Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

See Amenities
aussirose's Profile Photo

Location, Location, Location in KL

by written on October 24, 2014

I was very impressed with this Hotel.

The Grand Millennium would have to be one of the best located hotels in Kuala Lumpur - right next door to the lovely Pavillion Shopping Centre in the centre of Bukit Bintang.

This hotel ticked all the boxes from lovely staff to comfortable bed to big room to yummy breakky. It had a huge gorgeous foyer, big pool area and adorable fish pond in the Club Lounge area.

We stayed in a Club Lounge room right next door to the Club Lounge. Can't get any better than that ;o) The evening free cocktails also lasted 3 hours (longer than the Traders Hotel).

Yes, I would definitely stay here again.

beetlebummer's Profile Photo

Great retreat

by written on June 28, 2009

Located in the heart of Bukit Bintang, Grand Millenium (formerly known as The Regent) was perfect for my one night stay in Kuala Lumpur. I arrived earlier than the check in time (flight touched down 7.40am reached hotel at 9 plus). The service was impeccable. I was attended to immediately upon entering the lobby. I was allowed to check in despite arriving early and was given a buffet breakfast for two at The Mill. My room was luxurious and clean. Everything was spic and span. I loved it the very moment I stepped in the room. And the room smells good too. Definitely recommendable. I am looking forward to my next stay there....hmmmm! That will have to wait till they have another great deal on the net that is! hahaha! (hint, hint!)

Unique Quality: My room was on the 19th floor (the highest level) and the view was great! From my room, I had a good view of the swimming pool, the Pavilion and ....the twin tower. Beautiful! I think my room has the best view of all the rooms. Yipee!! I felt rich. hahaah! Given that I was always travelling on a tight budget that is. I didn't try the pool though. I went window shopping instead. And of course I headed for The Pavilion, a new addition to Bukit Bintang's already packed shopping area. It is located just beside the hotel. Oh I forgot to mention, the buffet breakfast was great too. You will be spoilt with choices, and most important of all, they taste great! Yum! I had mine twice...the day i checked in...and the day I checked out, and all for staying just one night...wish I can eat more...hehe!

Directions: From KLIA, take KLIA express (RM35) to KL Sentral. At KL Sentral, exit and walk to main road. Take KL Monorail (RM2.10) from Tun Sambanthan station to Bukit Bintang station. Or take a cab. Insist on meter before getting onboard.

mlbk888's Profile Photo

Perfect for shopping in Bukit Bintang

by written on September 22, 2007

Name - the hotel has been renamed Grand Milennium.

First impression - the reception staff were extremely courteous to the point of walking us to our room to ensure that we were satisfied with the room assigned to us. To me, this was definitely a plus point.

Room - the beige/brown colour scheme exudes warmth but was, at the same time, not too heavy. The bay window area was furnished with a plush armchair with footstool and a writing desk.

Breakfast - sumptuous buffet breakfast with international spread that includes a Japanese corner. Definitely 5-star standard.

Location - very centrally located within walking distance of all the major shopping centres like Lot 10, Bintang Hill etc. Short taxi ride to KLCC and Petronas Tower, Chinatown etc.

Unique Quality: Recipient of the 2006 Hospitality Asia Platinum Award for Service Excellence.

Kimber_jewel's Profile Photo

A really LONG review of the Regent

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 19, 2007

We stayed in a Regents executive club room for nine nights. Upon arrival we where were greeted at the door and taken to a private check in desk in the executive club on the 18th floor. They were very pleasant and friendly and explained the features of the club : Breakfast each morning from 6-10 and 6-11 on weekends. Snacks from 5-8 each evening, Free drinks during club hours 6am to 1am. Free Laundry service and free use of the Spa. We were shown our room on the 19th floor with a view of the Planet Hollywood across the street. The room was large and spacious but the décor was a bit dated. Everything in the room was in working order and the room was well air conditioned and very clean.
We did have a few problems through. On our 4th night at the hotel we returned to the club for a drink or two before heading out and found the cabinet with the drink to be locked. I enquired about this at the desk and was told that the drinks were now chargeable in the club room. I asked for a further explanation since this was mid way though our stay and was not given one. The next day I enquired about this again and was given the explanation that the policy had changed and free drinks were now only offered between 5 and 8pm.
On the last night of our stay we were asked our room number as we entered the club! After more than a week stay I would think they would remember us as we clearly remembered this member of staff who had been working in the club on several occasions before.
We also had severe problems with the internet connection the entire time we where there. It was very slow and sometimes not responsive. When I enquired of this at the club desk and I was bluntly asked “Are you with the Shell Company” and I said no I was told the Shell Company was ‘clogging’ up the network and it should work fine in the next few hours. Yet after nine days it didn’t get any better. I think it is very unprofessional of the executive club concierge to blame the problem on a company using the hotel for a conference.

Unique Quality: 1. Good location for the price
2. Great Spa and nice pool area
3. Large clean rooms
4. Executive club breakfast and snacks

tranceperent's Profile Photo

amazing deal at the right time

by written on April 24, 2006

me n a bunch of my friends tried to book ourself at a hostel near times square, behind regend hotel. the name of the hostel is casa embon! it was so lovely over the internet, but when we arrived there it was so rotten. one cant imagine. so 2 of my friends tried to take a shot at this hotel which was a stone throw away. n guess what we got an amazing deal at the last minute. really good rooms with great view of the city n the best of all, it is located in the central part of the golden triangel. must try it

Unique Quality: amazing view from each room!!!

Directions: opposite planet hollywood

morochaargentina's Profile Photo

amazing club level and health club

by written on February 18, 2006

One of our favourite hotels.

They have won 2 awards in the last few years, and they deserve every little of it:
* best club level in Asia
* best service in Asia

The room was beautiful and very comfortable (the bed was a perfect 10 score, extremely comfortable) with the most amazing view ever: looking at the Petronas (they are just a few block awas and they are impressive)

The club level has 3 floor. You can see the Petronas from every angle of thie bautifull and stylish place. In the main floor, there is an open bar 24 hours a day, as well as cold beverages and snacks. They also have a breakfast, happy hour and sweet hour (free desserts at night). On a separate area, there is a very comfortable living room space. They also have a terrace with tables and a small cascade... On the lower level, there are different offices that can be reserve. On the top floor there is an office space and a library.

The sports area is extremely important for us (since we live on the road) but we never expect too much, since we understand that a “gym” in a hotel is a short term solution to most travellers... NOT this one! We would have LOVED to be able to join to this club. First class equipment, 2 different areas for cardio and for weighhs, and the locker rooms can only be compare to a first class spa: steam room, sauna and group or individual whirpools (they also have great massages)

We absolutly recommend this hotel.

Kuala Lumpurs Best Location

by written on January 29, 2006

I would recommend the hotel to anybody, and gladly. First off, I was impressed with the quality of the reception, there was always somebody to open the door for us and to greet us, not with the usual hotel like smile, but we felt, with genuine warmth.
Their lobby was impressive, i think this is one of the few hotels here to have natural sunlight in the lobby!! Quite impressed.
The food at their italian restaurant and coffee shop was good, large portions, i must say.
The hotel is located in the hub of entertainment, and also has access to large shopping options. Add to that, the great deals that the malls always seem to have - paradise :)
Good hotel, great location - we will surely go back.

Unique Quality: Great Pool, Warm and friendly staff, always helpful, Lovely Lobby.

lovebeach's Profile Photo

Friendly Staff

by written on December 17, 2005

Have been to KL a couple of times previously but have never seen such friendly staff before. They are always smiling and always ready to greet you. I'm really impressed with the service.

For a city hotel, they have a decent size swimming pool. Yes, why am I swimming when I should be out shopping? It must be old age. Need to relax and chill out by the pool. Can't just keep shopping whole day.

They just installed some new machines with personalised TV screens in their gyms. Not too many choices for machines though.

If you are someone who needs big bathroom, try Marriott or Ritz. Regent has the necessity (bathtub and shower area) whereas the former 2 spoil you with luxury.

Anyway, how long do I stay in the bathroom a day? Regent is fine. Will definitely go back there again if I were to go to KL again.

Directions: Opposite KL Plaza

stappm's Profile Photo

A little too Old school for me......

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 13, 2005

Well, to me the Regent/4 Seasons, should be exceptional, every need met, incredibly beautiful with impeccable service. I was not impressed. The room was showing signs of age, and in need of a deep cleaning (they must have scouring powder in MY.) The morning breakfast was ok and it was nice to receive a paper. But overall I felt the hotel was not worth the expense. In fact when I went to the Hard Rock Cafe across town for a bite, and saw the rooms at the Concorde, I went back to the Regent to immediately pack and moved (and I only had 1 more day.) The Spa at the regent was LACKING, however the gym was ok, but I am still not sure the masseuse knew what to do with a WOMAN client.

I was at the Regent for New Years, and the bummer part was there was NO where to go, sit, and get a bite to eat as a hotel guest and not have to pay a ransom for the privilege of sitting there on "New Years", regardless if you were celebrating there at midnight or not.

Anyway, I would not stay here again, the crowd was much older, business, etc. And I am a tourist whether on holiday or not, I want to meet interesting people and have conversation - the restaurant and lounges are isolating.

One redeeming quality is there is a pretty good shopping mall right across the street.

Unique Quality: Nice Pool.

Polly74's Profile Photo

Relax and enjoy

by written on April 7, 2004

Simply marvellous! Excellent room service...with orchids included :-)

Unique Quality: Beauty centre with gym, sauna, jacuzzi and massage centre. Terrace swimming pool.

Nearby Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

• Grand Millennium Hotel Kuala Lumpur
  • Kuala Lumpur Grand Millennium
  • Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Address: 160 Jalan Bukit Bintang, Golden Triangle (formerly "Regent Hotel"), Kuala Lumpur, 55100, Malaysia

15 Photos of Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kuala Lumpur Travel Forum

Need advice about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuala Lumpur and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews