Value Score No Data
Good For Families
Good hotel for what it is in a prime location
Wonderful location, easy to get to with public transport.
Clean rooms, 24 hour reception.
No breakfast provided :(
Hi speed free WIFI
For the location, value for money.
The lowest point of our time in KL
First, would just like to note that we had booked a room for one week at Hotel Chinatown Inn more than a week in advance, but the night we arrived, were told that our room had been given away! This was due to some error processing our credit card (for the booking fee), which is a visa and should have worked. It would not have been a big problem if we had been notified in an appropriate amount of time of the failure & we could have given them another credit card number. It wasn't until we came back home from our vacation that we saw an email about our "no show" on the very day we had arrived in Kuala Lumpur! This gave us a bit of a fright, being our first time in Malaysia. Fortunately (?), the manager told us there was room at the other extension, Chinatown 2, just a couple doors away.
The first night in that hotel was a nightmare. We knew there was noise from the nightmarket, but that is the understatement of the year. The nightmarket quieted down about 11:30, then the racket from packing up the metal scaffolding begins. After that there is the roar of the garbage truck about 3:30 a.m. We had a horrible, sleepless night and changed rooms the next morning to something more "interior."
The second room was still noisy due to the broken toilet constantly gushing water. We reported this to the staff, who explained it would "take time to repair" and asked if we would like another room. So we switched again.
The third room was windowless, as quiet as a grave, great for sleeping. However the total lack of light was a little bit inconvenient in that it made one rustle around in the dark for a long time in search of a light if you had to 'go' in the middle of the night.
This third room was not so bad, but we were so annoyed with the hotel by this time that we decided to switch hotels. Just down the road, out of the chaos of the nightmarket, was a lovely accommodation offering bigger rooms for a slightly cheaper price. We'll never do Hotel Chinatown (1 OR 2!) ever again.
Unique Quality: - Website claims 'bathroom amenities included,' but what this really means is a shower cap, a bag for sanitary napkins and a bottle of dual-purpose shampoo/soap. Bring your own toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc., whatever you need.
- Wi-fi is available, but use of internet at their computer is pay per 10 mins.
- National Geographic on TV....it was the best thing about the place
- I had the impression that the manager at Hotel Chinatown Inn was trying to blow us off quickly instead of being genuinely apologetic about our situation (credit card failed & they gave away our room w/o notifying us at all beforehand). But the man (another manager?) who was at Chinatown (2) was much friendlier and helped us arrange 2 out-of-city tours.
- Website says check-in is FROM 7 p.m, but we were deemed as a "no show" b/c we arrived at 10:30 p.m. Please be wary of this - if you have any doubts a/b your credit card, you might end up in the same situation as us b/c these people apparently don't wait for you, have no way of contacting you if there is a problem with your card, and will give away your room w/o qualms!
Directions: It's on Petaling Street, in the middle of the nightmarket. If this sounds charming to you, believe me, it's not. If you want to be in the Chinatown area, there are plenty of nicer hotels offering rooms at reasonable prices on the roads around Petaling.
Hotel China Town
Cracker wee hotel with the most helpful people and spotless rooms.
This place is best if you are traveling in a small group of about 2-4.
The prices range from abour Rm60 to about Rm 160, which is very very good.
Unique Quality: Situated right bang in the centre of a busy chinatown. The rooms are quiet and clean and very handy to shops stalls and lots of food.
Directions: On the main street in china town
Popular Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
11 Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur
Explore the World
- Travelodge London Southwark
- Mactan Blue Reef Resort
- Marriott's Shadow Ridge Villas at Palm Desert
- Hilton London Docklands
- Hotel Alyeska
- Asia Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
- PREMIER HOTEL PRETORIA
- Apartments Club Siroco
- Oasis Plantio Golf
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caritas Lodge