Crowne Plaza

Luxury Travel Food and Dining Spa and Resort

A Central Location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 3, 2010

I stayed there with my family and friends between Oct 1 - October 8 2009. I have 3 kids under 18, so i booked 2 rooms. I had emailed reservations to ensure rooms would be adjoining and was assured (finally) that they would. On checkin, they had trouble accomodating this request.

Finally they put us into adjoining rooms. Now slight problem. When booking the rooms, i was advised that to interconnect, I would need to book a Grand Deluxe and a Deluxe room. But I was checked into rooms that looked identical. I went to front desk and advised, and to their credit they rectified the problem the next day. Inconvenience in changing rooms but worth it.

Grand Deluxe room is huge. Well worth paying a little extra if u like extra space. Had a lounge, sunbef, writing desk, etc. Everything u would expect in a 5 star hotel.

We upgraded our stay to allow us a 2 piece laundry service, breakfast, and access to the Club Lounge. The Club Lounge allowed free non alcoholic beverages all day. Fruit and snacks were served throughout the day and evening. Having 3 kids, the "escape" was priceless. Allowed us to plan and recharge our batteries.

The Hotel itself is located between Bukit Bintang shopping (Sungei Wang) and the KLCC Twin Towers. If you take the escalators at the back of the hotel it is just a short walk to KLCC. No more than 5 mins.

Same to bukit bintang. Alternatively, monorail station Raja Chalan is at the front of the hotel and cost to Bukit Bintank station is under $2rm return.

Breakfast is splendid and aplenty. We travelled with a party of 12 and never had problems getting tables together.

Staff are pleasant and overall go out of their way to help.

Rooms were kept clean, and housekeeper was always courteous. It helps to tip but that is upto the individual.

Taxis within hotel complex use meter. Blue in colour and are all modern. Drivers are courteous. Meter starts a little higher, but trust me, worth using. This is my 3rd family trip to KL so I know what I am talking about.

Only 1 pitfall - if walking back via front of hotel there is a steep driveway to navigate. Leave energy for this. You will need it.

Unique Quality: Outside pool is a must. Well maintained and kids had a blast.

Directions: Right outside the Raja Chalan monorail station.

sunshinelindann's Profile Photo

Stayed Crowne Plaza KL again Oct 2009

by written on November 21, 2009

Wonderful! I love the Crowne Plaza Mutiara (KL). It is central to everything (you can walk everywhere) and yet not a noisy hotel. The staff are great and the Spa is to die for! I will not look at other hotels in KL - don't fix something that's not broke! Do yourself a favour and stay at the Crown Plaza while you are in KL.

Unique Quality: The staff are wonderful and the rooms immaculate.

Directions: Golden triangle.

sunshinelindann's Profile Photo

Crowne Plaza never puts a foot wrong

by written on March 25, 2009

Recommend this hotel in KL as a wonderful, relaxing hotel with first class staff and amenities. They never put a foot wrong - even the temperature of the pool water was perfect - and made us feel very special. So delighted with my stay there I have just booked another week in October - haven't been home a week yet! Will not stay anywhere but the Crowne Plaza when I go to KL. Two block to Petronas Twin Towers, one block (out the back and turn right) to a huge multi level shopping centre and a supermarket for your supplies, and the monorail station at the front door of the hotel. We took the monorail everywhere and forgot the shonky taxi drivers.

Unique Quality: We had a room with two single beds on the 26th floor. Beautiful huge bathroom with deep bath and lovely rain shower. Exceptionally clean. The beds were the best thing about the room. Just perfect and the pillows are to die for! Seafood buffet on Friday nights cost AUD 37.69 (95 Ringitts). My friend made a landline call to Australia each night for 4 nights and the bill was AUD 202. Yikes! Don't use the landline. Business centre internet access costs AUD 5 for 15 minutes - just long enough to check your bank balance or emails. The food at every restaurant in the hotel was outstanding. The Glass Bar is great for a slow drink and live music. Try the beauty spa on the 5th floor. I had the 3 hour special for AUD 159.

Directions: Business district but short stroll to nightclub strip.

vpas's Profile Photo

The crown of K.l.

by written on March 23, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza at K.L..It is centrally located,reasonably priced for the kind of services provided.Most rooms have a view of the Twin towers!The breakfast is lavish and the service in general is great.The staff are very friendly and polite.The twin towers,train station are walkable from the hotel.It is also close to shopping areas.It is easily accessable by cabs and buses too.

Unique Quality: Great pool,good choice of restaurants,excellent location,fantastic view.

Directions: Near Raja chola station

Lyda1973's Profile Photo

The best breakfast EVER

by written on October 7, 2006

This hotel is on Jl. Sultan Ismail which is a commercial area, with very good restaurants around and a distance walking to Bukit Bintan and The Petronas. Just outside is a monorail station which is very convenient.
We had a deluxe room with city view, couldn't get a Petronas view, but anyway you can see them frecuently throughout the city.
The room is very spacious, ultra clean and modern. The bathroom is absolutely fantastic with tub separated from the shower and washbasin with a wooden window that connects the bathroom with the room, so you can watch tv while you take a bath in the tub. The washbasin and shower with beautiful and modern taps, huge mirror and other smaller to make up, both with very well iluminated.
From Sentral Station take a taxi, if you have more than one baggagge, (is about 20 minutes), or you can take the monorail.
The room impressed me as well as the beautiful breakfast, THE BEST that I've ever had, infinity, excelent quality.
I definitely recommend this hotel, has the best location, the best rooms, the best breakfast and the best price.

dragonman64's Profile Photo

You gotta love this hotel!

by written on August 2, 2005

This is, by far, the best hotel deal I got in all my three trips to Kuala Lumpur. Crowne Plaza has done an amazing transformation to the place. Since I directly booked with them (and got my hard-earned priority club points in the process) and got the weekend special rate of USD50++ per night (w/ bfast), I was able to save a lot. The location is excellent - a leisurely stroll to Bukit Bintang and a 15 minute walk to KLCC (Petronas Towers) can be had. There is even a monorail station right outside the hotel! Everything was close to perfect here. The friendly and attentive staff (from all departments), the 5-star services and facilities, the great restaurant outlets, the opulent spa, etc. This property is highly recommended in my books.

Unique Quality: Crowne Plaza rooms are almost always consistent here in Asia and this one is not any different. The room size is just right - neither large nor confining - with an attractive layout. If you can get one with a fantastic view of the Petronas Towers, then consider yourself very lucky because it is simply breathtaking. I can also add that this is a relatively family-friendly place. The pool area is very welcoming to both kids and adults. The breakfast buffet contains a wide spread of both western and asian food types. Room service is topnotch. I coudn't think of any negative impression that is significant enough to be noted. Check this one out. You won't regret it!

Directions: It is near the intersection of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Chulan surrounded by commercial and office buildings and restaurants.

7 Photos of Crowne Plaza

Kuala Lumpur Travel Forum

Need advice about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuala Lumpur and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews