Hotel Pudu Kuala Lumpur

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• superb Location

Very strategically located, all the attractions at walking distance be it Times Square, China town, Puduraya Bus terminal , Bukit bintang, Central Market,

Unique Quality: Location, lots of eateries around, markets around at walking distance

Directions: just opposite to puduraya bus terminal

More about Citin Hotel Pudu Kuala Lumpur

Stay in a two stars hotel but enjoying a five stars stay.

by TripAdvisor Member Jui_Yong

I am Mr. Chua from Ipoh, this is my third time checking to Citin hotel. Compare to the very first time(a year back), and what i can say is that, they are really lack of service and very sorry to say that. Lately, when i make my return there, what makes me proud is that they are developing and picking up their soft skills and its incredible amazing with the management around helping and serving the guest its really a pleasure for us as i strongly believe that Customer Service its a mandatory in service line nowadays. The beautiful part is that me and my wife was convinced by friendly Mr.Jaffrey when we check-in, to celebrate our Valentine dinner there. He is so convincing till we were convinced to go for the dinner and its lovely with the decor and also the food was fantastic that night. Price wise, its just unbelievable. Its pretty cheap for a couple to have a candle light dinner below a hundred these days. Last but not least, i strongly recommend to stay there due to the warm hospitality, friendliness and the fair price. Keep it up Citin.

Excellent and Wonderfull

by TripAdvisor Member Mark171

Me and My wife, just return from our trip covered Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.

Our experiences in Malaysia.

Wonderfull country.

stayed in Citin Kuala Lumpur. Hotel located in prime area. The hotel, 1st we thought as a "backpakers Inn" but it was totally amazing. The hotel is mesmerising for the money we paid. The room was excellent, the cafe was clean. need and pleasant, yet we been provided with free internet, what a pleasant surprise!

Your breakfast is amazing, (would like to suggest more, but for the money that we paid RM10, ots really worth!)

Your room is good, nice and clean bed. Nice aroma smell all over the place included lift..

Your front staff are really good with the welcome lady, such a wonderfull girl and great idea by management. Your cafe staff and house keeping staff, we dont see anything other than SMILE.... very good job.

We co-incidentally met your General Manager and Hotel Manager, Mr.Singh and Mr.Lee both of them guide us well and also treat us very vry good.

Would like o come again, if possible.

Cockroaches Infestation

by TripAdvisor Member auroralightz

We came down from cameron highlands and since the hotel was just next to the bus station, we decided to put up there for the night before going home.

The place looks relatively clean and new from the outside. However, we experienced problems upon checking in. The security card cannot work properly, usually guests will have to slot the card into the electrical system to activate the lights. In the first room, the system did not work. Upon complaining, they changed rooms for us. So now is the second room, ok the lights did work, but it blacked out for 2 times.

After checking in, we went out to party since it was our last night in KL. When we came back to the hotel, horrors of all horrors, we discovered 10-20 cockroaches in our room!! Some even got into our luggages!!! My friend totally freaked out.

We complained immediately & demanded a refund, who on earth is going to spend money renting a room infested with generations of cockroaches??!!! They refused initially until my friend kind of threatened them before they finally gave us back the deposit for the hotel.

This unhappy episode caused us to have to drag around our luggages at 2am in the morning looking for another place.

The hotel management should seriously look into the cleanliness of the rooms!!

A little better than a cheap, budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member richdad1

I have been a resident of Kuala Lumpur (KL) for a long, long time, and in my opinion, like most Malaysian cities, KL is a rip-off city, eg., most city taxis charge several times to 20 times more than the metered rate, 5-star hotels here are really 4-star, actually, closer to 3-star, based on this, for RM110 net (about US$32) a night, I have very low expectationsof this hotel. But 2 nights (Nov 3 & 4) were still more than I can bear. When I checked in, room #803, 2 parts of the 3 were ripped off! Part of the shower was broken, needed to call maintanence to fix it, they just used an ad-hoc replacement part, no more original part, that was the reason given. Nope, it was not the same but other rooms I hecked had the same "wrong" replacement part, so what an I say. There were quite a few long hairs in bathroom, dressing and night tables, floor not properly cleaned (a crumbled piece of receipt were found on the floor), several parts of the carpet were stained, very low quality toilet paper, first night, 2 super low and old towels were given, with a tiny piece of soap thrown in - to remind guests that we paid little for their rooms. Very small bathroom. Way too small for me. If they had just made life a little better for me, I would have stayed 30 nights! Breakfast was so-so, it came with the room rate, I would rather have water than their juice or coffee. Take a sip, you'll get what I mean instantly. Yes, the mini hotdogs - stay away, far, far away. Fried rice not bad. I skipped the 2nd day breakfast, not worth waking up early for.

The good: room 803 being a corner room was bigger than the regular same-rate ones, nice view, the location of this hotel is great. I'd stay here again - if I am not willing to spend over RM110 as those rooms in budget hotels near-by almost made me puke!

Best located budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ladrao

Very well located near bus station . Easy walking distance to China town,little India and as well to Times square. Restaurants at the door of the hotel open 24 hours. The staff very polite and helpful. Breakfast served on 1st floor good in keeping view for budget hotel,also free INTERNET amenities which is essential for day to day life.
A.A.Dhanani - Portugal

GreatGreatGreat

by TripAdvisor Member myeo333

Though we stay for a day/night, the impression of the overall hotel and all staff was GreatGreatGreat. One day/night is all you need to experience the good and bad of a hotel. We walk thru the streets of Pudu and check at few hotels, We were just so impressed by the outside at first, clean and new. We discovered more when we checked in, nothing but the very best. The room, lifts, reception, cafe was so pleasant smelling. Room was very clean, cafe staff was friendly and value for money food, reception and porter was warm. Location is so fantistic, you can go almost anywhere. Given a chance definitely come back.

Central Location

by TripAdvisor Member NeonVenables

We stayed here for several days in January 09. The location was quite good, only a five or-so minute walk to the train station, and about 1 min to the bus terminal. I disagree with other users that say that the hotel is within ‘easy walking distance’ to Chinatown: it is a fair walk. The breakfast was not too bad, serving a mix of western and asian food. Staff were friendly, and free internet was provided in the café (although there are only two computers, and at times you had to wait quite a while to use them). We had a corner room, which had a nice view of the Petronas Towers, Menara KL and the CBD. The bathroom wasn’t very nice – it was more like a wetroom, where practically everything gets wet. It was fairly cheap, though, so I guess you get what you paid for. There were quite a few small ants in the bathroom. It was clean and convenient, and quite good for the price, but don’t expect luxury.

Not bad, but maintanance is an issue in most of the rooms

by TripAdvisor Member ElQuseirer

We stayed there about a week on two visits.

The hotel:
a. has nice views from some of the roooms,
b. the price is quite competative for the area,
c. Internet and free breakfast are good bonuses,
but
a. most of the rooms are worn out (we have checked about 10 or so of them in search for the one that would not make us want to turn around and leave) - stains on walls, doorknobs and window latches falling apart etc,
b. TV shows no English channels and the quality of picture is hopeless,
c. bathrooms are not very exciting as when the hotel was renovated a few years ago - those who invested, they probably decided to save on the refitting of them (old piping and the rest one can expect from a bathroom done half-heartedly.
d. each room we saw had about 10 or so outstanding maintanance problems, nobody seemed to be willing to take care of them.
e. some rooms had good numbers of roaches coming out at night.

All in all, for 100 MYR for two with breakfast and Internet - it is not bad, but if they carry on like that in one year this place will be out of business.

Our sincere compliments to the staff of the hotel - they do the job fine - the top management and shareholders look to be too deep into the credit crunch.

Great Hotel With Affordable Price

by TripAdvisor Member Hotel_Reviewer_Jem

This is basically a no frill hotel. While it may not offer as much as what those large hotel chains offers it definitely can meet the needs of a typical traveller and that is accommodation at an affordable price.

This hotel might not be in the golden triangle but it’s closed to the various tourist belt and shopping malls. It is also accessible by the various means of transport with the train station nearby and especially with the hentien puduraya bus terminal across the street; it makes it even easier for people travelling by coach/bus into the city.

Upon entering the hotel premise. Were greeted by a service staff . The receptionist attended to us with professionalism and was friendly. Check in was hassle free and quick. The front desk was rather efficient.

The first impression I had of the room once I step in was ‘Small! ‘Even though I had the deluxe room, the room was so small that it gave me a claustrophobic feel in the room. Same applies to the bathroom. Beside it being small the room is basically in good shape with the exception of the wall with heavily peeled paint. As the room is at the Conner it had 3 windows with a panoramic view of the city. Looking straight out of the window from the bed at night is the KL Tower and Petronas Twin Tower with the dazzling light (and the coloured lighting that constantly changes at the KL Tower) looks so nice. The usual mini bar and key card access was present, Television reception on the other side seems to be quite bad and only the local channels are available. I hope the management would do something to this.

The breakfast provided was rather good considering the money you paid for the room. Food at the cafe was priced reasonably and was great! As usual the service crew at the cafe were also very friendly and professional. Only complaint I had is the long preparation time they took before the food were served. I hope they would improve on this.

Overall I feel this is a great hotel and I would recommend this hotel to all.

great for budget traveller

by TripAdvisor Member jeremy65

I paid RM130 for deluxe room in March 09 via Hotel website. The room has a nice view of KL Tower and Twin Tower.
Room is extremely small, thumb up for the cleanliness of the room and the bed linen , comfortable bed, except there was stain on the wall and bath towel was rather yellowish.
There LCD with cable TV but the reception was so bad, it's as good as not having it. Management need to look into this.
The food in the Cafe on 1st level was pretty good with reasonable price. Breakfast consider good for a 2 star hotel.
Overall i think hotel is suitable for budget traveller, The hotel is just opposite the Pudu Raya Bus Terminal. about 10 mins walks from KTM rail and Rapid Train(Pasar Seni Station) and LRT slightly farer. For direction, ask the local for " Pudu Raya Bus Terminal."

Batu CavesBatu Caves

Kuala Lumpur skyline.Kuala Lumpur skyline.

VT thongs mark aussirose's diving spotVT thongs mark aussirose's diving spot

Malaysian Air to Kuala LumpurMalaysian Air to Kuala Lumpur

How to get to Cintin Pudu Hotel from PASARAKYAT bus terminal?

by Ally.Zhu

Hello everyone!
Would you tell me how to get to Cintin Pudu Hotel(located in Chinatown) from PASARAKYAT bus terminal in KL? Does it cost too much if I take a taxi? Do you know if there is bus I can take?
Thank you!

Re: How to get to Cintin Pudu Hotel from PASARAKYAT bus terminal?

by mansionion

Hi!

Citin hotel is located opposite to the Puduraya bus terminal, maybe its better if you chose a bus that goes direct to Puduraya instead of Pasarakyat terminal since you'll hve to get a cab from there (fare approx RM10) to go to the hotel. Take note that pasarakyat is quite deserted area especially at nite - might be difficult to get a cab from there.

-m-

Kuala Lumpur Hotels

by celtic10

Hi

Flying into Kuala Lumpur on Friday, can anyone recommend reasonable priced, clean and well located accommodation for 1 person, will only be there for 3/4 days.
Cheers

by kenstan

Tunehotel.com Its at the airport and cheap.

by pgthompson

Hi,

It would help if you gave an indication of what you think is a reasonable price. I think Renaissance and Corus are reasonable.

Look at asiarooms.com and marimari.com.

Enjoy Malaysia - I do!

by cgf

book directly and you save a lot.
many hotels, also 5* hotels have good fares for weekend (as you go friday)

to be avoided is Tunehotel at airport if you have to stay more days, too far from town and the way back would almost three hours

by cafank

There are lots of cheap, clean and moderately priced hotels in Chinatown. I almost always stay there, I have used Hotel Chinatown a few times and I like it for convenience and price - and staff are great.

I agree Tune is no good if you are in town for a few days.

by kenstan

I read that wrong I thought 3/4 of a day.So China town Boutique hotel is cheap about 30.00US a night or there are cheaper hotels there.

by Malakawon

Last month, we stayed in Citin Hotel Pudu. Its right across the Puduraya Bus station. It is reasonably priced around MYR 125. Walking distance to China Town and Central Market. Short taxi ride to KLCC. Long walk to Bukit Bintang. Free internet. New and clean rooms.

We spent almost the same rate at YMCA KL near KL Central. but Citin Hotel Pudu is way better in terms of amenities.

more information please about CITIN PUDU HOTEL in KL

by fgsison33

im visiting kl in a couple of months from now, no place to stay yet but planning of staying at CITIN PUDU HOTEL, read so many mixed reviews about the hotel (specially about its bathrooms)...maybe someone out there can help me by giving some info's about this hotel....is it a nice place to stay? clean? thanks so much...

Re: more information please about CITIN PUDU HOTEL in KL

by kgkean

never try that, but i would recomend you not to stay near Pudurara as its very congested and noisy.

Are you wanting to visit China Town and Central Market there ?

if otherwise, stay near to Bukit Bintang, that side cleaner and its surronding are all the malls where most tourists stay...

Re: more information please about CITIN PUDU HOTEL in KL

by mansionion

Hi!

The hotel is OK, has been re-furbished & re-branded Citin hotel about a year ago. Location wise, its not in the best location in KL as mentioned by the above poster but it is just opposite the Puduraya express bus terminal (could come in handy if you need to catch an express bus for out station journey) and close to Chinatwon - even Bukit Bintang area is walking distance from the hotel (about 20 mins walk).

-m-