Concorde Inn KLIA Hotel

Asiatravel.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Concorde Inn

I always said that we would never stay at the Concorde Inn again after we stayed there for a night in 2007 in a standard room and had nothing good to say about the hotel. However we stayed there for a night 5 years later and it has changed a lot - for the better!

This time we booked a Deluxe King room, we paid MR239.60 - at the time about $73, which included breakfast, wifi and private transfers to the airport in the morning for our very early morning flight to Siem Reap.

Our room was a good size and the bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was nice and all toiletries were provided. Actually everywhere within the hotel including the grounds, pool etc looked like it had all been revamped, clean, fresh and everything in good condition.

Food and drink prices are very reasonable as well, lunch for 4 people plus a jug of beer and 2 x vodka and cokes came to MR206.50 - about $63. In our corridor there was also a little area with an ironing board and iron.

So we enjoyed our stay at the Concorde Inn this time and will now stay there again.

Air Asia flights from Phuket land at the low cost terminal so we caught the Airport Link bus over to KLIA, this bus is not free as some people have said, it will cost you RM2.50 and from there we caught the free Concorde Inn shuttle bus to the hotel.

• Good convenient hotel

Recently we had a one night stopover and chose the Concorde Inn KLIA hotel. We were not dissapointed, the room was large and the room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.
    The shuttle bus runs half hourly the couple of kilometers from airport to hotel and back.
    The hotel has a resort feel with a pleasant walk on garden paths to breakfast.
    Good buffet breakfast - to suit all travellers.

• go_AIR's Profile Photo

Not bad for an airport hotel

I stayed there only for a night. Of course, that's the only logic reason one should stay in airport hotel...There are two options to go there if you arrive in LCCT (for AirAsia flyers), by taxi (about 35 RM) or by combination of 1) LCCT-KLIA shuttle (1.5 RM) and 2) Free KLIA - hotel shuttle.. I chose the latter. It wasn't so bad if you have extra time, LCCT-KLIA took about 25 minutes (excluding the waiting time) and KLIA - hotel took about 15 minutes.

I got superior room for about 63 usd from my travel agent, I don't know how much the published rate is. My room was in wing 9, about 50 m from the lobby (ps: all rooms are in ground floor). Apart from ironing table and iron located in my wing's corridor, I didn't see other public facilities.

The room was clean and quite complete, with tea/coffee maker, fridge, cable tv, lighting with dimmers (so you could adjust the lighting intensities), hairdryer, and two bottles of water. You could access free wi-fi, although the connection were down most of the times.

Unique Quality: It is affordable for transit passengers. It has quite extensive choices for breakfast. Although I didn't order the room service, there are various (international and local) menu with not so expensive price..

Directions: KLIA area

• Inexpensive hotel Kuala Lumpur Airport

Inexpensive 3 star hotel close to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Free airport shuttle transfer between the KLIA Airport terminal and the Concorde Inn Hotel. Breakfast included with most rates. Ideal overnight hotel near Kuala Lumpur Airport.

Unique Quality: Ideal inexpensive hotel near Kuala Lumpur Airport - KLIA

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Excellent hotel near airport

This hotel provides a free shuttle service from the international airport.

If you arrive at the Low cost terminal, there is a shuttle which takes you to the main terminal for 1.5mr.

The hotel rooms are set in blocks, with a passage way down the centre with covered walkways to your block.
    The room was clean, had airconditioning, Television, the usual amenities. Breakfast was included in the price, which was a buffet, with plenty of choice.
    I also had my dinners here, and they were very nice and reasonably priced.
    Even though near the airport, I found this hotel to be quiet. It has a gym, tennis court, pool, badminton, volleyball, football field, also a spa and health centre.

Also, I wanted to visit Putrajaya and needed to catch the train, so they let me catch the free airport shuttle to and from the airport, even though I wasn't catching a flight. I really appreciated this.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay here.

Unique Quality: Nice setting amongst gardens

• serjeii's Profile Photo

some experience

When I arrived, receptionist told me that she cannot find my booking. Fortunately, I had booking number with me, and finally everything was OK.
    Wi-fi in my number was absolutely unworkable. Administrator told that this is because of network overload and better place for working with wi-fi is restaurant.
    I could not order taxi to airport during long time because there was nobody at the "transportation desk".

The rest was fine. So if you need for example to stay for one day and go early in the morning to the airport then that's may be a good choice.

Breakfast from 5:30 very convenient.

Some transportation prices:

Bus from airport to hotel: free
    Taxi from KL Central to hotel: about 70 RM
    Express train from KL Central to airport: 35 RM (takes only 28 min.!)
    Bus from KL Central to LCCT (low-cost carrier terminal): 9 RM
    Bus from LCCT to airport: 1.5 RM
    Limo from hotel to LCCT: 35 RM

Unique Quality: Close to airport. A bit farther from LCCT.

Directions: Sepang

• tanamay's Profile Photo

Nearest Hotel to LCCT

Front desk is very helpful regarding early connection, early breakfast

Unique Quality: For those with an early connection at LCCT looking for the nearest hotel try Concorde Inn. Inform the front desk of your early flight and take their free shuttle to KLIA (5min) which start at 05:30. Hotel breakfast starts at 05:30 but you can take your early breakfast starting 05:00 if you inform/request from the front desk. From KLIA take the 05:50 or 06:00 bus to LCCT for MYR 1.50 (ask your shuttle driver for bus station direction) and in that early morning the trip will take about 15 min.
    Or take a much costlier taxi from the hotel for a 15 min trip.

Directions: near KLIA

• OneNightInBangkok's Profile Photo

Airport Hotel

As I was on a stopover en route to Bali, I did not have much choice but to stay in this hotel. The hotel is 5 minutes away from the airport and they provide complimentary transfers. The hotel itself is very basic, much to my disappointment considering the amount they charged me. For that price, I was expecting something better. If you have the money, I suggest that you stay at the Pan Pacific instead but if you're a budget traveler like me, we're gonna be stuck at Concorde Inn whenever we fly through KL.

Unique Quality: Low-rise and resembles an American motel, Concorde Inn is good for stopovers.

More about Concorde Inn KLIA Hotel

Just a stopover hotel ...

by TripAdvisor Member kiko1203

The Hotel is isolated but is very near the Airport. Return Airport - Hotel shuttle is free every 30 minutes.

I used Concorde Inn only as a stopover hotel. I would recommend other travellers to do the same. If you have nothing to do in KL, It really saves you time and energy to just rest here and then return back to the airport for your next flight.

I find the hotel's lone restaurant pricey. Food is not good.

Rooms are very basic. It's clean and has all the basic things you need - aircon, hot/cold shower, towels, toiletries, hair drier, slippers. Okay for a sleepover for your flight the next day.

Please check internet travel agent prices first before booking directly with the Hotel. It may turn out cheaper.

By the way, for daytime stopovers, the hotel has rates for 12 hour stays (7am to 7pm).

Clean and basic

by TripAdvisor Member Travelgypsyisme

Was quite suprised it was actually nice. The free transfer was simple and appreciated after a long flight. Check in was quick and bell boy to help find your room!
If you have time they have a pool and a gym and a shop. Breakfast is buffet style.
Some staff were friendly, some staff egnored you or you had to rugby tackle to get their attention.

Rooms have tea and coffee facilities, bathrooms quite large and open. Rooms have aircon.

Overall a great place to stay in between flights. Saves you money and time with not having to do the 1 hour journey into the city to come all the way back again.

No more than one night

by TripAdvisor Member ashbrOOk45

Having planned to stay in this hotel for one night to catch morning flight home it was ok but dont expect anything more than a basic room. Having missed our flight next morning due to airline they put us back in this army barracks for another three nights but there is nothing to do apart from sit around the pool all day long so we checked out and stayed in the city for the last three nights. Would i stay in this hotel again? NO!

okay

by TripAdvisor Member melbourneman

My family stayed at the concorde inn for 1 night on a stopover from oz to europe.

Rooms were small & basic but okay for the one night, breakfast was reasonable with plenty to choose from, the pool area was really good for a basic hotel.

If i was staying in the area again I would pay the extra & stay at the pan pacific as it is walkable to the airport & lets face it thats the only reason you would stay in the area.

1 suggestion if you are catching an early flight get down to the foyer asap and make sure you get on the shuttle as everybody is getting on the first 2-3 shuttles in the morning

ok

by TripAdvisor Member Hugo75

A sample place compared to the 4 star hotels in KL Downtowm. We had a late arrival, and a flight the next morning, so we stayed in Concorde Inn. It's rather simple, more like a motel, but the room are bigs and clean and have big bathroom as well.

If you travel to KLIA Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) you should consider taking the free transfer to KLIA and from there you take a 20 minutes 1.50 RM aircon bus. It leaves every 20 minutes. A taxi from the LCCT is 35 RM, from the hotel to LCCT they charged 5 RM more.

Right next to airport...good hotel...and cheap!!

by TripAdvisor Member bwong

Only a 5 minute drive to KLIA so if your going to the airport this is an convenient as you can get. They have a free shuttle bus to the airport every hour. I paid 155RM for a standard room (about 22GBP), which was a good price. Room was a decent size, everything was working; shower and air con was running well. Room was clean. Buffet was quite good...and included for two in the price. No qualms about this hotel.....Ive stayed here a few times. no let downs. Good overall, comes recommended from a Brit.

Decent All Around

by TripAdvisor Member shawn44

I stayed here to catch some sleep before an early flight out of Kuala Lumpur. The shuttle service was pretty convenient to and from the airport, leaving regularly. The staff was courteous answering my questions. The breakfast was pretty good. The room wasn't dirty but showed a lot of age. There was no alarm in my room (relied on a wake up call that was late). I would reccommend this to the budget conscious and those that aren't too prissy about their hotels needing to be spectacular. Ultimately, this hotel got the job done, but was very unmemorable.

Comments