Crowne Plaza

Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50250, Malaysia

Good For No Data
  • A Central Location

I stayed there with my family and friends between Oct 1 - October 8 2009. I have 3 kids under 18, so i booked 2 rooms. I had emailed reservations to ensure rooms would be adjoining and was assured (finally) that they would. On checkin, they had trouble accomodating this request.

Finally they put us into adjoining rooms. Now slight problem. When booking the rooms, i was advised that to interconnect, I would need to book a Grand Deluxe and a Deluxe room. But I was checked into rooms that looked identical. I went to front desk and advised, and to their credit they rectified the problem the next day. Inconvenience in changing rooms but worth it.

Grand Deluxe room is huge. Well worth paying a little extra if u like extra space. Had a lounge, sunbef, writing desk, etc. Everything u would expect in a 5 star hotel.

We upgraded our stay to allow us a 2 piece laundry service, breakfast, and access to the Club Lounge. The Club Lounge allowed free non alcoholic beverages all day. Fruit and snacks were served throughout the day and evening. Having 3 kids, the "escape" was priceless. Allowed us to plan and recharge our batteries.

The Hotel itself is located between Bukit Bintang shopping (Sungei Wang) and the KLCC Twin Towers. If you take the escalators at the back of the hotel it is just a short walk to KLCC. No more than 5 mins.

Same to bukit bintang. Alternatively, monorail station Raja Chalan is at the front of the hotel and cost to Bukit Bintank station is under $2rm return.

Breakfast is splendid and aplenty. We travelled with a party of 12 and never had problems getting tables together.

Staff are pleasant and overall go out of their way to help.

Rooms were kept clean, and housekeeper was always courteous. It helps to tip but that is upto the individual.

Taxis within hotel complex use meter. Blue in colour and are all modern. Drivers are courteous. Meter starts a little higher, but trust me, worth using. This is my 3rd family trip to KL so I know what I am talking about.

Only 1 pitfall - if walking back via front of hotel there is a steep driveway to navigate. Leave energy for this. You will need it.

Unique Quality: Outside pool is a must. Well maintained and kids had a blast.

Directions: Right outside the Raja Chalan monorail station.

• sunshinelindann's Profile Photo

Stayed Crowne Plaza KL again Oct 2009

Wonderful! I love the Crowne Plaza Mutiara (KL). It is central to everything (you can walk everywhere) and yet not a noisy hotel. The staff are great and the Spa is to die for! I will not look at other hotels in KL - don't fix something that's not broke! Do yourself a favour and stay at the Crown Plaza while you are in KL.

Unique Quality: The staff are wonderful and the rooms immaculate.

Directions: Golden triangle.

• sunshinelindann's Profile Photo

Crowne Plaza never puts a foot wrong

Recommend this hotel in KL as a wonderful, relaxing hotel with first class staff and amenities. They never put a foot wrong - even the temperature of the pool water was perfect - and made us feel very special. So delighted with my stay there I have just booked another week in October - haven't been home a week yet! Will not stay anywhere but the Crowne Plaza when I go to KL. Two block to Petronas Twin Towers, one block (out the back and turn right) to a huge multi level shopping centre and a supermarket for your supplies, and the monorail station at the front door of the hotel. We took the monorail everywhere and forgot the shonky taxi drivers.

Unique Quality: We had a room with two single beds on the 26th floor. Beautiful huge bathroom with deep bath and lovely rain shower. Exceptionally clean. The beds were the best thing about the room. Just perfect and the pillows are to die for! Seafood buffet on Friday nights cost AUD 37.69 (95 Ringitts). My friend made a landline call to Australia each night for 4 nights and the bill was AUD 202. Yikes! Don't use the landline. Business centre internet access costs AUD 5 for 15 minutes - just long enough to check your bank balance or emails. The food at every restaurant in the hotel was outstanding. The Glass Bar is great for a slow drink and live music. Try the beauty spa on the 5th floor. I had the 3 hour special for AUD 159.

Directions: Business district but short stroll to nightclub strip.

• vpas's Profile Photo

The crown of K.l.

We enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza at K.L..It is centrally located,reasonably priced for the kind of services provided.Most rooms have a view of the Twin towers!The breakfast is lavish and the service in general is great.The staff are very friendly and polite.The twin towers,train station are walkable from the hotel.It is also close to shopping areas.It is easily accessable by cabs and buses too.

Unique Quality: Great pool,good choice of restaurants,excellent location,fantastic view.

Directions: Near Raja chola station

• Lyda1973's Profile Photo

The best breakfast EVER

This hotel is on Jl. Sultan Ismail which is a commercial area, with very good restaurants around and a distance walking to Bukit Bintan and The Petronas. Just outside is a monorail station which is very convenient.
    We had a deluxe room with city view, couldn't get a Petronas view, but anyway you can see them frecuently throughout the city.
    The room is very spacious, ultra clean and modern. The bathroom is absolutely fantastic with tub separated from the shower and washbasin with a wooden window that connects the bathroom with the room, so you can watch tv while you take a bath in the tub. The washbasin and shower with beautiful and modern taps, huge mirror and other smaller to make up, both with very well iluminated.
    From Sentral Station take a taxi, if you have more than one baggagge, (is about 20 minutes), or you can take the monorail.
    The room impressed me as well as the beautiful breakfast, THE BEST that I've ever had, infinity, excelent quality.
    I definitely recommend this hotel, has the best location, the best rooms, the best breakfast and the best price.

• dragonman64's Profile Photo

You gotta love this hotel!

This is, by far, the best hotel deal I got in all my three trips to Kuala Lumpur. Crowne Plaza has done an amazing transformation to the place. Since I directly booked with them (and got my hard-earned priority club points in the process) and got the weekend special rate of USD50++ per night (w/ bfast), I was able to save a lot. The location is excellent - a leisurely stroll to Bukit Bintang and a 15 minute walk to KLCC (Petronas Towers) can be had. There is even a monorail station right outside the hotel! Everything was close to perfect here. The friendly and attentive staff (from all departments), the 5-star services and facilities, the great restaurant outlets, the opulent spa, etc. This property is highly recommended in my books.

Unique Quality: Crowne Plaza rooms are almost always consistent here in Asia and this one is not any different. The room size is just right - neither large nor confining - with an attractive layout. If you can get one with a fantastic view of the Petronas Towers, then consider yourself very lucky because it is simply breathtaking. I can also add that this is a relatively family-friendly place. The pool area is very welcoming to both kids and adults. The breakfast buffet contains a wide spread of both western and asian food types. Room service is topnotch. I coudn't think of any negative impression that is significant enough to be noted. Check this one out. You won't regret it!

Directions: It is near the intersection of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Chulan surrounded by commercial and office buildings and restaurants.

More about Crowne Plaza

Five Star Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member katrinawehipeihana

The Crowne Plaza Kuala Lumpur is a fine example of
how a five star Hotel should be run, the staff and
Management are to be congratulated.
Highly recommended.

good price/quality combination

We stayed in the Crowne Plaza Kuala Lumpur for almost the whole of the month of April.

It’s certainly not THE best hotel in Kuala Lumpur as some of the posts on this forum may lead you to believe. But then again, it doesn’t have the same high price card as the real top 5star hotels in the city. It’s a good price/quality combination though.

The rooms are spacious and well presented with nice, fresh, modern furnishings. The bathrooms are really nice. The rainforest showers are a very nice touch, as is the sliding louver window between the bathroom and the room.

The breakfasts were a bit mediocre for a 5 star hotel in KL. No salmon, no sushi, roti’s and pancakes weren’t freshly baked, they were left on the warm plate for hours. Good enough breakfasts, just nothing special. However, the waiting staff in the breakfast restaurant are very nice and ultra-efficient.

The pool is quite nice with a good view of the Petronas Towers, it’s just a pity that the pool staff are Nepalese and hardly speak two words of English between them. Also what I found strange was that the pool staff were rotated so often, meaning you hardly saw the same face twice.

In-room internet access (like all hotels) is very expensive, but they have free wi-fi access in both lobby bars, which is a big plus.

Room service was tasty, quick and just as pricey as all 5star hotels in the city.

The turndown service was a bit of a hit and a miss affair. Sometimes they came, sometimes they didn’t bother coming for five days in a row. Once, they even came at 10.30pm when we were already in bed. hahaaa. Another time they came at 5pm… broad daylight, sun streaming into the room, and they want to shut the curtains. Again, too many Nepalese staff with no English-language skills made communicating that I didn’t want my curtains drawn in the middle of the afternoon very difficult. But, having said that, the lovely little chocolate bon-bons you get from turndown service made everything else ok!

The only real gripe we had was with housekeeping… which was close to “Faulty Towers” standards on some days when our regular cleaner had her day off. However, after speaking with both duty mangers we got this sorted out and housekeeping was fine for the rest of our stay. But their faults were pretty major when it did go wrong. However, I am quite sure this would never affect most people who only stay for short stays.

The two biggest plus points for this hotel are it’s superb location, close to Bukit Bintang and KLCC … and the very reasonable price card of under the RM300 per night inclusive of taxes.

Watch out for the taxi desk at this hotel… they are a total rip off. I think it may even be a separate company from the hotel it’s self, but still I feel the hotel should rein them in a bit. We come to KL often so we know what taxi rates should be and were shocked to see these guys were asking about double what you’d pay if you hailed a taxi on the street. Example, a taxi from the hotel to Putrajaya then wanted RM50. Meterfare that time of day is RM25. We walked on to the street and got a negotiated price very easily for RM30. For a taxi from the hotel to the airport they want RM80 and this for a very basic, quite run-down budget taxi. We phoned the airport limo company and got a new model, comfortable budget taxi for RM58. Even a short journey to say Bukit Bintang, they tell you it costs RM5, what they don’t tell you is you have to pay a RM3 surcharge on top of that as the taxi driver has to pay the hotel RM3 for using it’s grounds to pick fares up. So your cheap fare of RM5 suddenly gets bumped up by 60%.

All in all though a good hotel for a good price. I would stay again as long as the rates don’t get much higher. If the rates did increase then I know plenty other hotels in the city with better services and standards, but they are more expensive.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rovernorm

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a two night stop-over in KL. The location is excellent; central, monorail at the door. All staff from reception, housekeeping, concierge, restaurant etc were helpful and friendly. The rooms were of good size, clean and a really comfortable king-size bed. Our room was on the 18th floor, on the opposite side to the Petronas Tower but we had a great view over the city including the Kl Tower. Buffet breakfast is a must; huge spread and well presented. The hotel was fully booked, it was Grand Prix week, but we were never felt rushed thanks to the elegant ambience of the place and the calm yet professional manner of the staff.

massage, meals and shopping close to Crowne Plaza KL

by sunshinelindann

My best friend and I are going to KL 17 Mar to 21 Mar. We are staying at Crowne Plaza.

Wish to know:

1. any massage places close to Crowne Plaza for neck and back massage?
2. what should we budget for meals per day?
3. what is closest large shopping centre to Crowne Plaza?

Any helpful tips would be hugely appreciated.

by vpas

The Petronas twin towers is very close to Crowne plaza and it has a shopping area,which is slightly upmarket.However in the ground floor you have a very good artificial jewellery and fashion accessories shop which is good.The petrosains also has a shop selling science kits and unique gifts for children.
Hope this helps

by stimix

Not only KLCC, actually the nearest to Crown Plaza is Pavilion, the newest upmarket shopping mall, it's just 200M away from CC. Once you reach Pavilion, those budget shopping malls such as Sg Wang Plaza, Berjaya Time Square, Upmarket StarHill, Lot10 & even the 2 IT malls (Low yat plaza & Imbi Plaza) are within walking distance (These is Bukit Bintang Shopping district just 500M away from the hotel. Suria KLCC is even further at 750M away from the hotel

by stimix

Oh b4 I forget, for massages, there are few along Bukit Bintang...

by sooshing

At night try Bukit Bintang hawker food. They are cheap and delicious.
Enjoy yr holiday in KL