Dynasty Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 49% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Never try this hotel- Dynasty hotel

I checked in at 4pm on 27th Nov 2010. Met a very unfriendly receptionist (Karen) and not even greet by her. After half an hour "checking" their system for the check in info, they told me that I have never make the reservation with their hotel and couldn't find my name in their system. At the end of all the searching, I found that they have problem to read what was written in the "surname" and "first name" column. They insist that that I filled in the wrong info. To me this is a very basic thing. If you can’t do it well, how are you going to run this business?

Finally they got my name in the system. But the info was not tally to my reservation. I booked 2 rooms and wanted to stay for 1 night. But they said I only reserve for 1 room and 2 nights!!! Now I started to argue with them on this by showing them the black and white document that I have printed out. By that time I just have the pre-approved reservation document. At the beginning they don’t care what I have shown and asked for my identification card to proceed with the check in. I was so surprise, they want to force me to take only 1 room. I was really mad with this. I opened up my laptop on the spot, searched for the confirmation email and showed to them. Finally they back off and provided me 2 rooms unwillingly. They claimed that their stuff make a mistake but no apologize from them.

I was having the similar problem with their room’s main switch. The lights were not on although the access card already inserted into the slot. I called the reception counter for help. I remembered 3 calls have been made and waited for almost 30 minutes then only can see the technicians. I guess this is a known issue with the hotel but they didn’t really go and fix it. It has been confirm by a few reviews posted on this hotel as well.

• really bad room, really bad service

My family and I just stayed in this hotel for three nights this past weekend (October 24-27,2008) in KL. This hotel's shortcomings perhaps overshadowed most of the fun that KL would have given us. Here are some of those:

1. Upon reaching the hotel when we checked in late Friday, we saw a couple of small cockroaches in our bathroom. I noticed some holes in the bathroom tiles where these insects may have come from. Whether it's a backpackers hostel or a five star hotels, having such insects in the rooms are inexcusable.

2. The carpets and walls were old and dirty. The dust that probably stuck to the wall through the years was evident.

3. The bathroom lights in one of the rooms we stayed in were broken. And yet, it took the hotel staff more than three calls and more than 24 hours to respond and fix them. What kind of service is this? And they call the hotel 3-star?

4. The rooms smelled really old. My sister even described the feel as though one were walking through cobwebs.

5. One of the airconditioning units broke down. Enough said.

If there was a plus regarding this hotel I could think of, at the very least the beds were a bit comfy and the sheets were clean and smooth.

But still a warning to those planning to visit KL anytime soon, please at all costs try to avoid staying at this hotel. Unless of course you want to tarnish your image of this emerging world city.

Unique Quality: None

More about Dynasty Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Dynasty Hotel KL

by pacer4422

That was the Dynasty Hotel in Kl.
Thanks,
Pacer

RE: Dynasty Hotel KL

by michaelayne

Whats the question? Do you mean, "is there a dynasty hotel?"

check www.asiarooms.com you'll find all the answers there.

Comments