Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel

Agoda.com Hilton.com Booking.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• chocolatecake's Profile Photo

Life Art Wedding

On the 23rd and the 24th of October 2010, KL Hilton scheduled a 2-Day Meet-The-Expert Workshops for Wedding. I only attended 'Bake with Love' by their Executive Sous Chef, B Chargy and 'Wines for Wedding' by their Chief Sommelier, R Wong, both were held at Accord Network Meeting Room, Level 6. Before the workshops started at 13:00, I walked around to have a good look at the Meeting Rooms, the Grand Ballroom and the surrounding. There were 2 wedding dinners on the 23rd of October, one at a small convention room, another one at the Grand Ballroom, the staffs were very busy with laying the tables and etc etc.

In the 'Bake with Love' workshop, Chef B Chargy showed us how to use the buttercake and the fondant to creat a miniature 2-tier wedding cakes as a door gift on the table for the guests. In the 'Wines for Wedding' workshop, our tables were placed with 6 glasses of 4 white wines and 2 red wines. They were sparkling white wine Prosecco from Italy, champagne Gosset from France, white wine Anakena from Chile, white wine and red wine Peter Lehmann from Australia, red wine De Bortoli Deen from Australia. We were taught how to use our 3 senses to see the clarity, to smell the aroma, to taste the notes of the wines. I was trying very hard to taste green apple, pineapple, plum, lemon etc etc in the wines. 1 hour imaginary 'winery' tour was truly amazing! We were told KL Hilton has 680 variety of wines to choose for all occations, price range depended on your budget. Good tips: do not chill the wine too cold, it'd freeze the aroma of the wine. After 1 hour wine tasting, sparkling white wine Prosecco from Italy was on top of my list out of 6. Bravo!

Unique Quality: Outside all the convention rooms, there is a big lobby and a huge lobby for the grand ballroom. The lobby outside the convention rooms is decorated with earth colour, 2 giant size of black and white photos of Kuala Lumpur city view, 2 giant size of white vases, 2 giant size of floor lamps and ceiling lamps; the lobby outside the grand ballroom has a magnificient view of KL Sentral area and is decorated with abstract paintings on the wall, abstract metal sculptures and a giant piano. There are a lot of photos and abstract paintings everywhere on the walls, it makes me feel I am in an art gallery!

Directions: Opposite KL Sentral Station

• Deng249's Profile Photo

A great view of KL city

KL Hilton, which is located at the KL Sentral would give you easy access to the ERL (that travel from KLIA to city), the shuttle bus that goes to LCCT, the LRT Kelana Jaya line and also KTM Komuter. You would have a good view of the hotel. The room has a wardrobe with sliding door/mirror....and I simply adore the shower.

Unique Quality: Great view!

Directions: Located in KL Sentral

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Can a Suite be Disappointing?

We had the Innovation Suite for the only full night we were in this hotel. It is quite big and spacious and has a lot to offer for what can sometimes be a small price. But the suite was disappointing only because of the room we had first.

The good parts of the room were the amount of space, the fact it gives access to the executive lounge and I really liked the bathroom and how it is open to the bedroom.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Upon arrival into KL we jumped in a cab and headed to the hotel. This was about 5am as the bus was faster than we had hoped. And so we arrived before 6am with only a reservation for the coming night.

This was the only portion of the hotel stay I have any complaint on. The man and woman at the front desk were in no way treating me in a manner that reflects my Hilton activity. I am not one to throw the status around but the bottom line is they were not offering me the rooms that were available and wanted me to pay for the upgrade I had already been granted for the coming night. In the end it worked out to where I had to give up the upgrade for the coming night and got a deluxe room at half rate for the remainder of the day. This deluxe room they immediately upgraded to and executive room which made little sense to me. But what an upgrade it was. We were given the single best hotel room I have ever had.

We had the privilege of having one of the two rooms in this hotel with the private sundeck. This sundeck was very large as you can see in the attached pictures and gave excellent unobstructed views of the everything in 180 degree view.

The room itself was a standard executive room with a very comfortable king bed. 40something inch plasma tv. The bathroom was quite nice as well. With two large sliding doors you could make it all one room with the bedroom or separate. A standalone shower and deep and large tub along with a single sink on a modern stand round out the facilities while the toilet was in a separate offshoot beside the shower.

• my44's Profile Photo

Chic Room Design

To me, the best selling point of the new KL Hilton is the room (aka the Deluxe Innovation Room). The room interior is very chic, with usage of retro colour scheme such as black, white, dark red and pinewood. The king-size bed opens into a glassy bathroom. Did I forget to mention about the 42" LCD screen TV? The bed is comfortable and well appointed. Thumbs up for the room. The hotel lobby, swimming pool, etc were just average for me. Still, it's a great 5-star hotel!

Unique Quality: The Deluxe Innovation Room, very innovative, modern and chic.

Directions: Brickfields

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

World Class Hotel

This Hilton is 1st Class throughout. The Concierge's staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. The rooms feature 42" flat screen TVs, rainwater showerheads and beautiful views of KL. The executive lounge has a wide assortment of pastries, omelet station, waffles and pancakes as well as local foods. And you could make a meal out of the appetizers and drinks at night if you're too tired to eat out. There are several restaurants with cutting-edge cuisines, but we didn't eat there so I can't comment on them. But if you stay in the lobby and observe people coming and going you get the feel that this is a place frequented by the movers and shakers of KL. At the same time the rates are quite low, at least by U.S. Hilton standards. I paid about $US 70 per night in May, 2006.

It's a little odd that this is like a twin hotel becaue right next to it, in the same complex, is Le Meridien hotel. The buildings appear to be the same on the outside, but I can't comment on the amenities at Le Meridien, being a Hilton devotee.

Directions: It is part of the KL Sentral Station, across from Brickfields neighborhood.

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo

Romantic Hotel

All the fasilities this hotel have. And the special one is the bathroom, where have the space that make us comfortable, and relax..:) Especially for couple..:)

Directions: In KL Center.

• omjood's Profile Photo

KL CooLeST Hotel

I really liked Hilton KL .. My husband and I stayed there in Dec 2004. The room was very nice. The bathroom was great ! .. great shower and bath .. It had TV Plazma and we borrowed DVD player .. so even if we stayed at hotel, it was fun.. the staff were freindly.. we really enjoyed our stay there ..

Unique Quality: the view from the room was nice.. it was either new or has been renewed .. there is a shopping center infront of it and train station.

• ickee's Profile Photo

The MOTHER of All Hotels

One word. Perfect. If you can afford it, go ahead and give yourself a break. This hotel will blow you away.

Unique Quality: Rise and Shine. What's the first thing you do when you get up? Brush your teeth or turn on your flat-screen LCD TV? Hmm.. how about both. After all, there's an LCD panel on your bathroom mirror. The tub and your bed is seperated only by a sexy screen-door and the toilet has its own entry. You have 2 robes, one for drying after a shower and one for lounging after... whatever ;-p

Great View. Great bed.

Bored? There are boardgames provided with everything else you need in your entertainment cupboard.

Directions: From the train station, cross.

• Kay_Lina's Profile Photo

The latest in town..

Overlooking the Lake Gardens and located in KL Sentral, the transport hub of the city, Hilton Kuala Lumpur is 28 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport via the airport express train and 10 minutes from KLCC. For me, hotel is great.. and love to stay there again..

Unique Quality: the hotel features 510 rooms each with 42'' plasma TVs (the first and largest commercial hotel equipped with such a great feature in all its rooms). see pic.

Facilities include the Executive Lounge on the 33rd floor, 10 restaurants and bars, a 2-storey state-of-the-art health club and a 120-metre freeform terrace pool.

For added convenience and comfort, lifestyle boxes are customised to guests' needs - business, relaxation and entertainment

Directions: located next to Sentral Station..

• southsearock's Profile Photo

Affordable luxury

The Hilton is a recently opened luxury hotel located right next to KL Sentral and overlooking lake gardens. The hotel has fantastic links to KL airport via the express rail link and various areas in KL via the LRT system. We opted for the deluxe plus corner room giving extra space and larger bathroom with views. The check-in was smooth and professional and the same member of staff showed us to our room which was a lovely personal touch. The room was large, light and airy with a modern design and all the amenities you would expect from a new 5 star hotel including a 42inch plasma tv screen. The bathroom was especially good with separate rain shower and extra tv screen. Due to it's corner postion the bathroom had a large window with views of lake gardens, while the room itself had great views across to KL. The pool was large with a slide and waterfall and there were plenty of areas to sit and enjoy the views from here even on a busy holiday weekend. Even though the hotel is not centrally located for the restaurants etc of KL it is only a short, cheap taxi ride away, why not try a night out in Bangsar. I would definately recommend this hotel especially to people who already know their way round KL.

Unique Quality: Great views and fantastic pool. Press the "magic" button on your room telephone and have a pet goldfish delivered to your room for the duration of your stay.

Directions: Right next to the new KL Sentral train station

• ammy28's Profile Photo

Rest room

Huge tub with aromatheraphy pot. Build-in closet with the door linked with bathroom. Separatly shower room,bathroom and toilet.

More about Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel

Yum Cha @ Hilton KLYum Cha @ Hilton KL

Flower

by pphoho

I and my girlfriend will go to Kuala Lumpur this weekend and celebrate her birthday here. I would like to buy her a flower to give her a surprise. I will stay in Hilton KL on that day.

I would like to know the price of the flower here (About 10-12 Roses) and any shop recommended?
I prefer the shop around Bukit Bintang if the price is similar.

Re: Flower

by spooker

depending on how many sticks .
RM10 to 800 ringgit :)

by Audrey118

lots of florist in Chinatown and prices are miles cheaper...ask for Hong kong styled wrapping, or tell them you want something romantic - they can add things like tuilles around the flowers to make it a real huge bouquet!!!. If you coming on train, get off at Pasar Seni, there are lots along Petaling Street, the end bit close to the Popular Book store - english section. Prices are much cheaper here, and quality also very good becos some of them actually supplies to other smaller florist around the shopping malls.

Re: Flower

by Liaw

After Valentine, you may be able to get the roses cheaper and the suggestions given above are sound. However, you said you will be in the Hilton KL and prefer to buy flowers in Bukit Bintang - is it because you think that the KL Hilton is still around the BB area? The old KL Hilton is now the Mutiara and the Hilton is either in PJ or near KL Sentral.

by pphoho

Thanks, I knew Hilton KL is in KL Sentral.
It is because I will go to Haagen Dazs Lot10 outlet to buy an ice-cream birthday cake for my girlfriend that day while my girlfriend having a 3-hour Spa treatment in another hotel. So, just wanna to buy the flower nearby if the price is similar.

by Audrey118

ok - THEN PRETTY PETALS AT THE PARK ROYAL IS THE CLOSEST BET... they have a website also...

Comments